• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: In those situations where Laura had a bolt out and was walking forward through it, could Smug not have just v-skill->punch through it? Or does the projectile invincibility not last that long?

Sheeeeeeeeeeit that was tense

Daigo was right. Just make everyone have BS. That's what Guilty Gear players love about their game. That's what 3S players love about their game. That's what Marvel players love about their game.

Let them fight.

Momochoco have a SFV 3v3 tournament today. I think there are like 250 players signed up. I'll post some notable teams later.

peter0611

Because he doesn't need to. He kinda proved that Balrog can definitely hold his own against Laura.

I disagree. He fought well against Wolf and won the last NLBC by resetting the bracket against Idom (who still has a crazy record against him). But it remains a bad matchup. It would not surprise me if Idom continues to beat him again.

But I understand that not everyone can be like Du or SF4 Infil and successfully use multiple characters to counter bad MUs.

Daigo was right. Just make everyone have BS. That's what Guilty Gear players love about their game. That's what 3S players love about their game. That's what Marvel players love about their game.

Let them fight.
Agreed. Just use Guile and Urien as the new template for what the top tier should look like and buff everyone accordingly.

His Karin was never good and he should never pick her again.
Well, it wasn't that ba.......

You're probably right.

trixx

Was NEC last week convincing win? I mean it was 3-0 then Idom brought it back mid way through second set ended up being 3-2. Also yeah yall right his karin isn't up to par, he could still bring it back though. Good finals.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I've played 2 different Lauras online since this final ended. Both looked like they didn't really know what they were doing.

peter0611

Isn't bolt the elbow move and clap the fireball? Either way, Rog V-Skill doesn't seem good or reliable against the claps . They have very slow travel time (which makes sense, they're meant for pressure , not a zoning and footsies), so you can V-Skill it and still get hit in them when the invincibility wears off.

Proof: 5 minutes in training mode with dummy doing random strength claps.

New002

Agreed. Just use Guile and Urien as the new template for what the top tier should look like and buff everyone accordingly.

Well, it wasn't that ba.......

You're probably right.

I'm no pro by any means but I really don't think Guile is gonna end up as high as some people and pros seem to have him. He seems very solid to me, but IMO he lacks the tricks and big damage to outrank some of the other chars this season. Based on my experiences, though only in the silver range, and what I've seen online from pro players, I think it's characters like Laura, Balrog, Urien and maybe Akuma that are gonna shine.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out and how the tiers and meta develop as season 2 progresses.

I'm no pro by any means but I really don't think Guile is gonna end up as high as some people and pros seem to have him. He seems very solid to me, but IMO he lacks the tricks and big damage to outrank some of the other chars this season. Based on my experiences, though only in the silver range, and what I've seen online from pro players, I think it's characters like Laura, Balrog, Urien and maybe Akuma that are gonna shine.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out and how the tiers and meta develop as season 2 progresses.

I still think he's top 10 though.

Though I guarantee you'll see people lower than top 10 body people at tournaments. I think things are a lot closer this season.

Notable teams for Momochoco Top 4 3v3 tournament

1. Mago, Suteki, MOV
2. Tachikawa, Nanai, Itazan
3. Nemo, Kindevu, Nuki
4. Tokido, Breastpantyhip, Verloren
5. Machabo, Kazunoko, Oshinopepe
6. Pontherman, Gonzalez, Inuchiyo
7. Moke, Gachikun, Storm Kubo
8. John Takeuchi, Nauman, Otani
9. Momochi, Eita, DBKoopa
10. Cojiro, Daichan, MajorBoy

http://buttonmashers-game.com/wrk/top4/TOP4_tournament.pdf
Just noticed they have names in english too. The rest of the teams you can find here. A lot of notable players I didn't name.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Notable teams for Momochoco Top 4 3v3 tournament

1. Mago, Suteki, MOV
2. Tachikawa, Nanai, Itazan
3. Nemo, Kindevu, Nuki
4. Tokido, Breastpantyhip, Verloren
5. Machabo, Kazunoko, Oshinopepe
6. Pontherman, Gonzalez, Inuchiyo
7. Moke, Gachikun, Storm Kubo
8. John Takeuchi, Nauman, Otani
9. Momochi, Eita, DBKoopa
10. Cojiro, Daichan, MajorBoy

http://buttonmashers-game.com/wrk/top4/TOP4_tournament.pdf
Just noticed they have names in english too. The rest of the teams you can find here. A lot of notable players I didn't name.
Finally some confirmation that Mago might stick with Karin. Guess Juri isn't good enough.

I agree with all of that. This should be a fun season to watch.

Oh yeah. And people have a better grasp of how to play the game, too. I saw a lot of top players looking lost when they tried to play too much to one side of the game (in terms of defense and offense). And having arcades go live around Japan should help their scene.

Anyway that MomoChoco tourny should be good.

I will not stand for this slander against Guile!

Clearly you were shit talking Dee Jay here.

Marvel and 3S are the worst examples. The balance is a mess in those two titles. In 3S you've got like 5-6 characters with BS and everyone else eats shit with their gimmicks.

VSav and Skullgirls are calling. They've got grapplers with run cancels and curiously attractive fish with unblockable bubbles who'd like to have a word with you.

Marvel and 3S are the worst examples. The balance is a mess in those two titles. In 3S you've got like 5-6 characters with BS and everyone else eats shit with their gimmicks.

VSav and Skullgirls are calling. They've got grapplers with run cancels and curiously attractive fish with unblockable bubbles who'd like to have a word with you.

I wasn't praising their balance though. I was only praising those games for having characters that feel powerful and that is a reason why those players love their game. I don't even think those games need to outright buff characters or are forbidden to nerf characters. They just need to make characters feel strong and fun. Compared to past games, almost every character in V feel much weaker, however some of them do feel fun. The others need to get buffed to feel as fun. Nemo talked about why he switched to Urien from claw. He mentioned that everything he found fun about claw in season 1 was nerfed. He's having a ton of fun with Urien now. Valle and Daigo mentioned the same with Ryu. Not that it really affects Daigo because he finds Guile, Urien, and Boxer fun. He's not glued to Ryu like some players who love their characters are.

And I could have named Vampire Hunter, but I just left it off for no particular reason. I didn't find a reason to list every game that proved that point.

JayEH

Oh yeah. And people have a better grasp of how to play the game, too. I saw a lot of top players looking lost when they tried to play too much to one side of the game (in terms of defense and offense). And having arcades go live around Japan should help their scene.

Anyway that MomoChoco tourny should be good.

When I was watching the 3s tournament I realized how important the arcade scene was for Japan. Big mistake not having it at launch for both Japan and the rest of us since we would have a more complete game.

wrongway

Well that's a new one. SFV decided it was time to minimize after a set. When I clicked on it to maximize it, it thought it'd be cool to move to my second monitor and immediately minimize again. Successive clicks would bring up a black screen for a second while audio continued to play, but it would just minimize again immediately. Never seen any game do anything like that before.

Has anyone encountered this weirdness? Not that I wanted a laggy rematch, but I feel bad for leaving my opponent sitting there. :\

Edzi

Air 2 Air bruh. j.MK, j.LP, elbow dash away, EX Knee.

Bah, that seems super inconsistent too. Everything Vega does just seems really weird to deal with. Constant dives and sweeps from half screen keep me on my toes.

Btw, you play Alex too right? Any tips for the Akuma matchup? It seems to be giving more trouble than I think it should.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
How do you avoid Vega's EX dive grab? Seems to grab standing, crouching, and even airborne.
I use Ken's c.hp for all my anti wall dive needs. I'm not sure if any of your characters have a similar grounded anti air. Ken's has a really wide hitbox that covers a lot of variability in Vega's location.

KingBroly

Banned
How do you hide something in a quote here? I'm going to make a lobby tomorrow for you guys, but I won't play. Just wanna share my bandwidth for 3-4 hours.

wrongway

How do you hide something in a quote here? I'm going to make a lobby tomorrow for you guys, but I won't play. Just wanna share my bandwidth for 3-4 hours.

I want to say that's the email tag function, but I'm not super sure.

maybe not, I can't get it to hide anything :D

edit: ayy, I got it. Your hidden text goes in the quotes as the link label, then the actual link is blank.

KingBroly

Banned
I want to say that's the email tag function, but I'm not super sure.

maybe not, I can't get it to hide anything :D

edit: ayy, I got it. Your hidden text goes in the quotes as the link label, then the actual link is blank.

Got it

EDIT - Also the game locks at 30fps up until starts logging into the server now for some reason :S

Dahbomb

Capcom needs to introduce region filtering so I can block Mexico forever.
A-fucking-men.

Let me block any country south of the American border. This sounds hella racist and xenophobic but IDGAF they got such bad connections. Got better connections against SWEDEN!

KingBroly

Banned
I figured out how to do cr.LP (2) x Arrow with a Controller.

It's more like a Mortal Kombat input. Just don't focus on doing the motion, just pushing forward does it. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom