• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob White

What's amazing about either of these?

EX peach is a good reversal punish for negative stuff that people like to throw out that they think is safe. Like a very well spaced balrog mp dash punch. -6 and hard to punish when well spaced but mika can get a punish for free into some good corner carry with ex peach. Same goes for well spaced over heads like Urien's.

And buttons? Her go to shit like slide and cr hp are noob traps, I think. The buttons that mess me up when fighting her are st mk and st hp. Those shits are hard as fuck to whiff punish.

I don't know lol. I don't really play mika, just remembering how nando got in my business with her.

FluxWaveZ

EX peach is a good reversal punish for negative stuff that people like to throw out that they think is safe. Like a very well spaced balrog mp dash punch. -6 and hard to punish when well spaced but mika can get a punish for free into some good corner carry with ex peach. Same goes for well spaced over heads like Urien's.

And buttons? Her go to shit like slide and cr hp are noob traps, I think. The buttons that mess me up when fighting her are st mk and st hp. Those shits are hard as fuck to whiff punish.

I don't know lol. I don't really play mika, just remembering how nando got in my business with her.

I could see that a bit for that kind of long-range negative poke, but the recovery on EX Peach means that it has to be telegraphed if a Mika wants to punish with that. A bunch of characters have ways to deal with those situations that also gives corner carry. I wouldn't call it amazing by any means, but it's decent for that purpose.

cr.HK is an bad button. Very situational, but decent if a Mika knows when to use them. cr.HP is now also a bad button. A Mika who uses it will be negative in the opponent's face. If you watch top level Mikas now, they're not throwing it out unless they have a V-Trigger cancel on deck.

st.MK is good. Doesn't convert into anything, and is fairly slow, but it has decent range. cr.MK is better than that. st.HP is also good, especially with the damage buff, but it's not a particularly notable button.

She's got tools that I could describe as "amazing" (notably, corner stuff), but neither her buttons or her EX Peach would be one of them. Lady Mika's her best button, and the only one that could be described as "amazing." Even then, it even falls short compared to ones like Rashid's cr.HP, Urien's st.HP or Balrog's st.HK.

RK9039

Almost Ultra Gold again with Nash, I dropped all the way down to Ultra Silver since he got nerfed. Feels good, I must be doing something right. Laura still gives me a lot of trouble, Nash doesn't seem to have anything good against her and it's hard to read a good Laura player.

Also been using tragedy assault on Zanjeef a lot, he's so free to that move after Sonic Boom depending on what he tries to do other than blocking.

Lol.. mika players just died overnight.

I still come across some Mikas, they just don't get it do they? I'm personally surprised that Chun Li died, at least in my experience since Season 2 started, I've only come across a couple.

Zackat

Indeed most of them suck but it's making me lose interest in the game.

I've barely fought any Laura's. My experience has literally been Akuma, Akuma, Balrog, Akuma, Urien, Akuma and then maybe someone else.

people like Akuma because he is edgy. Balrog just looks fun to play, I need to try him out some more.

I run into way more M. Bison and Urien now than I ever did before S2. Gief as well.

Edzi

Indeed most of them suck but it's making me lose interest in the game.

I've barely fought any Laura's. My experience has literally been Akuma, Akuma, Balrog, Akuma, Urien, Akuma and then maybe someone else.

Off the top of my head, I've been seeing mostly Cammy, Akuma, Balrog, Laura, and Urien.

If you're getting bored, you should play my Alex. Chances are you won't find too many of us online.

This netcode sheeeesh.. right in their face, no room for the grab to miss, (basically clipping through each other) yet it misses and i get grabbed in the same half second....fix your shit Crapcom....

SephLuis

I'm also back playing after a month in an aunt's place with no reliable internet to play =(

Chun Li feels similar, but I am still using mostly tricks from S1 to get some victories. Just played some casuals today and I was quite satisfied with the result. I probably lost 60%, but the matches were mostly good.

Now Ijust need to learn how to punish and finish combos again.

Tomorrow I will be practicing Juri. One day Chun, one day Juri. Until both their game plans drill their way into my head.

Y'all ready for ULTRA STREET FIGHTER 2 for SWITCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What a weird thing to put on a fake rumor list.

If that's somehow true then
giphy.gif

The Blender is SFV

Shadoken

Maybe popular characters like Sakura,Cody,Guy,Dudley,Poison..etc are being saved for Ultra Street Fighter 2. Final Fight character sprites will be ported over from FF1.

Everybody goes back to playing SF2 , Smash community also plays it coz its a Nintendo exclusive. FGC blows up and SF2 has saved fighting games once again.

stn

When is this Nintendo Switch event allegedly featuring Ultra SF 2? I will go pre-order a Switch ASAP if they make SF2 with updated visuals and new characters. Dream game for me right there.

All those of little faith should just get over with it and pick Urien. The grass really is more full of mixups and good tools on the other side. :p

I play Alex, Urien, and Guile since they launched so I lucked out this season. 2/3 ain't bad at all.

I can still maintain my street cred since Alex is technically my first pick and bottom tier and switch to Urien and Guile when no one is watching to get free wins.

LEL

Although I don't know what capcom was thinking with Alex. I mean he isn't horrible unplayable trash but him being this way for the next 12 months is going to be pretty rough.

Edzi

I play Alex, Urien, and Guile since they launched so I lucked out this season. 2/3 ain't bad at all.

I can still maintain my street cred since Alex is technically my first pick and bottom tier and switch to Urien and Guile when no one is watching to get free wins.

LEL

Although I don't know what capcom was thinking with Alex. I mean he isn't horrible unplayable trash but him being this way for the next 12 months is going to be pretty rough.

I'll probably never not main Alex, but I've been considering picking up Cammy as a secondary since she seems like the easiest/most solid of the top tier characters. I like Urien, but I can't be bothered to learn all his Aegis shenanigans.

ElFly

1 2 Switch shown

Ultra SF2 may be real...unless the leak had heard this 1 2 switch somewhere else and made up the rest

edit: also the arms game

edit: splatoon 2 tho that was easy. and mario odissey

ElFly

it ended without showing usf2 so maybe not?

then again it was supposed to be playable on stage...and they just showed disgaea

edit: it's real

ElFly

The SFII Switch game was just a version of Super Turbo HD Remix.

I think I saw a 2v1 battle so at least there is some new things

e:
C2BrM-0VQAAF-0U.jpg

looks like hd remix graphics, yeah

maybe there's still the option for classic graphics? dunno cause the leak said "final challengers" so they ain't gonna do two sets of sprites for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom