• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's safe to install the game, right? The rootkit is no longer part of the updates?

I remember it took them a few days to fix the issue, but don't know if I need to do anything when reinstalling the game.

Mr. X

Gimme like 10-15 min and I'll be down for that I'm Ny too.

Inviting you rn.

GGs yesterday

If you're available tonight, let's go again. I really need to grind out the slop and mashiness from my play so I'm not sucking ass Thursday at my local.

Venfayth

I didn't think I would like playing Urien because he lacks a lot of common options, but damn is he fun. I can't do any impressive combos or anything, I don't have the resets down, but his buttons are super satisfying.

Neoxon

It's safe to install the game, right? The rootkit is no longer part of the updates?

I remember it took them a few days to fix the issue, but don't know if I need to do anything when reinstalling the game.
They got rid of the rootkit the day after it happened, & released a program that automatically removes the rootkit from your computer not too long afterwards.

It was still insanely idiotic of Capcom to use a rootkit as a means of preventing cheating, but at least it's gone now.

Sigmaah

GGs yesterday

If you're available tonight, let's go again. I really need to grind out the slop and mashiness from my play so I'm not sucking ass Thursday at my local.

Ya I'll be down to play again,

Who's your main, I'm assuming urien? Ya I noticed u like pressing buttons when you shouldn't. I still have the same issue but deff toned down. Best thing to do is just block until u have a chance to move away.

Took ken into training for a few hours, he's surprisingly technical...run/vtrig cancels for big damage etc.
I honestly have an easier time doing ibuki's combos

Onemic

That feel when the combos youve been getting consistently in training mode always drop when playing an actual person.

Least now i know its time to train against the CPU. The AI in this game when put to max is actually surprisingly good.(relative to SF4 at least) They can actually do combos now.

Marvel

could never
Yeah Ken is a lot more complicated than some think, harder than most Shoto's imo. I love V's version hence why he was my first go-to main.

Oh my CFN is Grandpa and I'm a Silver should anyone wanna play later or in the future (UK). I'm still learning but would love to play with you guys.

Skilletor

SFV has to win right? If it does, people on GAF are going to be pissed and threads will be made.

Threads will be made either way:

Pokken wins best fighter of the year (Over SF5)!
SF5 wins best fighter of the year!
Choose the first post:

• 1. Also the best fighter to release with a rootkit.
  • 2. Where's arcade mode, though.
  • 3. SF5 is surely saved!

Mizerman

Either Pokken or SFV would likely win the Fighting game category. It'll probably be Pokken.

SFV has to win right? If it does, people on GAF are going to be pissed and threads will be made.

They will be made regardless if it won or lost. It's just that one of those threads will contain more sodium.

JayEH

Nah, remember it only reviewed okayish (70s on metacritic I think) and they haven't kept up with the game at all. I know some journalists that thought people hated the game so much that the fgc moved back to 4. Pokkem or KI will win I think.

It's a lose lose situation for SFV, shit posting threads will be made.

mbpm1

Threads will be made either way:

Pokken wins best fighter of the year (Over SF5)!
SF5 wins best fighter of the year!
Choose the first post:

• 1. Also the best fighter to release with a rootkit.
  • 2. Where's arcade mode, though.
  • 3. SF5 is surely saved!

Quote this post as the first post

SFV nominated for 2 Keighleys

Don't forget this guy
Q5K6qqx.png

This is what I need to learn in the Sim matchup, I'm almost free to Sim at this point, it's much easier to game plan than to put it in practice, and then that damn teleport just messes everything up or him hovering above your head and you don't know whether to counter or wait to block and hit him on the way down. Grr...i hear this match is in Ken's favor because he can kill sim so quick, but Sim/Bison are still my worse matches, and it seems like there aren't that many really strong GAF members that use them to help me out '-(
These overly verbose posts I've written (#1 and #2) in the past ought to provide adequate points of reference to cope against run-of-the-mill Dhalsims.

Furthermore: teleports are fairly easy to deal with once you have the mindset of jabbing on reaction as soon as you see the animation, so it's a good habit to carry through the match whether he ends up next to you or not. I use the audio cue myself, since it's a much sharper sound than many other moves in the game. Lastly, primary reasons why Ken is such a nuisance for Dhalsim: very easily carries him to the corner if your punishes and hit-confirms are on-point, and anti-airing Ken is a pain given the ways he can alter his jump trajectory. The latter requires conditioning your opponent to a degree, however. And then there's this, for shits and giggles:

mdlpcw.gif

It's becoming clear to me that part of the Ken gameplan is to just do stuff, expect it to not work and just DP when it inevitably does.

Marvel

could never
Wakeup DP into V-trigger into EX DP is the best stuff man lol

(When they don't expect it)

Stepkick into V-Trigger on hit is also a fave of mine, can do whatever from there.

FluxWaveZ

It's becoming clear to me that part of the Ken gameplan is to just do stuff, expect it to not work and just DP when it inevitably does.

There's a reason Ken is the #1 character on UltraDavid's list for "characters who can play like a nut well." It's weird, because if you're too respectful against Ken, he can easily take advantage of that with his explosive pressure. But if you're not respectful enough, he's got frame traps that'll really mess you up. It's an interesting balance.

Don't forget this guy
Q5K6qqx.png

WE ESPORTS NOW

Hope SFV wins, just so it might get more sales if it does.

No matter what, there'll be a thread shitting on it though.

If SFV wins: "But it's not even finished!!!! It's barely a fighting game!!!!"

If Pokken wins: "What!!!! A pokemon fighting game for babies beat Street Fighter!!!!! Lol!!!! Just goes to show!!!!"

Edit: Fucking lol his name is Infiltrator.

Street Fighter V is the game that represents 2016 best

SF5 actually got better as the year went on.
There's a reason Ken is the #1 character on UltraDavid's list for "characters who can play like a nut well." It's weird, because if you're too respectful against Ken, he can easily take advantage of that with his explosive pressure. But if you're not respectful enough, he's got frame traps that'll really mess you up. It's an interesting balance.
And that's a pretty big reason why he'll ALWAYS be a great character in which ever game he appears in.

Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li will never be allowed to be weak in any street fighter game since they're always the "big 3" characters for the franchise. Even Guile isn't as popular as those 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom