• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Dictator's story mode outfit win pose is killing me man. You have no hat!

Argh

Ibuki also takes off a non-existent mask in some of her costumes.

While not quite the same thing, the part of Alex's intro that zooms in on his boots becomes somewhat humorous when he is wearing a costume that has him in bare feet.

Does anyone remember that site where you can upload YT replays and people can comment and annotate them? I'm pretty sure I posted about it lol but I can't remember it at all and can't see it in my post history.

Edit: It was Flow Feedback! Check it out if you haven't!

Marvel

could never
Ibuki also takes off a non-existent mask in some of her costumes.

While not quite the same thing, the part of Alex's intro that zooms in on his boots becomes somewhat humorous when he is wearing a costume that has him in bare feet.
Ikr, infuriating on all counts lol

Hope they get tweaked.

Marvel

could never
6959zhjd

I'll add to Bipson not giving a fuck lol happened last night.

I just had a mirror match with a Sliver Urien. He took most the games, but the ones I got in kind of solidified why I like SFV so much. We both have the same moves, do the same combos, but our playstyles are vastly different and it's obvious which type he was and what type I was.

I, for example, went full on rushdown towards the end, and that's when I started finally taking games. I started recognizing that I'm better off focusing on that playstyle and getting that to work, as he had his defensive style down to a tee.

But that's probably why I like watching SFV so much when the streams come on. Everyone plays differently. The combos are short, and the moves aren't as varied when you have the priority moves of SF4, but damn if it's not recognizable as fuck when Tokido is playing versus Daigo. Even scrubs are getting more defined.

This is just some useless rambling, but man if I don't love this game. Really rekindled fighting games with me in a serious way.

Skilletor

I love his walk animation, lol.

The animation in this game is 3s level, imo. Like every single one of Bison's attacks looks like it would seriously hurt or kill you. His smile the entire time he does it.

One of the reason I'm looking forward to Akuma is I think this game will really show what the dark hadou would look like through Akuma's personality.

JayEH

I just had a mirror match with a Sliver Urien. He took most the games, but the ones I got in kind of solidified why I like SFV so much. We both have the same moves, do the same combos, but our playstyles are vastly different and it's obvious which type he was and what time I was.

I, for example, went full on rushdown towards the end, and that's when I started finally taking games. I started recognizing that I'm better off focusing on that playstyle and getting that to work, as he had his defensive style down to a tee.

But that's probably why I like watching SFV so much when the streams come on. Everyone plays differently. The combos are short, and the moves aren't as varied when you have the priority moves of SF4, but damn if it's not recognizable as fuck when Tokido is playing versus Daigo. Even scrubs are getting more defined.

This is just some useless rambling, but man if I don't love this game. Really rekindled fighting games with me in a serious way.

heard james chen say the same about the game in general recently and i agree.

i also think with regards to watching high level of SF i enjoy that more now with V as opposed to IV. In IV it was hype watching those crazy FADC combos and OSes, etc. but I felt I couldn't actually apply anything I watched to me getting better. With V being "simpler" I actually do take mental notes and can understand what's going on and it's actually helped out my game.

I watched that whole video, and was like "yeah right". It didn't hit me till today, though. I suppose it's good I didn't just agree with him without thinking about it lol!

The animation in this game is 3s level, imo. Like every single one of Bison's attacks looks like it would seriously hurt or kill you. His smile the entire time he does it.

One of the reason I'm looking forward to Akuma is I think this game will really show what the dark hadou would look like through Akuma's personality.

Also why Dan and Sagat are going to look great too.

Marvel

could never
I agreed with Chen too, there's a lot of fun to be had in the game imo. Even with dialed back combos. Hell I play Bison like a mixture of Nut Ken with a Ryu parry lol

I do not like to play defensive at all.

meerak

I just had a mirror match with a Sliver Urien. He took most the games, but the ones I got in kind of solidified why I like SFV so much. We both have the same moves, do the same combos, but our playstyles are vastly different and it's obvious which type he was and what type I was.

Couldn't agree more.

Oh and on the subject of Bison's walk... Animation of the Year 2016. The whole game is staggering but damn if that walk isn't a classic among classics.

I know what you guys mean. I play FANG almost as an honest, zoning/footsie based character. I rarely use those ambiguous setups and just rely purely on my defense and sense of the enemy's timings.

mbpm1

i also think with regards to watching high level of SF i enjoy that more now with V as opposed to IV. In IV it was hype watching those crazy FADC combos and OSes, etc. but I felt I couldn't actually apply anything I watched to me getting better. With V being "simpler" I actually do take mental notes and can understand what's going on and it's actually helped out my game.

I don't really agree with the last point. I was always finding things to steal/try whenever I watched matches.

Of course, I played Ken so there was the world open to me in terms of players.

If you played someone like DJ not only was your character suffering but you had trouble finding people to learn from.

I don't. Ex mallet smash is gonna be like -15

It was already pretty punishable wasn't it?

I think once they make the V-Skills and Triggers more viable for some characters, it'll be a lot more fun for casual viewers to watch. They indicate that some heavy shit is about to go down, and are visually obvious about that, so hopefully Capcom can make them a better part of each character's skill set (without breaking the game).

(Burn off Urien's clothes for his V-Skill, Capcom!)

Wonder if we'll get a guest character...

I'm not sure how I feel about 'em.

Tekken was the only time I feel a guest character was done right besides SC games (and really, just Hei and Link). I really don't want to see them take a spot.

mbpm1

I think once they make the V-Skills and Triggers more viable for some characters, it'll be a lot more fun for casual viewers to watch. They indicate that some heavy shit is about to go down, and are visually obvious about that, so hopefully Capcom can make them a better part of each character's skill set (without breaking the game).

(Burn off Urien's clothes for his V-Skill, Capcom!)

They need to make v-skills and such more fun in general.

Fuuuuuck, got up to 3965 points, next win would've got me to Gold.
Fight a Ken, took the first round then nerves got the better of me and I kept dropping my combos.

Now back down to 3823 :(

Edit: And then I beat a Gold Cammy and they fucking rage quit. Great!

LakeEarth

Fuuuuuck, got up to 3965 points, next win would've got me to Gold.
Fight a Ken, took the first round then nerves got the better of me and I kept dropping my combos.

Now back down to 3823 :(

Edit: And then I beat a Gold Cammy and they fucking rage quit. Great!

Think that's bad, I hit 3999LP before going on the losing streak to end all losing streaks. You'll reach that threshold eventually.

This morning fought a Diamond Dhalsim I think it was GoldenCen or something like that. They were ranked in the 200s and boy oh boy did I get embarrassed. I immediately went into idk what I'm doing anymore mode. He just continuously had me freezing up. I only won 2-3 rounds out of the 8matches. The game kept matching us up. I got a little better toward the end but he was just toying with me at that point. It was a good learning experience but Dhalsim is definitely OP God tier in my book from now on lol.

Same here. Say what you want about the game as a whole but you can't deny that the animations in this game are top notch.

I really can't wait until the 3rd to get my hands on Akuma. If Dictator is anything to go by Akuma will be a bad, bad man.

FluxWaveZ

This morning fought a Diamond Dhalsim I think it was GoldenCen or something like that. They were ranked in the 200s and boy oh boy did I get embarrassed. I immediately went into idk what I'm doing anymore mode. He just continuously had me freezing up. I only won 2-3 rounds out of the 8matches. The game kept matching us up. I got a little better toward the end but he was just toying with me at that point. It was a good learning experience but Dhalsim is definitely OP God tier in my book from now on lol.

He still doesn't play like Snafoo does. I usually beat GoldenCen when we get matched against each other, and that's because he falls victim to a lot of the standard stuff I do in the MU. Snafoo plays unlike any other Dhalsim I go against, and his style of extreme defense seems more "OP" on the surface.

And we're really due for some new announcements. We can't just be getting that Dubai stage this month, right? I want a steady stream of new costumes.

Think that's bad, I hit 3999LP before going on the losing streak to end all losing streaks. You'll reach that threshold eventually.

Ugh. Man, that must've been a heartsinker.

I've tumbled down to 3665 now. Such a bummer.
I know I'll get there eventually but I'm getting impatient now, I just want that damn trophy so I can go have some fun in casuals.

He still doesn't play like Snafoo does. I usually beat GoldenCen when we get matched against each other, and that's because he falls victim to a lot of the standard stuff I do in the MU. Snafoo plays unlike any other Dhalsim I go against, and his style of extreme defense seems more "OP" on the surface.

And we're really due for some new announcements. We can't just be getting that Dubai stage this month, right? I want a steady stream of new costumes.

Yea I just needed 1 more match to complete the download. If we played 9 I would have trashed him. I'm calling him out for a rematch!!!!

I kind of wonder if they're holding stuff back to launch S2 with more stuff and a steady flow of content.

They probably will go this route. Especially after the backlash from people when Characters weren't released when they thought they would be according to the road map.

I think if they ditch the road map and announce characters/releases like how KI did. It will go over much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom