• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daigo is going with Ryu.

-He knows he's always liked Guile and has used him forever.
-However, because he didn't use Guile in season 1 and grinded with him, he feels like jumping to Guile right now would mean he's just jumping to a top tier
-He doesn't want to be seen that way
-He also doesn't want to put pressure on himself and if he loses with Guile, he might lose sponsorship
-However, he also doesn't want people to excuse him if he loses like "Well, you're using Ryu."

He declared that he's going to with with Ryu in season 2.
I feel like Guile in this game fits him better than Ryu but he knows best what he should paly.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Has Mago played on this stream? Is he planning to?

Daigo should take Sanford's advice from 2009
C164AB_WQAYXa3M.jpg:large

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;228143004 said:
Believe it or not, that is actually a step up from spectating in SFIV.
In SFIV, if your connection to the people playing was bad and you ended up being behind the match, then it would simply quit to the lobby before you saw who won the match.

I remember this, it was such a shitshow

I feel like Guile in this game fits him better than Ryu but he knows best what he should paly.

Yeah and he does like playing as Guile. He's drunk right now though and he's explaining this long reason why he's going to play as Ryu. He just apologized to Mago for using Guile on him at Canada Cup. Daigo really wanted to win at that time due to just being a pro gamer and losing at online gods garden.

I respect him for just playing for fun, but I really at least hope he alters his gameplan. You can play a wall, but you eventually gotta bring that shit crashing down on a dude and end the match.

Edit: Why not just have a side character? I think it's time people start branching out and picking someone that suits them as well as their main. It doesn't even have to be another top tier, just someone that fits their playstyle.

ElFly

I respect him for just playing for fun, but I really at least hope he alters his gameplan. You can play a wall, but you eventually gotta bring that shit crashing down on a dude and end the match.

Edit: Why not just have a side character? I think it's time people start branching out and picking someone that suits them as well as their main. It doesn't even have to be another top tier, just someone that fits their playstyle.

pocket Guile would be good if he faces KBrad again, whose Cammy's just got buffed

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is the classic Justin "I don't want to play top tier, I want repect for my wins" Wong that gave us 7 years of Rufus and very middling results.

jett

D-Member
Daigo is going with Ryu.

-However, because he didn't use Guile in season 1 and grinded with him, he feels like jumping to Guile right now would mean he's just jumping to a top tier
-He also doesn't want to put pressure on himself and if he loses with Guile, he might lose sponsorship
-However, he also doesn't want people to excuse him if he loses like "Well, you're using Ryu."
-Also, he's not playing just to get results. If he switches to Guile, he's just chasing after money and he will lose the kid side to him.

Congratulations on sucking in 2017.

What an absolute bore. His Guile is much more entertaining to watch than this Ryu.

RK9039

Daigo is going with Ryu.

-Also, he's not playing just to get results. If he switches to Guile, he's just chasing after money and he will lose the kid side to him.

i respek that

Just mashing buttons can cause a dsync. Seen it too many times when stunning my opponent.

I'm starting to understand why disabling Vsync does nothing while playing online. There are times when my jab doesn't come out during -2 moves OB and will get counter hit like there +1 like Rashid's light mixer. Then there are times like -5 becoming -2 and mashing a EX DP from Ken's Wake up DP V Trigger. I even managed to do the same thing against other players. Then there is Nash's Knee Bazooka which is +1 on CH but rarely does Jab Combo.

It's not like it's hard to punish and combo either as I practice doing these in Training.

With Season 2's server being even more of a shit now it's starting to be come harder to punish -10 OB moves like Mika's EX Peach and Mashed Mixer.

New002

Daigo is going with Ryu.

I feel like he shouldn't let the bolded factors influence his decision :) Play who you wanna play regardless of what others think. If that's Ryu, sweet. If that's Guile, great.

LakeEarth

Trying out S2 Birdie, I like what you can juggle more after his d.FP now, as I can now juggle into fierce bullhead from pretty much anywhere. The d.mp nerf hurts though, I faced a Ken that wouldn't stop jumping and I just couldn't find the right button to stop him. d.mp used to beat everything, now it trades a lot. d.FP doesn't seem to do the job either. Anyone know what I could be using instead?

Just mashing buttons can cause a dsync. Seen it too many times when stunning my opponent.

I'm starting to understand why disabling Vsync does nothing while playing online. There are times when my jab doesn't come out during -2 moves OB and will get counter hit like there +1 like Rashid's light mixer. Then there are times like -5 becoming -2 and mashing a EX DP from Ken's Wake up DP V Trigger. I even managed to do the same thing against other players. Then there is Nash's Knee Bazooka which is +1 on CH but rarely does Jab Combo.

It's not like it's hard to punish and combo either as I practice doing these in Training.

With Season 2's server being even more of a shit now it's starting to be come harder to punish -10 OB moves like Mika's EX Peach and Mashed Mixer.

Why would the servers being shit affect your ability to punish moves? The connection to your opponent will be peer-to-peer, with no intermediary, unless your connection is improperly setup and the only way you can connect to other players is by routing your connection through Capcom's servers. And if that is the case, then it's something you'll have to fix yourself.

I feel like he shouldn't let the bolded factors influence his decision :) Play who you wanna play regardless of what others think. If that's Ryu, sweet. If that's Guile, great.

I just remembered his story. When he goes to the toilet he thinks to himself "Damn I'm 35, huh.... If I use Guile, it feels like I'm just an adult salary man looking for money. I don't want to forget the kid side to myself (even though he loves Guile and used Guile as a kid)." However, he also did mention he has Guile as a sub character.

Fuck that shit. I want him to win with Guile. Jiyuna was trying to get him to stay as Guile too. We failed man. Shit is over in 2017. It's the Lakers all over again with a bum Kobr with a bum achilles.

AU4f4Pi.png

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;228145532 said:
Why would the servers being shit affect your ability to punish moves? The connection to your opponent will be peer-to-peer, with no intermediary, unless your connection is improperly setup and the only way you can connect to other players is by routing your connection through Capcom's servers. And if that is the case, then it's something you'll have to fix yourself.

man, the MM should not route the connection through the servers at all, except when the players specifically request a match with a specific player

it happens rarely but every time it is lag land

also, yeah, people forget that there are two separate online issues with SFV: the servers being terrible, slow to matchmake and losing points because they cannot get the match results, AND the peer to peer connection that handles input lag v badly compared to ggpo

I hope Ono tries to fix both of them

Ucchedavāda;228145532 said:

Why would it be all of the sudden be on my side the moment S2 dropped? The servers right now are still plagued with issues with lag being horrendous at the start. Did you forget about that? Now fighting certain characters online with rollback will bug the audio from moves to stage music.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why would it be all of the sudden be on my side the moment S2 dropped? The servers right now are still plagued with issues with lag being horrendous at the start. Did you forget about that? Now fighting certain characters online with rollback will bug the audio from moves to stage music.
But it's a peer-to-peer game...

And "suddenly on my side" - WHAT!?
You have been complaining since this game launched. Last time I asked you to record your matches because your complaints were so outrageous.

Grifter

Ryu's nerfed 5lk can now stick his whole foot in an opponent w/o triggering. I hate when hitboxes and graphics are in dissonance like that, was rampant in SF4. Wish they'd reduce the box less and work around it in frame data and other changes.

ElFly

Ryu's nerfed 5lk can now stick his whole foot in an opponent w/o triggering. I hate when hitboxes and graphics are in dissonance like that, was rampant in SF4. Wish they'd reduce the box less and work around it in frame data and other changes.

small stuff like that doesn't bother me much BUT things like crounching Birdie not having his whole shoulders and head as hittable is just dumb

particularly when he crouches and something like a tatsu whiffs through him even tho his neck is clearly eating the kicks

you knew he was going to have a small hitbox when he crouched! why design his crouching stance like that

BadWolf

Daigo is going with Ryu.

He did do well with Ryu in SFIV even despite the various nerfs. And eventually he was really the only Ryu worth mentioning at high level for the most part.

Not sure if that's how things will play out in SFV though.

As mnz writes, it's a peer to peer game. Unless there is something horrendously wrong with your setup, then you will be connecting directly to your opponent, not through the servers. Now it is possible that the S2 patch introduced changes that interact poorly with your router, for example, but that would not be fixed by Capcom making improvements to the servers.

I have no idea what you mean by "lag being horrendous at the start", so I am not sure what you think I've forgotten about. Laggy matches have always been a small minority of matches for me, which is plausibly explained by those just being poor p2p connection.

Sheroking

Daigo is going with Ryu.

lul.

What was Yun and Evil Ryu about in AE & USF4 bro?

So does everyone hate season 2 or what.

I wish everyone else was as fun as Guile in season 2. I've been taking a little bit of a break, but S2 Guile is my favorite version of the character so far, all the way back to World Warrior. It just sucks that so many others got shafted.

It's kind of ironic that, for a game so offense-focused, the OG turtle is arguably the best and most fun character in the game right now.

Been pondering this today. In IV, what characters did NOT have invincible reversals?

Some had only a throwable reversal. Rose for one (her backdash might as well be an invincible reversal tho lmao)

Also, Daigo choosing Evil Ryu from regular Ryu was just natural evolution tbh. Same character/game plan just extra firepower. #ynot

lul.

What was Yun and Evil Ryu about in AE & USF4 bro?
He chose Evil Ryu before he even knew Evil Ryu was the best character in the game. It was more like a coincidence. However, he also moved away from Ryu in AE2012 because he was fed up with trying to win with a weak character. So he though Evil Ryu was strong from the start, just not best character in the game strong. He realized he was the best character in the game after using him for a bit.

The chat brought up Yun. He kind of just laughed like he was proud of that like "Oh Yun? hahaha."

mbpm1

Been pondering this today. In IV, what characters did NOT have invincible reversals?

With meter, almost everyone did

Sim didn't but his teleport was invincible although I think you could OS it like you can now.
Hakan had nothing
Can't think of who else

Grifter

small stuff like that doesn't bother me much BUT things like crounching Birdie not having his whole shoulders and head as hittable is just dumb

particularly when he crouches and something like a tatsu whiffs through him even tho his neck is clearly eating the kicks

you knew he was going to have a small hitbox when he crouched! why design his crouching stance like that

yeah that's deceptive but a global item you can file away and not really think about after you've seen it. the hitbox makes it harder to measure your attack mid-match and if you're aware, you have to kinda overrule what you are seeing.

But it's a peer-to-peer game...

And "suddenly on my side" - WHAT!?
You have been complaining since this game launched. Last time I asked you to record your matches because your complaints were so outrageous.

Well that's too bad cause I'm actually getting decent games today.

But there are players like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhkL6AXd0dc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPnRPNr31c

And there are games where they are smooth but then all of the sudden the game starts to lag. In normal situations games shouldn't have that issue unless a player cause the lag to happen. But at the same time it can happen because the game's netcode is bad like how SF4 moved to Steamworks and was unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom