• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I see they also nerfed Vega Overhead. -6 on block now. Is it an universal overhead nerf or something directed at Claw ?

I don't think it was universal, chun, ibuki and laura's overheads def aren't -6 on block. laura's feels worse and the other 2 are safe on block.

I've been running into a Ken in casuals named Apache81 over the last several months and he just does the same simple sequence of attacks over and over again every time I fight him. He has 3500lp so I don't know if it's working for him or he just does that against me for some reason.

Anyone else run into weirdos repeatedly throughout their SFV playtime?

I run into a familiar Vega every other night/week who is always wall jumping after he runs out of ideas on the ground. Over and over again, and if it's working he just won't stop until he scrapes a victory. He got a lot of shitty wins when I played Karin, however not so successful now I play Birdie.

Oh, I also run into a Ken with a Brazilian flag, which is an unlikely match up with Scotland, but Capcom netcode. Anyway he is just definitive flowchart, I've been tempted to post a reply here just for confirmation.

Hey gang I'm thinking about diving back in, haven't played in many months. I used to play Mika but she got kinda murdered I gather, and I kind of want to learn a new character. Who's decent and has a relatively low execution barrier? I hear Laura is good and annoying, which appeals to me as a former Mika main. Any main things I should know going from S1 to S2? I'm pretty scrubby, low Silver tier when I quit.

Edzi

Hey gang I'm thinking about diving back in, haven't played in many months. I used to play Mika but she got kinda murdered I gather, and I kind of want to learn a new character. Who's decent and has a relatively low execution barrier? I hear Laura is good and annoying, which appeals to me as a former Mika main. Any main things I should know going from S1 to S2? I'm pretty scrubby, low Silver tier when I quit.

Mika is still fine, you just can't derp your way to wins with random claps anymore. Biggest overall change is that DPs are no longer invincible unless they're EX.

RK9039

Just learn Guile or Urien or Cammy or even Balrog. Forget about the rest.

I wish Ibuki's overhead is -6

S2 should have damage output rebalanced. The amount of damage on low health characters are ridiculous.

I dealt 80% damage as Guile by doing a combo, meaty crush counter and then stun without using meter on Cammy.

And they should fix Guile's Cr.hp getting normal CH instead of a CC. The window getting it is small when going for meaty set ups.

Gave Alex another play after nearly a month, damn he felt good won 3 straight sets, first to 3 against my friend, 9 matches in a row, but it's fools gold, i know my friends play style easy to beat him when i know what he wants to do...second i take Alex out into the wild gonna get wreck lol...

sixghost

I've been running into a Ken in casuals named Apache81 over the last several months and he just does the same simple sequence of attacks over and over again every time I fight him. He has 3500lp so I don't know if it's working for him or he just does that against me for some reason.

Anyone else run into weirdos repeatedly throughout their SFV playtime?

I played this guy like 6 times today alone. He must have done Neutral Jump HK then DP about 100 times regardless of whether or not I was even close to him. It was a really odd match.

Hah, just got wrecked by a Urien that basically just did stMP over and over.
Gotta take that into the lab and work on my timings, cause that's should have been a bunch of target combos on my part to counter.

And Alex is the only character where FANG can do a st.hk xx st.lp xx st.lp(meaty) xx st.hp xx whatever.

For everyone else, FANG has to walk just a tad bit forward after the st.hk which is pretty tough to do consistently.

And Alex doesn't have a 3-frame button so FANG's st.lp is still a frametrap if st.hk gets blocked.

So even against a fellow bottom tier, Alex is at a disadvantage.

Why..... they need to seriously rework Alex. Character specific combos should be a no go in this game given their philosophy. I try not to complain about this game much since there is more than enough of it but damn.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I played this guy like 6 times today alone. He must have done Neutral Jump HK then DP about 100 times regardless of whether or not I was even close to him. It was a really odd match.

YES! That's what stood out to me as well. Could he somehow be a bot?

Who do you play? I play Ken, too, so the first time we fought, I thought maybe he was playing weird to be disrespectful or something but it seems like that's not the case.

Oh god, I've played this guy before too. 90% sure it's a bot, cuz otherwise I can't rationalize why someone would do the same preset strings of commands over and over regardless of context.

In other news, boy am I free vs. smart Dhalsim players. I swear, the fireball into delayed teleport jHP mixup gets me every single time, even when I see it coming and try to jab him out of it.

SephLuis

About Juri's lights, does anyone knows which ones are 3f ?

And about Chun, is there any video or quick combo guide about maximizing her ground damage ? Most combos I have been training are jump-in dependent, so I need to get my ground game in a better form.

joe2187

Banned
What the fuck....

I beat a super gold player right now, 2-0.

only 100 Exp gain, and only got 1 LP while he lost 0.

on the results screen it even demoted me back down to rookie before I came back and now Im at Ultra Bronze again?

The fuck...

What the fuck....

on the results screen it even demoted me back down to rookie before I came back and now Im at Ultra Bronze again?

The fuck...
all that maintenance/ downtime showing its worth

Same shit happened to me a few hours ago. I won a fight, got knocked down to rookie and took all my fight money. It gave it back after the next fight, thank fuck. Shit had me worried for a minute.

HardRojo

What the fuck....

The fuck...

That's a glitch, its happened to me before a couple of times and in fact the points I wont were never counted.
C0z3-YvWIAA0iEN.jpg:large

What the fuck....

The fuck...
I won 255 points earlier from a Gold Mika around the same LP range as me. Obviously it didn't get added to my LP, but my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

sixghost

YES! That's what stood out to me as well. Could he somehow be a bot?

Who do you play? I play Ken, too, so the first time we fought, I thought maybe he was playing weird to be disrespectful or something but it seems like that's not the case.

I don't think it's a bot. He eventually stopped doing it after it stopped working. Also, he declined to rematch after I started taunting.

Any other shitty bronze beginners out there that want to get some matches in? I can't seem to break the 900-1100 range.

CFN is Ace_Harding. Play as Guile.

Scotia

Banned
Yeah I know.

I just hope capcom can give us an accidental sampler in the form of leaks.

Maybe we'll get a blog post soon though?

I hope we get something soon. I haven't touched the game since last year and I have no interest in going back anytime soon. It sucks ;_;

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't know what they did to Juri this season but her players are emboldened and I have to learn how to fight her all over again.

It seems like her forward flippy kick is safe on block? What a world.

joe2187

Banned
You should really try to throw cr. HP and sweep less, you seem to use them to move around and it's super unsafe.

At close range i fumble the input alot and get Cr HK, Im trying to go for a Crush.

the Cr. HP is a bad habit from Season 1 im trying to replace with St.HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom