• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devid905

It’s worth noting that X-Kira is a compulsive liar who lives and breathes Street Fighter V. Whenever he’s bored he makes something up about the game, and people tend to believe him because he sometimes tells the truth. Off the top of my head, he said “V-Mode” would be coming by the end of the 2016 that would change the characters’ V-Skills and V-Triggers, he said we’d be getting a Dan’s Dojo mode (no other data miner has found evidence of this), and he teased Sagat as the second 2017 character before we found out they would all be new to the series. He pulled this very same “it’ll be in the shop soon” stunt last year when he hacked the wrestling ring stage over an existing one.
B-b-ut.....he did managed to get the Dubai stage right, days before Capcom made it official :p

Yeah, perhaps we should take majority of his words with a huge grain of salt. We'll see.........

I'd prefer they make the backgrounds in all stages 60fps than throw in more variants from story mode that are 30fps.

By far one of the more jarring things in the game right now.

same, would be a shame to see that work go to waste in a throwaway mode you might play twice at most for the FM

It would be nice if they added weekly challenges that could be completed in arcade mode on top of the ones they already have like finish on hard, with a certain character, or get a certain amount of perfects/EX/CA finishes in a full completion.

MrCarter

In 3S.

Question for Akuma players. What are some optimal combos/setups you guys are using? I played him for the first time outside trial mode in some sets last night and it was rough. I kept trying to do SF4 combos with him and that did not go well.... I was using f+HP on some hard KD but at time I would just side switch them and put myself in bad situations and get punished.

Ended up getting the hang of him a little better after 2 sets and took a few 3 out of 5 against a pretty good Urien so that was encouraging.

I play Alex and Urien with a sprinkle of Guile if you are wondering. I usually never touch shotos besides Akuma in games so I am generally ass with them in general.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=l-M-HFDB6CA

This is very good video for Akuma from meterless to 3-bar combos. Only downside is there are no annotations but you can figure it out by watching. Enjoy.

Question for Akuma players. What are some optimal combos/setups you guys are using? I played him for the first time outside trial mode in some sets last night and it was rough. I kept trying to do SF4 combos with him and that did not go well.... I was using f+HP on some hard KD but at time I would just side switch them and put myself in bad situations and get punished.

Optimal for me is always crhp > Mk > lk tatsu > HP srk
It's not the best you can get, but it's almost impossible to drop and does nice damage, also can start as cc and confirm easily into trigger.
Also crhp > Mk is a frame trap as well

Edzi

I'd prefer they make the backgrounds in all stages 60fps than throw in more variants from story mode that are 30fps.

By far one of the more jarring things in the game right now.

It would be nice if they added weekly challenges that could be completed in arcade mode on top of the ones they already have like finish on hard, with a certain character, or get a certain amount of perfects/EX/CA finishes in a full completion.

From what little I know from playing him, your best confirms are either Cr. MP -> st. MK or Cr. HP -> st. MK. From st. MK, you can do whatever you want: lk tatsu into DP or heavy tatsu, vskill launcher into flip palm (gives you a setup), vskill launcher -> lk tatsu into DP, etc. I prefer ending with the flip palm since you end up right next to them on wakeup.

Optimal for me is always crhp > Mk > lk tatsu > HP srk
It's not the best you can get, but it's almost impossible to drop and does nice damage, also can start as cc and confirm easily into trigger.
Also crhp > Mk is a frame trap as well

I generally see Tokido and other Akuma players I would consider decent do cr HP, st MK xx vskill > kick xx lk demon flip > punch or cr HP, st MK xx lk tatsu, hk tatsu

Last time I played Akuma i aslo did tatsu > srk but you can actually do MK Tatsu into HP SRK instead of LK Tatsu. I'm assuming it does more damage but I don't actually know that off hand.

Thanks guys I will start doing those more. I was trying to get them into my gameplan but kept reverting back to cr.mk which isn't how he plays. It'll be easy to break the habit after another couple sets with him. I just watched a video of tokido from the tokyo offline party and got some good ideas from there as well.

20 more days of Rog.

20 more days of high tier goodness.

I might just stick with him. He's so much fun. I just couldn't make Urien work, and Akuma might be a side piece at this rate.

I generally see Tokido and other Akuma players I would consider decent do cr HP, st MK xx vskill > kick xx lk demon flip > punch or cr HP, st MK xx lk tatsu, hk tatsu

Last time I played Akuma i aslo did tatsu > srk but you can actually do MK Tatsu into HP SRK instead of LK Tatsu. I'm assuming it does more damage but I don't actually know that off hand.
Those are valid combos but as I mentioned they aren't as easy as the one I use.
There's more scaling on the Mk tatsu, so I'm not sure if it's the better option

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ucchedavāda;228023394 said:
So apparently a Japanese SFV player has started an online petition for Capcom to improve the servers: Article and petition.
Yeah, it's just embarrassing. Would love to know who's responsible and what the problems are.

That's cool I hope Capcom listens

Capcom already acknowledged the servers and said there would be news coming:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...m-says-theyre-earnestly-working-improvements/
Famitsu: So with the assurance that we have something to look forward to at PSX, let's move over to current issues. The servers have been somewhat disappointing since launch. What can you tell me about that?

Ayano: We have understood that our servers are not up to snuff. Making large-scale improvements to them are part of our development road map, and we're earnestly working on it. As soon as we're prepared to talk officially about it, we plan to do it immediately.

Ono: We're very sorry about the condition of the servers. Regarding them, I don't think it's going to be very long before we have something to announce.

Famitsu: That's a relief.

Couple that with the hints that John D. was dropping on twitter about big changes coming this year and announcements in the coming weeks.

I think Capcom listens a lot more that y'all think they do. I'm looking forward to the EVO announcement stream and the coming weeks before CPT starts.

Probably coming beside extra battle mode, the nostalgia costumes and arcade mode tbh

also wasn't extra battle mode announced before the game came out? lol

This has nothing to do with the netcode. We do know a Korean company is involved, though.

The thing is...why would you have faith? If they knew what they were doing, they have had a year to course correct.

To be fair, it's not like things have gotten worse since launch. There have been spots of shit after some patches, but what I'm playing right now is better than what I played at launch full stop. From less RQers, to less shitty matches, to less time between matches in general. YMMV depending on a lot of factors, but across the board this game is better online than it was.

Jesus christ was it bad on launch.

Anyway, it's not that Capcom isn't doing anything. Whatever they are doing is just slow, and it's clear they don't have the servers right now for a huge influx of players. Which is why whatever that comment was about the netcode leads me to believe they are bolstering their online efforts this season and doing things faster.

Still, people need to keep making noise. That's how you tell developers to change shit.

Probably coming beside extra battle mode, the nostalgia costumes and arcade mode tbh

also wasn't extra battle mode announced before the game came out? lol

At least he nostalgia costumes can drop during SF3's anniversary, and arcade mode with an arcade announcement.

But where the fuck is extra battle mode? That was absolutely supposed to be last year. The content on that can't be too hard since it's altering variables. That's one thing Capcom hasn't fixed or addressed and it drives me up the wall.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Personally, I think if they removed every npc from every stage, slowed jumps down a few frames or buffed anti airs and got the input delay down to the 4-5f range. I'd be happy. I'd rather see stages like 'koomer's temple with nice dramatic art design instead of some sad ass brazilian 'parade' with 4 people. There's just so much stuff in this game that screams 'we fucked up and couldn't finish'. Which is a shame because there's a lot of good stuff. I mean..its been two years counting the betas and you couldn'd do ANYTHING about the shadows? C'mon son.

Kashiwaba

Man i really miss Ken, Ryu, nash and mika armies on Ranking, now gold league is filled with Bison, boxer, Urien and some Lauras here and there.

Ryce

Temple of Ascension is a nice change of pace, but the game needs variety. A game with characters like Birdie, Mika, and Laura shouldn't be filled with bleak, barren stages. Those stage mods that get rid of the NPCs make the game feel unfinished. Why would a Rio de Janeiro market be completely empty in the middle of the day? Why would a party at the Kanzuki Estate not have any guests?

I understand thinking that the NPCs look bad (30 fps, weird animations), but the solution shouldn't be to get rid of them entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom