• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

yeah that's deceptive but a global item you can file away and not really think about after you've seen it. the hitbox makes it harder to measure your attack mid-match and if you're aware, you have to kinda overrule what you are seeing.

tru tru

That applies to us plebs that aren't professionals playing for cash munnay lol xD

Surprised he is sticking with Ryu.

True, but if he plays better with Guile, he should play Guile. He shouldn't care what people think.

I just hope he uses Ryu while he works on mastering his Guyelle.

ElFly

I feel so dumb feeling a tiny bit of hope for the Ultra Street Fighter 2 rumour, lol.

here's my take: it says final challengers, which, as history shows, should be 4 new peeps

so they are the new guys in SFV too, who are also accompanied by a Tekken guest completing the five slots in SFV S2

yeah I know it's prolly fake but my brain still had to produce this fanfiction

HiResDes

Watching Infiltration's latest interview I really don't think he knows what he's talking about in terms except for the Nash nerfs, which I agree were obsessive...But his estimation of Akuma's strengths and of the game in general seems off to me. I really don't have faith that he'll make it by the top just by hearing the characters he's considering playing. He should stick to Rashid IMO, rather than picking up Ibuki.

RM8

here's my take: it says final challengers, which, as history shows, should be 4 new peeps

so they are the new guys in SFV too, who are also accompanied by a Tekken guest completing the five slots in SFV S2

yeah I know it's prolly fake but my brain still had to produce this fanfiction
It'd be so nuts if they add characters to freaking SF2, lol. But yeah, there's no actual reason to believe the "leak" :( It's just that I'd love having Street Fighter on the go, and sadly SFV is not a possibility. I'd buy a Vita and double dip for a handheld version of SFV.

Watching Infiltration's latest interview I really don't think he knows what he's talking about in terms except for the Nash nerfs, which I agree were obsessive...But his estimation of Akuma's strengths and of the game in general seems off to me. I really don't have faith that he'll make it by the top just by hearing the characters he's considering playing. He should stick to Rashid IMO, rather than picking up Ibuki.

Des.. this is like some random teenager coming to you and saying you don't really know what you're talking about in regards to rap music or headphones

fam pls

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
what's ultra street fighter ii?
A game that's on a leaked list of Nintendo Switch games.
I don't know, sounds weird. But on the other hand it's probably a smart idea to have the only fighting game on a new platform and USF4 is probably the only one Capcom can port for it right now.
And there has to be a fighting game or HORI wouldn't make a stick for it, which they are doing.

Sayad

Almost everything Urien had in S1 he got to keep in S2 while gaining new stuff, you could actually just continue to play him like you used to in S1, it's not the most effective way, but it would still work. The biggest thing I had to adjust to while using S2 Urien is the universal charge moves buffer change. I was just playing S1 Urien while learning his new stuff piece by piece.

Playing Chun though is such a turn off right now, have to go back to the lap and build new muscle memory for most situations. Might do it eventually but the more I play Urien the more I wonder "why should I even bother?!".

New002

Almost everything Urien had in S1 he got to keep in S2 while gaining new stuff, you could actually just continue to play him like you used to in S1, it's not the most effective way, but it would still work. The biggest thing I had to adjust to while using S2 Urien is the universal charge moves buffer change. I was just playing S1 Urien while learning his new stuff piece by piece.

Playing Chun though is such a turn off right now, have to go back to the lap and build new muscle memory for most situations. Might do it eventually but the more I play Urien the more I wonder "why should I even bother?!".

Sounds like you shouldn't? Urien seems to be clicking with you better in S2. Nothing wrong with that :)

Producer

playing Chun in S2 is a struggle

HiResDes

Des.. this is like some random teenager coming to you and saying you don't really know what you're talking about in regards to rap music or headphones

fam pls

Breh pls tell me what big buffs Cammy received in Season 2...She's just ridiculously strong now because a lot of the characters that posed a slight problem for her got nerfed and because of the shoryuken nerf. Laura and Sim received bigger buffs.

ElFly

A game that's on a leaked list of Nintendo Switch games.
I don't know, sounds weird. But on the other hand it's probably a smart idea to have the only fighting game on a new platform and USF4 is probably the only one Capcom can port for it right now.
And there has to be a fighting game or HORI wouldn't make a stick for it, which they are doing.

for Tekken maybe? sounds more plausible than USF2, tho I really want the latter more

Breh pls tell me what big buffs Cammy received in Season 2...She's just ridiculously strong now because a lot of the characters that posed a slight problem for her got nerfed and because of the shoryuken nerf. Laura and Sim received bigger buffs.

I think it's because she was pretty much top 5 and didn't really receive any nerfs outside of her dive kick/DP while the other characters in the top 5 got nerfed a bit more. Necalli is severely underrated right now too IMO. Not sure why people forgot about him.

for Tekken maybe? sounds more plausible than USF2, tho I really want the latter more

I predict Arc will put Guilty Gear on switch as well to take advantage of the Hori stick.

The dream is TvC2 tho.

You think it can run Tekken 7? I mean, in some form, probably.
They will probably have to make consessions, but at the very least, Switch is confirmed to run UE4 games.

Some had only a throwable reversal. Rose for one (her backdash might as well be an invincible reversal tho lmao)

Also, Daigo choosing Evil Ryu from regular Ryu was just natural evolution tbh. Same character/game plan just extra firepower. #ynot

I disliked Rose so much in that game. That backdash man....

I think it's because she was pretty much top 5 and didn't really receive any nerfs outside of her dive kick/DP while the other characters in the top 5 got nerfed a bit more. Necalli is severely underrated right now too IMO. Not sure why people forgot about him.

I've been saying this. Everyone is so concentrated on Cammy and Urien right now. I was watching some replays of Haitani and Necalli is straight up disgusting. Granted Haitani is one of the best players of all time.

This compilation video of him is crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-UZogdh5Q&t=2s

I don't see how not changing her and nerfing others doesn't produce the same results as buffing her though?

You have to look at all characters and how they match-up. Cammy is pretty brain-dead strong atm...buttons buttons buttons baby...

Disagree with Necalli being there instead of Balrog. Balrog definitely deserves to be there, as of now.
I keep flipping Rog with Laura! lol...yeah, he's a good candidate for top 5 as well. That damage once he has trigger!

oh my...

I couldn't sworn this match was in the bag lol...

Marvel

could never
I'm so tempted to learn Rog but I don't wanna fuck up my Bison muscle memory. I've been dropping easy shit with him as it is due to tiredness.

I don't see how not changing her and nerfing others doesn't produce the same results as buffing her though?

You have to look at all characters and how they match-up. Cammy is pretty brain-dead strong atm...buttons buttons buttons baby...

Idk. I was extremely aggressive with Cammy using Dp on every jump and buffer a dp to punish Sonic Booms.

Yeah she has st.mp but what else improved ?

Think I may do just that, still 200 LP from Gold. I'll boot it up refreshed in a few days, been playing nothing but SFV for a long time now.

I take breaks from this game quite frequently and it seems to do me well. I am not a tourney player so I don't feel like I need to play all the time which frankly is a good thing. I'll get my FG fix by watching replays before I go to sleep at night and it gives me time to study/learn new things I may not have found out on my own to practice when I play again.

mooncakes

Mœbius;228134532 said:
Interesting video indeed; can't say I agree with everything but definitely with him on Akuma; have spent the past month using him and the design is just all wrong for me (or coming at it from a different angle, SFV and its mechanics are all wrong for Akuma).

Aesthetic design aside, the core design ethos and philosophy of Akuma has always been that he's fast and fun to play and good in all situations, sacrificing health in return for those options and damage output. This version of Akuma has the stun and damage output, and the low health, but he has completely lost his neutral game and ability to get things started. He feels sluggish and slow, unable to move in and out nimbly and handle different situations. His only situation now is being patient and fishing for counters, it's almost like he's a grappler in terms of his approach and patience, it's just completely unlike Akuma and in an offence-oriented game and with low health and high grey damage it makes no sense and feels too inconsistent. It's not really that he's low (or high) tier - it's not about him being good or bad, it's too early to tell - my issue is about his design not being fun to play and his options being too limited. As mentioned in the vid he feels more like Oni; I know some do like that more hard-hitting, deliberate style and the animations that come with that; but it's just not an enjoyable, flowing style and not true to the heritage and design of the character. I'm not against having a different interpretation of a character if they stay true to the core philosophy and style (Ken in SFV is a good example of doing this right).

Everything you pointed out about Akuma is spot on. The same can be said about Ibuki with her limited options and limited playstyle. I really dislike this fake version of Ibuki.

Bizazedo

Yea a lot more players are slowly picking her up. Xian/Infiltration/Fuudo.. maybe they see something hm
Not that I play her, but I jumped on her bandwagon a earlier this week. I think she'll be pretty good.

Only thing is, she feels like she gets crush countered a bit easier than some characters, but she has a ton of tools.

FluxWaveZ

I don't know where the hell to block sometimes against Ibuki. Like, after a mixup against any other character where I guessed wrong, I'll be like "Oh, they clearly hit me from this side and I should have been blocking this way instead." Against Ibuki, sometimes a mixup will happen, I get hit, and I don't even know what the hell happened afterwards.

I look at that clip and I can't even tell. Maybe he was supposed to keep blocking to the right because of the bomb detonation that hit before Ibuki crossed up? Or did Ibuki cross up and then the bomb detonated before she hit? No idea.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You always have to block Ibuki's position, but it's extremely ambiguous. I feel like I'm having a harder time blocking her stuff than I had in 4 where I would just watch her closely.

My guess is he already blocked the other side and Ibuki was still in front. Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom