• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The muscle on E Honda (particularly around his stomach area) is exactly the problem. You can browse through google picture results for Sumo wrestlers for hours and not find anything like him. Once the male human body passes the power lifter stage the fat completely takes over aesthetically speaking. That's not to say that sumo wrestlers aren't strong or muscular underneath the fat. I wouldn't want to take one on in a test of power. Leave that to Orangutans instead.

5968939832.png

I'm fucking ready

http://speedof.me/ is great because it does multiple tests instead to give you a more accurate reading. Be prepared to be disappointed when the numbers are lower than what the ISP advertised, though. Back when I was in the skullgirls lobby it was Mike Z's choice of online speed tests.

http://speedof.me/ is great because it does multiple tests instead to give you a more accurate reading. Be prepared to be disappointed when the numbers are lower than what the ISP advertised, though. Back when I was in the skullgirls lobby it was Mike Z's choice of online speed tests.

speedtest is more accurate for me if I compare the result to the actual speeds I'm getting while downloading stuff on steam/origin/uplay/browser; it's pretty much 1:1 while speedofme generally resulted in ~60% of what I actually get.

VariantX

speedtest is more accurate for me if I compare the result to the actual speeds I'm getting while downloading stuff on steam/origin/uplay/browser; it's pretty much 1:1 while speedofme generally resulted in ~60% of what I actually get.

I tried both and i'm basically getting the same results, 35-40 down, 5-6 up. PSN downloads still feel like molasses.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I never thought I'd get this far, but I finally managed to make Platinum. Gonna take a break from Ranked for a bit now, but man, I can't believe it.

Congrats, Edzi. Been a long road for you. I still remember your Alex whipping on me when he first dropped and everyone was trying to learn him.

Bob White

I never thought I'd get this far, but I finally managed to make Platinum. Gonna take a break from Ranked for a bit now, but man, I can't believe it.

Do not do this. I did this when I hit platinum and fell off. There's this edge ranked gives you. I know, I know, derp derp ass POINTZ but, fighting for something keeps you alert.

LakeEarth

That rush and sudden guilt of fraud in a win off of an ultra diamond player. He gets 5 points, I get 225 points. He probably has to work so hard to get those back.

That rush and sudden guilt of fraud in a win off of an ultra diamond player. He gets 5 points, I get 225 points. He probably has to work so hard to get those back.

Enjoy it while it lasts. I got up to 11400 beating a few Super and Ultra Diamonds and within days dropped my ass back down to Platinum with 9900.

Also does anyone in here have a decent Akuma? I need practice against that matchup.

Hyun Sai

So I did some matches yesterday night with Vega (claw) and I have to ask. Why did they nerf his V-Skill ? Was there any problem with it before ?

I'm still searching for any reasonable explanation, but...

And Alex is the only character where FANG can do a st.hk xx st.lp xx st.lp(meaty) xx st.hp xx whatever.

For everyone else, FANG has to walk just a tad bit forward after the st.hk which is pretty tough to do consistently.

And Alex doesn't have a 3-frame button so FANG's st.lp is still a frametrap if st.hk gets blocked.

So even against a fellow bottom tier, Alex is at a disadvantage.

Edzi

GGs Flux, that was close.

Alright cool

K, ready. Shoot me another invite.

And Alex is the only character where FANG can do a st.hk xx st.lp xx st.lp(meaty) xx st.hp xx whatever.

For everyone else, FANG has to walk just a tad bit forward after the st.hk which is pretty tough to do consistently.

And Alex doesn't have a 3-frame button so FANG's st.lp is still a frametrap if st.hk gets blocked.

lol

;_;

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've been running into a Ken in casuals named Apache81 over the last several months and he just does the same simple sequence of attacks over and over again every time I fight him. He has 3500lp so I don't know if it's working for him or he just does that against me for some reason.

Anyone else run into weirdos repeatedly throughout their SFV playtime?

mbpm1

I've been running into a Ken in casuals named Apache81 over the last several months and he just does the same simple sequence of attacks over and over again every time I fight him. He has 3500lp so I don't know if it's working for him or he just does that against me for Djma reason.

I ran into a FANG twice in a row now who never teched throws and would only sit fullscreen doing nothing until I approached him in which case he would sometimes throw st. lk and nothing else out there. He would never attempt to get out of blockstrings so I would do fwd hp with Akuma until his entire lifebar was grey and then throw him and win

I've been running into a Ken in casuals named Apache81 over the last several months and he just does the same simple sequence of attacks over and over again every time I fight him. He has 3500lp so I don't know if it's working for him or he just does that against me for Djma reason.

Have you tried looking at his replays? It also stores your casual matches.

Jesus Christ lmao

Just replace him with Hugo. I can't think this anymore.

GGs, close sets but I had no answers to EX tackle and headbutt. Can't count how many times your offense got started because you caught me off guard with one of those.

GGs! Went down to the last game both times. And yea those were he only ways I really could get in. You stuffed all my jump ins and any frametraps I attempted. Good practice for an Alex matchup im generally mediocre at.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't want to alarm anyone but Vtrigger fullscreen heavy tatsu is the best move in the game.*

The hitbox feels like it's the entire height of the screen.

*against silver league opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom