• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Yes, I did. What's your point?

Just that the move is the same, it's everything else that's gotten better. lol.

The things that get me the most are the missing pieces of content, QoL things we still don't have, netcode improvements, weird ways of handling the DLC characters, and the real dumb silence they have on stuff coming up (like, can we get a list of CPT events nailed down, please Capcom?). Just as I engage people when they talk about how much they like the gameplay, I still discuss all the missing and bad pieces as well.

It's probably easy for me because while everything around the game was rancid (and to a point, still is), but the gameplay is so great that I just don't mind too much. And Capcom is working, ever so slowly, to correct shit.

What is tiresome is watching people complain about parts of the game that aren't actually broken. This character being too overpowered, why didn't jabs get nerfed, etc etc. But, that's how it has always been, just magnified because we have bigger social media networks and more people are playing overall, so you get more rkappa postings all over the net.

If KOF was bigger than SFV, you'd see the same shitposts but different styles regarding the gameplay department. "Oh that Ramon punch "infinite" that's so cheap how could they release the game fucking ShitNK"

Yeah pretty much. Wish people would spend less time hating on a game they don't have to play and more time supporting the ones that do. I see dudes on Twitter saying SFV SUX but I don't see them trying to further the BB/GG/KOF/Tekken communities nearly as much.

This. All of this.

If you don't like SFV, don't play it. If you don't have fun playing SFV, don't play it. Play something else. It's so simple. There is plenty of other games to play.

I don't know how so many people have so much disposable free time to spend it on stuff they don't enjoy (and spend cycles hating on it). This is a hobby, I only have so much time for it. I play SFV because it is fun to me. I would never spend time on a fighting game if I am not having fun while playing it.

Skilletor

That's the only problem I have with that character, since season 1, everything else I can handle.

Then...don't know what to tell you, man. That's the easiest shit to deal with. It is literally one button to stop except, apparently, on situational wakeup scenarios.

If you don't like SFV, don't play it. If you don't have fun playing SFV, don't play it. Play something else. It's so simple. There is plenty of other games to play.

I don't know how so many people have so much disposable free time to spend it on stuff they don't enjoy (and spend cycles hating on it). This is a hobby, I only have so much time for it. I play SFV because it is fun to me. I would never spend time on a fighting game if I am not having fun while playing it.

here-you-can-i-hate-sfv-play-gg-or-kof-4213672.png

RK9039

Then...don't know what to tell you, man. That's the easiest shit to deal with. It is literally one button to stop except, apparently, on situational wakeup scenarios.

I don't think you understand what I originally meant. Of course you can stop the pressure, I have been doing that the entire time... I am talking about the issue of safe on block special moves (non-ex) that Laura has and that I can't punish them on block with a simple jab, not that I don't have my "turn" to do things -- as pointless as that window is.

New002

The things that get me the most are the missing pieces of content, QoL things we still don't have, netcode improvements, weird ways of handling the DLC characters, and the real dumb silence they have on stuff coming up (like, can we get a list of CPT events nailed down, please Capcom?). Just as I engage people when they talk about how much they like the gameplay, I still discuss all the missing and bad pieces as well.

It's probably easy for me because while everything around the game was rancid (and to a point, still is), but the gameplay is so great that I just don't mind too much. And Capcom is working, ever so slowly, to correct shit.

What is tiresome is watching people complain about parts of the game that aren't actually broken. This character being too overpowered, why didn't jabs get nerfed, etc etc. But, that's how it has always been, just magnified because we have bigger social media networks and more people are playing overall, so you get more rkappa postings all over the net.

If KOF was bigger than SFV, you'd see the same shitposts but different styles regarding the gameplay department. "Oh that Ramon punch "infinite" that's so cheap how could they release the game fucking ShitNK"

Yeah pretty much. Wish people would spend less time hating on a game they don't have to play and more time supporting the ones that do. I see dudes on Twitter saying SFV SUX but I don't see them trying to further the BB/GG/KOF/Tekken communities nearly as much.

Solid.I just wanna say that I have no problem with people criticizing Capcom and SFV all day long for the problems outlined in your first paragraph. I honestly didn't miss any of the missing content outside of trials, so as long as I could get games going online I was happy. I didn't need much else. The Fighting mechanics were and are great IMO. But, that's just me.

I've said it before but I think SFV is a fantastic fighting game at its core that is being hamstrung by virtually everything else outside of the fighting. The game deserves so much better from Capcom and it's frustrating to see how it's been handled.

So yeah it doesn't bother me when I see criticism of the game and threads on gaming side blow up. People have reasons to be upset and I don't blame them. Keep on yelling until Capcom delivers imo.

In regard to you last few paragraphs I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with people questioning decisions as far as the mechanics are concerned, but I do think some people are getting a little carried away this early on. S2 JUST started. Give it some time. Learn. Try to adapt. Then let's chat about shit being broken or whatever, but at least give it time :/

I'm getting really tired of the game matching me against Ultra Diamonds while im sitting here in Super Platinum. Im talking im rank 4000 fighting people 500 and up, repeatedly. I've lost almost 800 pts today.

Also screw Laura, Cammy is the best in the game now. Literally cant come near her.

Mizerman

I don't think anyone hate SFV. They just hate how Capcom handled SFV.

They have a funny way of expressing it. Otherwise, I'm inclined to type "bullshit." I mean, Capcom did shoot themselves in foot quite a bit when it came to SFV, but the various shitposts don't help as well.

Yup.

RK9039

I don't think anyone hate SFV. They just hate how Capcom handled SFV.

Yeah I like the game but it's hard to ignore Capcom's many fuckups. Even now with all the network issues we still come across. The game itself is really good. I don't think I've played a fighting game for this many total hours before. Hell, I really don't even mind the Nash nerfs either because it has forced me to play a bit more carefully.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm getting really tired of the game matching me against Ultra Diamonds while im sitting here in Super Platinum. Im talking im rank 4000 fighting people 500 and up, repeatedly. I've lost almost 800 pts today.

Also screw Laura, Cammy is the best in the game now. Literally cant come near her.

IMO the only good thing about ranked is playing against people that think. Not trying to diminish your experience but i really dont care about points. I wish there was a championship mode like in ssf4

Onemic

It seems like they removed the RQ system entirely? I havent seen the good and bad player icons since the first week and I had someone RQ on me the moment I won the match and I received no points. I have a feeling he didnt get deducted any points either.

FluxWaveZ

It seems like they removed the RQ system entirely? I havent seen the good and bad player icons since the first week and I had someone RQ on me the moment I won the match and I received no points. I have a feeling he didnt get deducted any points either.

You never received any points from the rehauled RQ system. The player who RQs loses their points, and that's still in effect. I can confirm this, because I think ~4-5 days ago, the game decided to boot me out of the server in a match where I essentially almost double perfected a Laura player (still think they must have done something on their end to have this happen), and when I came back I saw that I had been deducted around 100 LP as though I lost.

80001 is relentless with this game now. I'll win 3 matches in a row against different players, and not get any of the points. Then I'll lose the 4th match, and miraculously there aren't any problems and I lose the LP as I should. This was a constant trend during the same day I lost LP due to my "RQ." Very frustrating.

Moaradin

Depending on the distance, Urien could do the same with his light tackle.

It's pretty risky though. It's pretty much the same as Karin doing EX DP after shoulder. You might get it once if you notice them constantly challenging you, but if they block then you're pretty much throwing the game away.

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty risky though. It's pretty much the same as Karin doing EX DP after shoulder. You might get it once if you notice them constantly challenging you, but if they block then you're pretty much throwing the game away.

Oh, for sure. Certainly not advocating for -2 frame trap DPs, haha.

BHK3

Banned
SFV is about getting rid of fundamental. Meanwhile you have fucking Urien who can random tackle beating any button that comes out unless your extremely lucky

At this point im performing in KI a hell of a lot better than in SFV.

Did they ever buff Jago in KI? Felt like I could never get to Killer rank because of how ridiculous Rash and Shadow Jago were

sixghost

I feel like an idiot that it took me 11 months to actually try buffering normals into specials in the neutral game. I would always get torn apart by people who would randomly dash at me because my reactions weren't good enough to punish it. This feels like a completely different game now.

New vid about S2 and Infiltration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJmnaHfvaI

I see some of his points. I don't know if I agree with the other pro players not liking S2 all that much or sticking with their characters since most seem to enjoy the changes, salty Rog not withstanding. But he does have a point about catering too much to the casual audience in some places.

Interesting video all around though.
This is a great interview. I agree with most of it except the part about the DP nerfs. That was far and away the best system-wide change they made. It made me smile when I saw that we're on the same page about Alex, Nash and Fang too. I came to a similar conclusion about a week ago. Season 2 is pretty great and I can't even see a bottom five anymore, but I do feel like the bottom three are clear.

FluxWaveZ

I feel like an idiot that it took me 11 months to actually try buffering normals into specials in the neutral game. I would always get torn apart by people who would randomly dash at me because my reactions weren't good enough to punish it. This feels like a completely different game now.

Took me about 8-9 months to learn this, too. Though, part of that could be because the characters I gravitate towards aren't the best with that kind of buffering.

Wow. There's a lot of salt and ego flying around here.

I know it's cool to hate on this game, especially since more pros are expressing their dissatisfaction with Season 2, but I hope we can keep things civil and productive.

ElFly

I'd be ok with meterless ungrabable reversals if the character somehow paid for it

Ryu and Ken and fucking Cammy in this game def did not pay for it at all. piss off. also meter is still cheap in S2, most of the time you are being pressured you will have meter for your EX DP

Edzi

I'd be ok with meterless ungrabable reversals if the character somehow paid for it

Ryu and Ken and fucking Cammy in this game def did not pay for it at all. piss off. also meter is still cheap in S2, most of the time you are being pressured you will have meter for your EX DP

A full CC combo wasn't paying for it?

I don't see them trying to further the BB/GG/KOF/Tekken communities nearly as much.

All of the Tekken community is trying to create content for the game itself to help build it up. Hell I was talking to Speedkicks about it yesterday. We just need the game to come out and for people to try to stick with it.

ElFly

A full CC combo wasn't paying for it?

not really

even regular combos are good in this game, it's not like if you took away the CC from a recovering DP and suddenly people would be punishing it with just crouch medium kick xx hadoken max

keep in mind these moves still have meterless versions with _some_ invincibilty, just not on frame 1. you still gotta pay for that potential invincibility

Tan

bleh been doing nothing but losing since Season 2. Went from platinum down to the bottom of ultra gold and I can't even get myself together enough to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Feel like I just keep losing to dash up buttons. Necalli really didn't change that much but I feel like I can't get my flow going like I used to.

Kashiwaba

bleh been doing nothing but losing since Season 2. Went from platinum down to the bottom of ultra gold and I can't even get myself together enough to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Feel like I just keep losing to dash up buttons. Necalli really didn't change that much but I feel like I can't get my flow going like I used to.

Stop playing ranked go back the the drawing board (casuals and battle lounge) and try to figure what went wrong. The same thing happened to me when S2 started went from Super gold to Silver and now I'm back to almost super gold.

(I play rashid and he hasn't changed much too, but other players changed and you need to adjust to them.)

All of the Tekken community is trying to create content for the game itself to help build it up. Hell I was talking to Speedkicks about it yesterday. We just need the game to come out and for people to try to stick with it.

I'll be doing that with Tekken and Gundam. I actually write a lot of fighting game stuff for gaming and non gaming sites so I hope to spread that love.

Or I should say I have pieces lined up and I need to start pitching them.

Edzi

It's really cool how they gave KoF XIV a graphical overhaul. Meanwhile, the clipping is still strong with this game.

It's really embarrassing from a technical standpoint, but also just from a presentation pov. It makes SFV look janky and cheap, and I'm surprised Capcom is okay with that kind of image.

Spman2099

It's really embarrassing from a technical standpoint, but also just from a presentation pov. It makes SFV look janky and cheap, and I'm surprised Capcom is okay with that kind of image.

I can't believe they have done nothing to address the more embarrassing instances of clipping. Put an intern on it, Capcom.

FluxWaveZ

Like cr.mp into v-skill is only like -3, but he was getting away with a lot bad buttons even if he v-skills back all you did was a jab.

Heads up: Laura's cr.MP xx V-Skill forward is not -3; feels like it might be -1 or something.

Just tested with st.HP and it's -5. If it's a universal thing, that must mean that a normal cancelled into her V-Skill gives -3 to her advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom