• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of this 5,000 LP challenge I've been playing ranked again and I've encountered so many lag-switchers, it's stupid. Literally sudden unplayable lag in the last round, all while my opponent does his combos like usual.

I've never had this happen in casual, there it's either good or bad connection-wise.

What a shitshow.

I played rank got 2 laggy players quit rank....until Capcom remove rollback shit this netcode will always be exploited...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Another weird thing is how I'm around 8k LP and I've not gotten a single opponent with less than 10k. I've even played #28 worldwide with 27k LP. Like...how does that make sense?

Was pretty fun, though and I only lost 10 LP in two matches lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, now the game gave me Infexious, he's top 100 and was on a 40 piece win-streak. I will never get these 10 ranked wins, the game is making fun of me.

If you are losing to jumps, look at your AA options, practice that shit in training mode, and enjoy your free damage.
Please, everyone jumps in this game. It's too good.

See, that goes against what SFV is. SF4 was built around get-outta-jail-free cards and it works for that game. SFV you just can't put yourself in situations that are unfavorable. The reliance is more on being aware of what your opponent is going to do rather than what options you'll have. There are some blemishes, and I feel some characters got hit with the nerf bat too hard to combat this style of gameplay, but it works well enough without having broken dominance.

I don't know why anyone would feel this way when we currently have MKX, KI, GG, BB, KOF(!!) and Tekken on the way. Plus, UMVC is still going strong.

I think honestly, just like 4 and 3 are, SFV isn't for everybody. But that really happens every release tbh.

Smart man.

There's always people that will only stick to capcom fighters because of the community/online size and it's where the money's at.

22 at last count.

I'm down to around 10 at my house right now. My wife is happier. If companies keep releasing all these new sticks I fear I'm going to be nearing 15 by the end of the year.

Edzi

If you are losing to jumps, look at your AA options, practice that shit in training mode, and enjoy your free damage.

lol, do you have to chime in and downplay every single criticism or complaint someone posts? It's starting to get kinda ridiculous.

The problem is that, for most characters, the damage that you can get for a successful anti-air is much, much less than what your opponent can get from one successful jump-in. So the risk/reward ratio is skewed in favor of the player who tries to jump-in multiple times.

I still dont really understand how i an knee someone in the air, land first, jab 3 times yet he lands in my jabs and throws me. And it happens multiple times. I mean it must make sense but in my head its just pure wtf.

Haha, now the game gave me Infexious, he's top 100 and was on a 40 piece win-streak. I will never get these 10 ranked wins, the game is making fun of me.

Please, everyone jumps in this game. It's too good.

I'm not saying it's bad to jump and that people DON'T jump. I'm saying if you are losing to constant jump-ins and your character has AA options, you should be using them to deter jumpers and land free damage.

That being said, it's probably harder to punish for most characters since you have to hit them jusssst right and some combos off of an AA require them to be at a certain distance without getting bopped.

There's always people that will only stick to capcom fighters because of the community/online size and it's where the money's at.

That's some of them, but most people aren't going to dick around a game they genuinely do not like playing. Everyone has different thresholds - Mike Ross hated SF4 but not enough to quit that shit.

And only a handful of people playing are gonna make money off of this game, or any fighter. It's why most have full time jobs cause ain't everyone winning CPT.

Infilitration said he plays because he's a fanboy, but I wish more people would play other games as well as SF. Spread that love.

lol, do you have to chime in and downplay every single criticism or complaint someone posts? It's starting to get kinda ridiculous.

Yeesh, I'm just trying to help. I'll keep my suggestions to myself in regards to you then.

Ucchedavāda;228366395 said:
The problem is that, for most characters, the damage that you can get for a successful anti-air is much, much less than what your opponent can get from one successful jump-in. So the risk/reward ratio is skewed in favor of the player who tries to jump-in multiple times.

That's a good point. Maybe Capcom should buff the damage off the average AA combo. For me, playing Rog, I can get some easy shit off a few bars and v-trigger, but I guess on their side they'd get a full jump in combo and not have to worry about getting it just right.

mbpm1

I'm not saying it's bad to jump and that people DON'T jump. I'm saying if you are losing to constant jump-ins and your character has AA options, you should be using them to deter jumpers and land free damage.

That being said, it's probably harder to punish for most characters since you have to hit them jusssst right and some combos off of an AA require them to be at a certain distance without getting bopped.
Believe me, jumpins still are hella strong at higher levels. Can't deter jumpins when your as does like 1/4 the damage and only works at very specific ranges and they can oppress on the ground too to get in good ranges.

Believe me, jumpins still are hella strong at higher levels. Can't deter jumpins when your as does like 1/4 the damage and only works at very specific ranges and they can oppress on the ground too to get in good ranges.

I think a good trade off would be maybe upping the ranges on AAs so that they are more reliable and buffing the damage off a combo.

Or

#bringbackaajabs

That's some of them, but most people aren't going to dick around a game they genuinely do not like playing. Everyone has different thresholds - Mike Ross hated SF4 but not enough to quit that shit.

And only a handful of people playing are gonna make money off of this game, or any fighter. It's why most have full time jobs cause ain't everyone winning CPT.

Infilitration said he plays because he's a fanboy, but I wish more people would play other games as well as SF. Spread that love.

That's a good point. Maybe Capcom should buff the damage off the average AA combo. For me, playing Rog, I can get some easy shit off a few bars and v-trigger, but I guess on their side they'd get a full jump in combo and not have to worry about getting it just right.

SF has been the poster boy for fighter for the last 20+ years. It's going to be nigh impossible for another series to ever take its place. SF popularity will always make it the go to game for most.

The community will always be big as not many top players leave it. Daigo and Co are in their 30s and are still top level and we got young blood like Du that are taking the mantle. I can see them competing into their 40s.

This game needs more juggles and damage I feel. It may not sit well with everyone or be the answer but it is something that they should look into.

That's generally true about cheating in general. But seriously... Play ranked right now. It's notably bad.

It might also be explained by the FM reward encouraging more people who normally avoid ranked to play it until they get 10 wins.

I played about 50 ranked matches earlier today, and the worst I got was my own stick disconnecting. Out of curiosity, what league are you in?

Edzi

Playing against a good Balrog, Laura, Cammy, or Guile is just insanely unfun. Feels like getting utterly shut down.

SF has been the poster boy for fighter for the last 20+ years. It's going to be nigh impossible for another series to ever take its place. SF popularity will always make it the go to game for most.

The community will always be big as not many top players leave it. Daigo and Co are in their 30s and are still top level and we got young blood like Du that are taking the mantle. I can see them competing into their 40s.

This game needs more juggles and damage I feel. It may not sit well with everyone or be the answer but it is something that they should look into.

Yeah nothing will ever overtake SF. That shit is forever in the FGC, but most people will find an excuse not to play other fighters. Some of it is valid, but much of it ain't. I say people should play as much as possible - most of us aren't gonna make money, and even if it's casual mashing a fighting game can still be enjoyable. Play what you like and all that.

Supposedly a hacker whose points don't go down when he loses. He played daigo recently

Probably not actually north korean

Huh watching a replay it looks like he has hacked it so that he gets his oppenents wins. I added a match to replay where he perfected a urien twice. When you watch the match its the urien who perfected him while he just sat there inactive.

Kashiwaba

Who ever is this AccessDenied guy (he is a gold guile) all i can say that was the most fun set i ever had on SFV for a very long time even though i lost 2-1.

Skilletor

I'm down to around 10 at my house right now. My wife is happier. If companies keep releasing all these new sticks I fear I'm going to be nearing 15 by the end of the year.

Definitely getting a couple FightingEdges when they come out. Would love a dragon if they ever sell them on amazon.

I like him too much to stop.

Plus, I'm actually not doing too badly. 200 LP away from Platinum at the moment.

My rival is too far ahead of me!

Scotia

Banned
Is it me or are we a bit overdue on hearing about the next character? Starting to feel like we're not getting one 'till February.

Edzi

I'm back on guile for ranked. Akuma almost got me back down to gold.

Once I reach platinum, I'll be done with ranked.

You won't have to worry about beating my Alex with Guile, regardless of league level. :(

Is it me or are we a bit overdue on hearing about the next character? Starting to feel like we're not getting one 'till February.

I think February is the 3rd strike anniversary, so since the first character is probably Helen/Kolin from 3rd strike, they'll probably announce her for February along with the 3rd strike nostalgia costumes.

Scotia

Banned
I think February is the 3rd strike anniversary, so since the first character is probably Helen/Kolin from 3rd strike, they'll probably announce her for February along with the 3rd strike nostalgia costumes.

That makes sense. I'm dying to get those Nostalgia Costumes. Alex just isn't won't be the same until he has his classic look back.

For those who switched to a pad from a stick, or back again, how long did it take you to get back in the swing of things?

I'm going pad for a few months while I decide on a new stick (and pull money from my CPT traveling).

Pompadour

For those who switched to a pad from a stick, or back again, how long did it take you to get back in the swing of things?

I'm going pad for a few months while I decide on a new stick (and pull money from my CPT traveling).

Going pad to stick took me like a month to adjust. I can't imagine going back, though, even temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom