• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Capcom ever delisted costumes and then put them back up later for sale? Money got real tight these past few weeks and I don't want to spend my entertainment budget on these damn things if I can help it.

ElFly

Has Capcom ever delisted costumes and then put them back up later for sale? Money got real tight these past few weeks and I don't want to spend my entertainment budget on these damn things if I can help it.

I don't think so? at least on Steam it still lists a ton of DLC for USF4 so...

they threatened to delist the CPT stage IIRC? may be wrong

I don't think so? at least on Steam it still lists a ton of DLC for USF4 so...

they threatened to delist the CPT stage IIRC? may be wrong
Halloween stuff and cpt stuff is limited time only. They say it won't be sold after that time period has passed.

jett

D-Member
Where was CPT Asia held? What's with all this extraneous noise during grand finals? Sound like nobody is in attendance for the actual finals lol.

Scotia

Banned
No announcement, damn it Ono.

Now that I think about it, what was it specifically that made people think there was going to be an announcement? I looked at the tweet later and all he said was that he was going to be at the Finals and nothing else. I don't really know where the idea came from that we were getting something special.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
How much content have they announced that still hasn't been released at this point? Red bull costumes, throwback costumes, at least one stage, those Chun-li outfits designed by whoever...

Almost feels like they were bullshitting to get some goodwill and weren't anywhere close to ready to release this stuff.

Maybe they're waiting for the CPT finals to maximize attention on their game? Or maybe they're holding it all for a Season 1.5 pass. Get Akuma and all this other junk for the low low price of 29.99!

Now that I think about it, what was it specifically that made people think there was going to be an announcement? I looked at the tweet later and all he said was that he was going to be at the Finals and nothing else. I don't really know where the idea came from that we were getting something special.
Zhi said that there was some announcement to be made but apparently he mistranslated.

Seems like Zhi mistranslated what Ono said when he came out onstage between Top 16 and Top 8. That's what PVPLive is speculating anyway.

We'all have to wait until Capcom Cup.
Yup, that seems to be the case.

Also, I just realized that there is only 1 main Nash player in the form of Infiltration, and even he's started using Rashid. NuckleDu does of course play him too but he seems to be using Guile and Mika and hasn't really used that character in a while.

And out of the main cast, there's no Laura, Birdie, Zangief(no surprise there) or Bison at Capcom Cup.

Scotia

Banned
How much content have they announced that still hasn't been released at this point? Red bull costumes, throwback costumes, at least one stage, those Chun-li outfits designed by whoever...

Almost feels like they were bullshitting to get some goodwill and weren't anywhere close to ready to release this stuff.

Maybe they're waiting for the CPT finals to maximize attention on their game? Or maybe they're holding it all for a Season 1.5 pass. Get Akuma and all this other junk for the low low price of 29.99!

Not sure if true but I've heard Red Bull costumes are Japan only, at least for now. Still waiting for Alex and Ibuki'a classic costumes and Bison's SF2 stage :/

Would love it if they just drop a little footage of all the DLC characters for season 2 at Capcom Cup, like how they showed Urien and Juri during the reveal trailer for Balrog.

jett

D-Member
Doing some trials...

My brain and my hands don't want to work together for a lot of Karin's combos. Who was it that said this game was easier to play anyway? Was all that really just based on there not being one-frame links anymore?

Doing some trials...

My brain and my hands don't want to work together for a lot of Karin's combos. Who was it that said this game was easier to play anyway? Was all that really just based on there not being one-frame links anymore?

The execution is easier because the toughest combos in this game would be considered medium-ish difficulty in USF4.

And this game is definitely easier to play but it still varies from character to character. You have brain-dead easy (Birdie,Guile) all the way to incredibly tricky (Juri, Urien)

jett

D-Member
The execution is easier because the toughest combos in this game would be considered medium-ish difficulty in USF4.

And this game is definitely easier to play but it still varies from character to character. You have brain-dead easy (Birdie,Guile) all the way to incredibly tricky (Juri, Urien)

For the hardcore fans maybe, for a casual SF like myself it makes no difference whatsoever. The execution barrier is still pretty friggin' high up.

Unless you play Mika! One of the reasons I like her.

Skilletor

For the hardcore fans maybe, for a casual SF like myself it makes no difference whatsoever. Execution is as difficult as ever.

Karin is one of the more difficult characters to play.

Don't see how you can argue with "I don't know enough so the game is still just as hard as it ever was."

Objective fact doesn't matter at that point.

Marvel

could never
Why are there 2 of you >_>
RtP9j10.jpg

The hell...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
For the hardcore fans maybe, for a casual SF like myself it makes no difference whatsoever. The execution barrier is still pretty friggin' high up.

I don't know man, I couldn't do a huge percentage of SFIV's trials including simple links. In SFV, Karins's trials were the only time I thought "I'll never be able to do this." And then I did it anyway. The difference in input leniency is huge IMO.

Uhh...isn't that what people have been asking them to do? Let people know what they're working on? Communicate?

How is that "bullshitting"? How is that a negative thing at all?

BTW, Ono already said that the next info drop will be at Capcom Cup. Not sure why people keep expecting big things until then.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Uhh...isn't that what people have been asking them to do? Let people know what they're working on? Communicate?

How is that "bullshitting"? How is that a negative thing at all?

BTW, Ono already said that the next info drop will be at Capcom Cup. Not sure why people keep expecting big things until then.
I was just thinking out loud but I guess it came off as critical enough to set off the Lone Dragon alarm.

Outfits and stages shouldn't be considered a big enough deal to withhold for special circumstances. It was nice that they "communicated" about them so long ago, but just release that shit guys.

For the record I've never complained about a lack of communication because I don't care about messaging, I just want to see content getting released. But now that we're on the subject, I'd like to see some communication about whether they are going to streamline the interface, whether they are going to try to improve load times, whether they know how shitty it is to have to wait through the versus screen when you load back into training mode from a match, whether they intend to make battle lounges 10x more useful by allowing real search options. I want to know how they plan to improve the structural aspects of the game because new characters, outfits and stages are a given.

Okay, Mika is about to go stupid on me. I'm in the corner as Urien. What do I do? Should I EX Dive out? EX Headbutt? These long limbs don't help during that corner play!

YOLO or cancel a normal into EX or HK Violence Knee to escape. Hope the Mika doesn't catch onto your shit because she'll knock you out of it if she knows what you're up to.

You can EX Headbutt, but if she blocks it, you're eating a crush counter.

petran79

Banned

SFV is casual friendly because you can play well even if you dont master the trials.

Same for SFIV.

Marvel

could never
Dunno probably, I mean I would have done the same lol
Doing parries also keeps his V-meter filled.

I did not know this! nice, see it filling up myself now. Parried a bunch of his normals and a kneepress thing too but I won't post a shitload of gifs.

Fun character.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This week's challenge reminds me of how terrible the lounge system still is. Having a pretty hard time even playing 10 matches.

This week's challenge reminds me of how terrible the lounge system still is. Having a pretty hard time even playing 10 matches.
I feel like it's so complicated for something that is as basic as SF4's lobbies. Should have put at least more than minimal effort into it... Capcom all about SFV online and makes the lobbies ass...

HardRojo

I really hope the info drop at Capcom Cup is not just Akuma. I expect full Season 2 confirmation and the introduction of new modes (Arcade, Extra Battle) coming soon. It'll be disappointing if they don't show much, considering this is basically the Season 1 closing event.

Minor stuff I want to see addressed:
  • Training mode saving your last used settings
  • Toggle for stage/character theme
  • Player 2 being able to select rematch or going back to character select screen after a match in Versus mode. It's weird seeing all these thumbs up in tournaments
  • Some kind of Gallery would be nice

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like it's so complicated for something that is as basic as SF4's lobbies. Should have put at least more than minimal effort into it... Capcom all about SFV online and makes the lobbies ass...
You still can't reasonably search for a lobby. It's showing every 10th flag and connection. I would not have highlighted this awful feature with a challenge...

JayEH

I really hope the info drop at Capcom Cup is not just Akuma. I expect full Season 2 confirmation and the introduction of new modes (Arcade, Extra Battle) coming soon. It'll be disappointing if they don't show much, considering this is basically the Season 1 closing event.

Minor stuff I want to see addressed:
  • Training mode saving your last used settings
  • Toggle for stage/character theme
  • Player 2 being able to select rematch or going back to character select screen after a match in Versus mode. It's weird seeing all these thumbs up in tournaments
  • Some kind of Gallery would be nice

The player 2 thing is the most baffling thing to me...how does that happen and how is it not patched in yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom