• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;228817528 said:
Not just that, it wont decisively. SFV got almost 6 times as many points as the #2, namely 259 points vs Revelator 's 44 points. I guess the "I want to hate SFV" meme really is true.

I know, I was very surprised at that. The fact that SFV got fighting game of the year award both at the VGA's and on here is very telling. Next year I assume it will be MvCI.

Shadoken

Goddamn that makes me sad and angry at the same time.They're both such awesome games and deserve more sales :(

The fighting genre is awesome and deserves more sales :(

Lets be real , SFV could have launched perfectly with all the content and online working perfectly and it wouldn't have cracked GAF top 10.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Hm, I just played a Russian cheater that would, always when it would benefit him, slow the game down. Like it's running in slow motion and on half the framerate. Literally only when he was losing. That's new...

mbpm1

Hm, I just played a Russian cheater that would, always when it would benefit him, slow the game down. Like it's running in slow motion and on half the framerate. Literally only when he was losing. That's new...

Nah, it's just his V-trigger

Was their name Aliktea or something like that? There was a Russian player by that name in USFIV on Steam, who would play ranked with matches running in slow motion.

Edzi

I don't know if most Vega's are just using bad internet, or if the game can't handle small/precise movements. Every time I fight someone with fast movement speed, when they walk back and forth quickly the game spazzes out and they start mini teleporting.

I don't know if most Vega's are just using bad internet, or if the game can't handle small/precise movements. Every time I fight someone with fast movement speed, when they walk back and forth quickly the game spazzes out and they start mini teleporting.

I see this also, Vega, Cammy, Karin all of them are teleporting bastard....netcode dire need of a fix..

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It feels like it gets a little more laggy or stuttery the more inputs there are. Like when someone mashes out of stun I often see a bit of that. Fast movement might do the same.

This is true. Its why dealing with Karin/Cammy braindead shimmy or tick throw BS is so hard to deal with.

Find a character you like playing and enjoy them! Really, it depends on how far you wanna go with playing. I'd suggest keeping things on Casual if you go online, as most people go there to practice and you won't have the stress of Ranked bearing down on you. Learn what comes out when you press a button, practice both sides (so, do a hadoken when your character faces right AND left), figure out your style of play and how it reflects off the character, and use the guide in the OT to get that FM dosh.

Thanks :) is the season pass for 2017 worth it ?also can the costumes be unlocked some in the menu look cool, mean like beard ryu etc

Yeah, I'm kind of over this game's online modes. I'm gonna stick to playing friends/gaffers in lounges and maybe start going to some locals.

Locals are the best. I wish mine weren't at weird times. I might start up some of my own events when I get some cash.

Wait never mind Snake is Akuma.

Thanks :) is the season pass for 2017 worth it ?also can the costumes be unlocked some in the menu look cool, mean like beard ryu etc

If you want all the characters, get the S1 pass and use the FM from the stuff in the OT for the S2 guys. Premium costumes can only be bought with real money, everything else can be bought with FM.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Akuma is the only known season 2 character, so no one knows if it's worth it.

You can unlock all costumes except premium ones with fight money. I believe the beard one is premium!? Not sure.

Is SFV finishing tonight or on Sunday?

Tonight. Top 32 going on now.
https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Ive finally figured Alex's worst matchup.

Its Rashido. Rashido gets a free win on Alex. Alex has nothing to counter Rashid.

Sure he does. You have to make sure you challenge Rashid when he's minus (don't let him get away with spinning mixers all day...cr.lp to take your turn).
Be mindful of the corner BEFORE you're in the corner.

And, his EX stomp has projectile invul from frame 1 now, so you can actually stomp through the gaps in Rashid's tornado frame trap pressure (but, not his V-trigger, since projectil invul moves don't beat Rashid's V-trigger anymore).

I still think it's Chun.

Idk man. Rashid is safe on so much crap and has way better buttons. He can't zoom over his fireball, his light spinning mixer is safe unless he keeps it going but it can lead to a 50/50 for Rashid and Alex's grab range is so bad it's not a reliable enough punish and neither are his jabs. You just can't reliably punish Rashido.

Honestly it's starting to feel like everyone is a bad matchup for Alex.
My salt levels are reaching maximum saltiness.

You'd think people would vote other games out of spite for SFV, though.

But honestly, other games should have gotten closer, even if SFV is my current favorite. And I still think parts of the community have become (or rather, stayed) insular and won't branch out. That goes both ways, from and to SFV.

Lulllll I played Birdie a few weeks ago and panicked, getting some good shit off the second one.

But burning meter like that is sooooo dumb.

I don't see nothing dumb about insane chip damage that gose coast to coast.

FluxWaveZ

Idk man. Rashid is safe on so much crap and has way better buttons. He can't zoom over his fireball, his light spinning mixer is safe unless he keeps it going but it can lead to a 50/50 for Rashid and Alex's grab range is so bad it's not a reliable enough punish and neither are his jabs. You just can't reliably punish Rashido.

That's Rashid for everyone who doesn't have a fireball. It's about specifically knowing how to fight against the character, which can be tough.

So if you are playing mika amd you face a cammy...... Can you do anything. Like anhthing at all? If i press a button at any point and she does the same thing im dread. And the cammys press a lot of buttons. I just get normaled to death lol.

FluxWaveZ

So if you are playing mika amd you face a cammy...... Can you do anything. Like anhthing at all? If i press a button at any point and she does the same thing im dread. And the cammys press a lot of buttons. I just get normaled to death lol.

I don't find it to be too tough of a MU, but Mika is certainly at a disadvantage (like most MUs now). Have to take a methodical approach, and scout for jump-ins to land the EX WA. Have to play footsies a bunch in neutral, despite Mika's worse buttons compared to Cammy. Fish a bunch with st.MP or sometimes st.HP with the heavy Peach empty cancel, and throw st.MK sometimes or cr.MK. The big damage will come from successful dive kick attempts and your own jump-ins, which can only be done if they're not predictable with periods of patience preceding them.

Some of the Gief players need to have a counter pick for Sim match up, IMO it's an unwinnable MU on the tourney scene against good Sim players..

I don't find it to be too tough of a MU, but Mika is certainly at a disadvantage (like most MUs now). Have to take a methodical approach, and scout for jump-ins to land the EX WA. Have to play footsies a bunch in neutral, despite Mika's worse buttons compared to Cammy. Fish a bunch with st.MP or sometimes st.HP with the heavy Peach empty cancel, and throw st.MK sometimes or cr.MK. The big damage will come from successful dive kick attempts and your own jump-ins, which can only be done if they're not predictable with periods of patience preceding them.

Thanks. I try but im no where near as good as you. Aopreciate the tips anyway.

Basically i need to not press buttons until absolutely necessary. But my match up knowledge is a bit weak against her.

Lol. Yes play like the best player in the world.

You don't have to be the best player in the world to learn from the best player in the world.

See the distance he likes to stay at...see what moves he likes to use in neutral...she how he deals with the situations that give you trouble.

Watching really good players is an underrated way to improve.

Some of the Gief players need to have a counter pick for Sim match up, IMO it's an unwinnable MU on the tourney scene against good Sim players..

But the Gief player took a match off him tho, and got read like a book. He only needed to get in once before rocking FChamp.

But at the same time, if you ain't confident in your matchups, maybe it wouldn't hurt to pick a secondary if you can't make it happen every time.

Really I just want everyone to have a pocket.

You don't have to be the best player in the world to learn from the best player in the world.

See the distance he likes to stay at...see what moves he likes to use in neutral...she how he deals with the situations that give you trouble.

Watching really good players is an underrated way to improve.

No i know. But you also have to bare in mind that im not even close to his level of game understanding, spacing and overall ability.

Im just venting more than anything. Its my own inability to beat these cammys is all. That and the bottle of wine.

kirblar

If nothing else, learn Birdie, cause though it's not a fun matchup, it's at least a similar character where a V-Trigger hit just ends it.

Skilletor

Made it to ultra gold. I swear this game is trying to keep me from platinum. Getting on that zombeghoast stuff. Just tons of terrible rollback and it's matching me up exclusively against gold players, so when I lose, it's like 80-100 points and when I win, it's only 55.

Casual is matchmaking me against mostly plat players right now, so that's awesome.

Akuma is my highest level character even though I've been playing GUile and Cammy since they came out, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom