• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayad

Can other characters that have vtriggers that function the same way as Uriens, such as Ibuki, still have it come out if they are hit in the first frame?

Don't have much ibuki experience in this game.
Don't know about Ibuki but Mika can, Nadeshiko isn't as effective as a reflector though.

Where was that?

On Douyu. It was originally a 5v5, but someone dropped out (Yukadon?) so it was changed to a 4v4. Mago ended up bodying Xiaohai, Abao, Beibei, and UD pretty free. Sako, Haitani, and Fuudo basically got a free vacation.

The Chinese stream monsters kept typing in 97 so I assume they were pulling a gootecks classic "See me in 97!"

Now Korea is hosting their qualifier/try out to get into the Korea vs Japan 15v15 friendly match.
https://www.twitch.tv/team_spiritzero

There are a lot of events happening in Asia, but like I've said in the past, American fgc sites either don't have the resources or they're just not trying to pay attention to the Asian scene. As long as they follow furious, kakuge checker, and Shirauzataisa on twitter they would be up to date on a lot of what's happening in Asia. Those guys are putting in work. However, maybe they're just not trying to cover that region.

Edzi

Laura seems really braindead -_-. She can just press any button from anywhere on the screen.

Salt.

But really tho

EDIT: JESUS, Gief is stupid good now. Is Alex seriously the only grappler who's trash now? WTF Capcom. -_-

I really have been in a state of apathy for the game ever since this season started. I was feeling something similar before the start of season 2 but that was because it felt kinda pointless to play something that's going to fundamentally change in a little while.

But as season 2 came along, it's kinda killed my passion for this game. The problems didn't REALLY get sorted out, the framework of the game is still incredibly underwhelming and the game feels like it's more binary than ever.

It just feels like Capcom seriously didn't think all of the changes through or didn't implement all of them because this feels like half a season worth of changes tbh. The new characters might be a breath of fresh air but honestly I feel like the problems of the season are just too great for me to ignore, especially the problems that have been there since season 1.

And before people saying it's my character, I feel FANG is even more viable now than he was before but despite this I'm just not enjoying the game or playing with him half the time.

I remember Snafoo talking about this. Another was speculating that it could be due to Dhalsim's apparently above average throw range. Something to go into Training mode with.

It was just before the Clothesline where the hitbox is about to change. If it was closer, Dhalsim would have gotten hit.

MrCarter

For me, it's good to take breaks from the game sometimes and come back to it later. It helps to keep things fresh and interesting. There are an abundance of fighting games out there, probably more than ever, and it's very interesting how they all do different things to appeal to a certain audience. For me, SFV S2 gameplay is so far so good, however, it's all the things surrounding it that puts me off a little - hence why I take breaks from it.

Laura seems really braindead -_-. She can just press any button from anywhere on the screen.

Salt.

But really tho

EDIT: JESUS, Gief is stupid good now. Is Alex seriously the only grappler who's trash now? WTF Capcom. -_-

I was feeling the Alex nerfs yesterday ;_;
Playing him dropped me back in to ultra silver, switched to Gief and won enough to leave me at 4600.

Just had my controller disconnect and reconnect in the middle of a match. Was getting my ass kicked, and then I just hear the device-removed / device-connected sounds and the game froze for a couple of seconds. Hopefully it is just Windows acting up, and not my stick (a TE2+).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cepheus

I seem to be perpetually stuck around the 1500 level in Ranked. I swear more than half the time I lose more points from losing than I gain points for winning.

Also, how well is Capcom punishing RQers? I heard they tried to do something some time ago but I didn't really look into it.

HardRojo

I really have been in a state of apathy for the game ever since this season started. I was feeling something similar before the start of season 2 but that was because it felt kinda pointless to play something that's going to fundamentally change in a little while.

But as season 2 came along, it's kinda killed my passion for this game. The problems didn't REALLY get sorted out, the framework of the game is still incredibly underwhelming and the game feels like it's more binary than ever.

It just feels like Capcom seriously didn't think all of the changes through or didn't implement all of them because this feels like half a season worth of changes tbh. The new characters might be a breath of fresh air but honestly I feel like the problems of the season are just too great for me to ignore, especially the problems that have been there since season 1.

And before people saying it's my character, I feel FANG is even more viable now than he was before but despite this I'm just not enjoying the game or playing with him half the time.

I'm kind of in the same boat, I mean, I enjoy the game in small bursts, but I can't see myself playing for too long. In fact I played yesterday after about a week of not touching the game at all. I think it feels weird because this wasn't really a substantial update bringing selectable CAs and more options for V-Reversals. I still believe all characters should have a "get out" and a "push back" V-Reversal, not just one of them. We'll see how the game evolves but for one reason or another I don't feel like playing it for extended hours as I did SF4.

Ucchedavāda;228350667 said:
Just had my controller disconnect and reconnect in the middle of a match. Was getting my ass kicked, and then I just hear the device-removed / device-connected sounds and the game froze for a couple of seconds. Hopefully it is just Windows acting up, and not my stick (a TE2+).

Has anyone else experienced this?
On PS4 I've had the game randomly disconnect my legacy stick for no apparent reason, my DS4 was still on and the stick plugged in, luckily it hasn't happened during a match. Yet.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
God Lord did I shit it up last night in random Battle Lounges. Just losing terribly left and right. I knew I should have stopped at some point because frustration had set in and any semblance of patience and gameplan had been tossed out the window. Surprised I didn't toss my stick along with it. Sigh.

Oh well, today's another glorious day of Street Fighter!

I'm kind of in the same boat, I mean, I enjoy the game in small bursts, but I can't see myself playing for too long. In fact I played yesterday after about a week of not touching the game at all. I think it feels weird because this wasn't really a substantial update bringing selectable CAs and more options for V-Reversals. I still believe all characters should have a "get out" and a "push back" V-Reversal, not just one of them. We'll see how the game evolves but for one reason or another I don't feel like playing it for extended hours as I did SF4.

On PS4 I've had the game randomly disconnect my legacy stick for no apparent reason, my DS4 was still on and the stick plugged in, luckily it hasn't happened during a match. Yet.

What about the game makes you feel that way compared to SF4? Did you like Vanilla SF4 that much or are you referring to Ae/Ultra?

sixghost

Can other characters that have vtriggers that function the same way as Uriens, such as Ibuki, still have it come out if they are hit in the first frame?

Don't have much ibuki experience in this game.

I know I've been hit out of Ibuki's 2nd bomb animation and the bomb didn't get thrown. I don't know about the actual activation though.

Mr. X

I know I've been hit out of Ibuki's 2nd bomb animation and the bomb didn't get thrown. I don't know about the actual activation though.
Initial VT activation has invincibility for majority of cast. Characters that VT a 2nd time like Urien or Ibuki, there's no invincible frames and no freeze so there's way less advantage cancelling normals into VT and can get stuffed on start up.

VariantX

Got knocked from silver back to ultra bronze level again. Got to get rid of those S1 habits. No more reversal DP's without EX'ing them. Its a hard habit to break because I tend to get alot of chip kills with super.

HardRojo

What about the game makes you feel that way compared to SF4? Did you like Vanilla SF4 that much or are you referring to Ae/Ultra?

I can't quite put my finger on the exact reason, maybe I had more free time back then, maybe my local community was much more involved back then because we had Marvel, SF4 and KoF together in different events. Now we hardly have many events that involve FGs together. That could actually be the reason, I felt motivated to keep playing the game because I'd see my friends often and play, or we'd have events we all attended, heck we even gathered some nights to drink and play a bit, not we hardly do that. Of course it could be just me, I'll try and see if I can get more involved with the community again this year.

I can't quite put my finger on the exact reason, maybe I had more free time back then, maybe my local community was much more involved back then because we had Marvel, SF4 and KoF together in different events. Now we hardly have many events that involve FGs together. That could actually be the reason, I felt motivated to keep playing the game because I'd see my friends often and play, or we'd have events we all attended, heck we even gathered some nights to drink and play a bit, not we hardly do that. Of course it could be just me, I'll try and see if I can get more involved with the community again this year.

I'm sure once the new marvel comes out things will calm down a little bit as people will have 2 capcom games to focus on. I'm hoping that this year/balance patch they really take the recent player complaints into consideration. I'm sure the western world will be content with a new marvel although I don't think Japan is going to have much of a scene.

I feel like a lot of are feeling forced to play SF5 since capcom has no other fighters.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
No rage quits so far on my road to 10 ranked wins. Surprised.

Though whenever I'm close to breaking into ultra silver I get matched with a Dhalsim or the first ever good Juri I've fought. I need to stop wasting my time "practicing" in casuals, I think is the lesson.

See, that goes against what SFV is. SF4 was built around get-outta-jail-free cards and it works for that game. SFV you just can't put yourself in situations that are unfavorable. The reliance is more on being aware of what your opponent is going to do rather than what options you'll have. There are some blemishes, and I feel some characters got hit with the nerf bat too hard to combat this style of gameplay, but it works well enough without having broken dominance.

I'm sure once the new marvel comes out things will calm down a little bit as people will have 2 capcom games to focus on. I'm hoping that this year/balance patch they really take the recent player complaints into consideration. I'm sure the western world will be content with a new marvel although I don't think Japan is going to have much of a scene.

I feel like a lot of are feeling forced to play SF5 since capcom has no other fighters.

I don't know why anyone would feel this way when we currently have MKX, KI, GG, BB, KOF(!!) and Tekken on the way. Plus, UMVC is still going strong.

I think honestly, just like 4 and 3 are, SFV isn't for everybody. But that really happens every release tbh.

Situations like this are why I have like five sticks.

I have a problem...

Smart man.

There are some people around these parts that have a lot of sticks. I have 2, and will have 3 when fighting edge finally comes out.
Has there been any news in the new FE? I want to pick one up, but I've heard nothing since they showed off the prototype. Obsidian also drops at the end of the month and I've already got that Pre-ordered...

Zackat

Has there been any news in the new FE? I want to pick one up, but I've heard nothing since they showed off the prototype. Obsidian also drops at the end of the month and I've already got that Pre-ordered...
Pretty sure there was another teaser about a monthish ago. It's in the stick thread.

I have had the same limited edition MvC3 TE2 stick since 2011 and it continues to serve me well to this day.

It doesn't work with most PCs and the turbo button occasionally sticks, but yeah.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Because of this 5,000 LP challenge I've been playing ranked again and I've encountered so many lag-switchers, it's stupid. Literally sudden unplayable lag in the last round, all while my opponent does his combos like usual.

I've never had this happen in casual, there it's either good or bad connection-wise.

What a shitshow.

Because of this 5,000 LP challenge I've been playing ranked again and I've encountered so many lag-switchers, it's stupid. Literally sudden unplayable lag in the last round, all while my opponent does his combos like usual.

I've never had this happen in casual, there it's either good or bad connection-wise.

What a shitshow.

Thats my impression as well. The matches in ranked have way more lag than casual.

What a shitshow.

I have to admit I encountered a similar situaltion. Never really see it normally as i basically just play casual too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom