• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

The maintenance update tomorrow better address the issue where the match doesn't connect with the server and doesn't give me my points.

Who am I kidding?

They're probably just getting rid of the Christmas dlc from the shop. That's all this update is.

This game man.

Play a best of 3, win the first one, lose the second, win the third.

First one hasn't registered (STILL shows both opponents as having 0 LP) while the second and third did.

So i lost LP even though I won.
I'm sorry but I'm out.

mbpm1

Juri's AA jab kills Moonsault slash lmao, to be fair so does Alex's and Gief's. She definitely has the worst one though. All this time we were afraid of Chun li's light kick.

moonsault loses to like every move in s1 and it's worse now

it's trash and it's always been trash
and dumb to smoke

Why? Shit is even more annoying in Casuals when there isn't a single reason to RQ.

sure but also if someone RQs on you in a casual its no big deal as no LP is on the line. just seems odd to punish someones rank for how them RQing in casual. maybe put em in a quitter queue or something instead.

Ucchedavāda;228531526 said:
But that patch did add some stuff, so it is not clear if it was required to remove costumes...

I'll be honest, I was none the wiser to these updates. Worth the 15 minutes wait though Capcom. *thumbs up*

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
sure but also if someone RQs on you in a casual its no big deal as no LP is on the line. just seems odd to punish someones rank for how them RQing in casual. maybe put em in a quitter queue or something instead.
Who cares about LP? I want to enjoy playing the game. Doesn't matter if it's casual or ranked.

Dang, the sound effects and music in this game can really muffle the character's voices sometimes. I just now learned that Urien's shouting "A FOUL SIGHT" when he uses EX Violence Knee Drop and not "A THOUSAND STRIKES" like I had thought before.

I still have no idea what Fun And Nice Guy is saying during his CA too. "I'll turn into a bird?" "I'll hunt you like a bird?"

Maaaaan, that's weird even for F.A.N.G.

First point is that translations are really wonky with this game. Laura's BOOM quote sounds a lot more nuanced in Japanese but in english just sounds funky.

Second point is that this is a guy who says "Shoo" when using st.lp, says "Oh my my, looks like you're already choking" during his taunt and that he LITERALLY turns into a bird and shits poison in his CA. How much more apt can he be?

Though tbh, that weirdness is a big part of why I like F.A.N.G

EDIT: Plus his winquote against Juri makes me think of a shipping that I otherwise never would have thought of.

"What a coincidence! I love to see people suffering, too!"

Oh I'm not disparaging it; I love FANG's CA wholeheartedly. The quote just seems a bit non-sequitor compared to the rest of his lines (which mostly deal with suffering, poison or MY LORD BISOOOOOOON).

And yeah, translation is weird for this game, but some of the localized lines FAR outshine their original counterparts (i.e. Alex's "Okay, let's rumble" and Mika's "I'LL KICK YER ASS"). They've just got so much personality.

And tbh, I'm very partial to the fan-translates version of Laura's intro quote: "It starts with a beat and ends with a bang!" Too bad it doesn't match the lip flaps though.

I personally think they knocked it out of the park in regards to FANG's design. A wacky character that just looks,sounds and feels unique. There really is no comparable character.

Same situation with Rashid. His playstyle is very unique in SF and his look and design is very fun.

I guess they're 2 for 4 so far with the new characters so let's see how Season 2 pans out.

EDIT: Speaking of Season 2, we still haven't gotten any info on the rest of the season right?

MrCarter

I think Necalli and Laura are really fun and unique to use too. FANG is okay for me, but too whacky for my liking, however I do hope Capcom makes him more viable for players in the future.

I think Necalli is a pretty good design as well, even if it is not the most creative design. The visual changes between his normal and V-trigger modes are great, though, and help make him a very distinct character in SF (contrast with other V-triggers that just add particle effects and/or change skin-colors). On the other hand, Laura is the only new character I do not like, since there is little more to her visual design than straight up fan-service. Her move-set is pretty interesting, however.

So I am cautiously optimistic about this season's characters, despite the lack of information.

I always thought he said "Im a poison bird!"

That I'll turn into a bird thing was confirmed by the VA himself. I remember seeing a link on r/SF but can't find it for some reason.
Cant buy the holidaystage separately through psn only the bundle...oh well...
You can use FM to buy it.

You can also buy it in-game with PSN. Only bundles are available on the storefront but every single piece of DLC can be purchased with real money by selecting it in-game, it's not available on the PSN store/website.

LakeEarth

Getting those 10 ranked wins took way longer than expected, like over two hours. Kept getting matched to diamond players, so I had quite the losing streak going. Luckily when I do get a win against a diamond player, I get like 5 losses worth of points back.

Sigmaah

I dunno why they made vegas slide worse. Shit was ass before now it's basically don't use it. Can't even use it max range without getting the OD punish.

Like whyyyy whyyyy whyyyyy

myco666

But what about my exp, FM and replay? You get two(?) RQs a day(?) for free anyways so if you keep quitting bunch of times you should get hit by the penalty. No matter if it is ranked, casual or battle lounge.

LakeEarth

Vega's slide is one of those moves in this game where I can't seem to press a button afterwards, regardless of the frames. Kind of like Rashid's spinning mixer, you know they're minus, but they can press buttons afterwards and win.

I think I've might've faced one or two S2 Vegas, so I don't know how much easier it is to punish now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom