• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I wish the battle lounges could be used to search people who main certain characters or only have certain characters join your lobby. I'm only trying to fight Ryu right now and every person from every random country is joining lol there's so much they could do with the online but we gotta accept mediocrity and deal with it

inb4 lone dragon

I know it's not nearly as good as a filter but can't you put "Seeking Ryu Players" in the message field? Or did I just dream that that was a feature?

ElFly

After not touching zangief for three months, I went back and quickly climbed to Silver, when back a few months ago I struggled with ultra bronze

Dunno what happened. I certainly did not improve cause I used to be able to. Combo the super and now I do it unreliably and mostly fail at it

I think the player distribution somehow changed. I guess the people on my level also climbed to Silver somehow

Skab

I've been getting my ass kicked by work all week and havent been able to play/havent been in the thread much.

BUT

those Bison things from a couple pages back make me happy

ElFly

That said, Capcom needs to fix the hit box during Zangief splash. It still has the same hit box as during a jump, so you can be hit out of it by moves that should not connect according to the visuals

You risk it all and just jump out the corner.

That never works out :(

v-trigger and pray

And then she hits you out of the animation with a simple jab :(

Fuck this world.

In other news, I just played 7 games with a Gold person and beat his ass all 7 times. He seemed to have a decent Urien but I just went crazy against him. Finally I had to call it because it was getting ridiculous, but hell if I don't feel proud. My timings have gotten a lot better and I'm able to confirm things without panicking as much. Just need to work on my charge timings and keep on that execution train still.

Guys. I had a dream last night where I was stalked by an American Psycho style Samuel L. Jackson serial killer.

Is this a sign? Is Bish coming for me?

I went from one win away from Gold this morning alllllll the way down to 3200LP.
765 lost in a single day.
Feels bad, man. Feels so fucking bad.

I swear the longer I play the worse I get. How does that work?

Tekniqs

anyone down the play? just recently started playing again and trying to get back in the groove before I start playing ranked lol

I wish the battle lounges could be used to search people who main certain characters or only have certain characters join your lobby. I'm only trying to fight Ryu right now and every person from every random country is joining lol there's so much they could do with the online but we gotta accept mediocrity and deal with it

inb4 lone dragon
Can't even save training mode settings still so why would you expect a reasonable battle lounge....

I went from one win away from Gold this morning alllllll the way down to 3200LP.

This kept happening too me. I would get up to gold and end up down in silver and lose 1000 points. Also whenever i would g t matched up against a gold player i would get nervous

I decided to take a break from ranked and just played casuals and learnt the game rather than kept trying to win. Im now on 5345 or something (lost around 300lp today). just be more relaxed and tou will notice the difference

Zackat

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

I am in the same area as you are. I get sooo close to gold then drop like a stone.

Marvel

could never
Highest I've got to was Ultra Silver, always like 150 LP shy of Gold. Slapped down to Silver or Super Silver where I now live perminently lmao.

Yesterday was beyond annoying, got stuck in the rank down rank up blender.

Marvel

could never
Don't set an arbitrary number or title as your goal. Do so with little things inside the game.
Yes, you're right.

Something I was doing for a while but since forgotten. Find myself caught up on my quest for Gold again costing me games due to nerves/stress.

Tomorrow onwards I'll play more relaxed.

Don't set an arbitrary number or title as your goal. Do so with little things inside the game.

Goals

1) I won't jump this entire match

2) I will block all my opponents mix-ups

3) I won't miss any AA this match

4) I whiff punish *Insert move 100%

5) I hit confirm *Insert move 100%

6) I'll take at least one match against *Insert good player

etc...

This is where I'm currently at, it's hard, its very hard not to focus on winning since it gives you a level of satisfaction, likely increasing our dopamine levels. But, if you want to truly improve, and get to a higher level, we have to break down and compartmentalize fighting games. There's overall strategy versus a specific character, there's spacing and footsies, there's whiff punishing, there's AA, overall defense, yomi, mix-up, hard reads, etc...Try to break down sections one at a time, and improve on each one. You may find you start owning certain characters but still losing to others, it could be certain aspects of your game improving and you stumbling across characters on the receiving end of your new skills.

Its not as deep as something like chess, I don't believe, but fighting games really are intricate gaming systems.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Gah damn, what a blow up at the end. Ggs.

Just a couple lucky openings and Ken's damage + Dhalsim's life = gg.

We should play a longer set sometime, I think you'll come out on top.

Dhalsim has all but vanished from matchmaking in Silver league so I feel like I already learned a little something from those few matches.

ElFly

So what is the deal with people in ranked who just stand there mashing a button

Are they supposed to be Ranking up this way?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
But how someone loses at this

They gain experience which leads to level ups which award 1000FM.

Someone should calculate how much real world money people earn per hour of doing this bullshit and also calculate how much electricity it costs to leave the game running.

SmokeMaxX

Farming Fight Money with a bot/script

They gain experience which leads to level ups which award 1000FM.

Someone should calculate how much real world money people earn per hour of doing this bullshit and also calculate how much electricity it costs to leave the game running.

I think it's more likely they're farming levels so they can purchase the level 50 costumes rather than for fight money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom