• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Spent 20 mins searching for a casual match with connections set to 3-5 bars.

Not a single match.

Is this game actually dead?

It's Sunday morning in EU and people are sleeping in the US, what are you expecting?

EDIT - I'm EU and I'm getting lots of games right now by the way.

Marvel

could never
MM is faster when I'm in the lab. Getting lots of games there and quick, bit slower when I do it from the menu.

Shoutouts to Capcom's penalty system. I intentionally disconnected three times earlier today; once at the very start of of the match when a 5-bar connection (against someone from a neighbouring country) turned out to be unplayable due to extreme lag and the other two well before the VS screen even transpired. End result is being banned from matchmaking for 24 hours and losing 1000 LP.

Through Casual Matches.

Oh, and to add insult to injury: I'm having no luck whatsoever finding anyone who isn't from an Asian country (when I'm from EU) via Battle Lounges right now when neither ping bars nor flags care to load up for 95% of the players. Still. Ever since launch day. Which over half a year ago. My fault to a degree to even be put in this position and lesson learned I suppose, but god damn what a mess.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
MM is faster when I'm in the lab. Getting lots of games there and quick, bit slower when I do it from the menu.
Are you sure it doesn't just feel faster because you're doing stuff instead of sitting around waiting? As the old adage says, time flies when you're practicing v- trigger cancels.

I wonder if the load times also eat up some of the time you'd be waiting somehow.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Shoutouts to Capcom's penalty system. I intentionally disconnected three times earlier today; once at the very start of of the match when a 5-bar connection (against someone from a neighbouring country) turned out to be unplayable due to extreme lag and the other two well before the VS screen even transpired. End result is being banned from matchmaking for 24 hours and losing 1000 LP.

Through Casual Matches.

Oh, and to add insult to injury: I'm having no luck whatsoever finding anyone who isn't from an Asian country (when I'm from EU) via Battle Lounges right now when neither ping bars nor flags care to load up for 95% of the players. Still. Ever since launch day. Which over half a year ago. My fault to a degree to even be put in this position and lesson learned I suppose, but god damn what a mess.
Why would you quit at the VS screen? Twice? You earned that one.

Marvel

could never
Are you sure it doesn't just feel faster because you're doing stuff instead of sitting around waiting? As the old adage says, time flies when you're practicing v- trigger cancels.

I wonder if the load times also eat up some of the time you'd be waiting somehow.
Perhaps!

myco666

Not for anti-airs

Okay so I wasn't misremembering it.

Through Casual Matches.

So the penalty system is working great as intented? Good to hear.

Battle Lounges definitely need a huge fix. It kinda works but it can take way too long to find any decent connections.

Scotia

Banned

Through Casual Matches.

You're complaining about being punished for intentionally disconnecting three times?

anybody got some tips for fighting against guile with birdie? i just can't defeat him, i tried doing down forward hp to dive under the sonic booms but i can't get it reliably.

So the penalty system is working great as intented? Good to hear.

Battle Lounges definitely need a huge fix. It kinda works but it can take way too long to find any decent connections.

You're complaining about being punished for intentionally disconnecting three times?

Problem is Crab I know you're saying "Casual Matches" but XP and FM is earned there too.
You three are all missing the key distinction of being punished when two out of the three games didn't even start, never mind not even reaching the VS screen.

If I did in the middle of the match, it'd be a moot point. That should go without saying.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
anti air jabs need to get got

and this system would be the perfect way to do it!

dunno what's the hold up. at the same time it would make jumping in better too
The priority system is about trades. Anti-air jabs rarely do that. Wouldn't change anything.

You three are all missing the key distinction of being punished when two out of the three games didn't even start, much less reach the VS screen.

If I did in the middle of the match, it'd be a moot point. That should go without saying.
But why would you quit at the Vs screen? That's when you see your oppenents rank and character for the first time. That should count as a ragequit.

Marvel

could never
Forgot to post the first part of the parry gif from yesterday with that Urien.
j0dxtku4

Had him crouching in the corner after that lol. Then ofc he tried the FB game and lost to more parries which you guys saw. Some MU make me cry but boy do I love Alex.

You three are all missing the key distinction of being punished when two out of the three games didn't even start, never mind not even reaching the VS screen.

If you got booted twice (which sucks) and then decided to quit one match due to lag, unfortunately it is a known thing you'll get punished for it that next one.

You took the risk :(

Edit: I'm tired and misread, wait so you chose to quit before the game started on two matches. Then yeah that counts as a quit and the system worked, it was loading you both in.

myco666

anybody got some tips for fighting against guile with birdie? i just can't defeat him, i tried doing down forward hp to dive under the sonic booms but i can't get it reliably.

Try catch sonic booms with lk chain or with dolphin dive. Latter is riskier but works sometimes. Also f.HP is decent way to get in at certain distances if they throw a lot of booms. When you do get in just stay close and keep the pressure.

You definitely need to get penalized if you quit at VS. screen. It would create situation where people could just skip any MU that they are not comfortable with or skip matches they 'know' they will lose. It could not count when the screen is still black but why really make a diffrence there.

Why you even quitted before the versus screen anyways?

But why would you quit at the Vs screen? That's when you see your oppenents rank and character for the first time. That should count as a ragequit.

You definitely need to get penalized if you quit at VS. screen. It would create situation where people could just skip any MU that they are not comfortable with or skip matches they 'know' they will lose. It could not count when the screen is still black but why really make a diffrence there.

Why you even quitted before the versus screen anyways?
No, I didn't. I specifically stated in both posts that I did so before the VS screen even transpired.

And for added context: I acted as such because Capcom's filtering cannot comprehend simple mathematics. I enabled 'Ask' for 4 - 5 connections only, it gave me a 2-bar result twice, I rectified my error of twitch accepting (since it does follow the desired criteria 90% of the time) by closing the game well before (emphasis: BEFORE) it got past the "Another match is coming your way" screen. Don't think the voice-over even finished the sentence, to boot.

Being punished for the first match with the over-the-top lag is logical (if still out of my control due to misleading information) so that never was my point of contention, but being penalized for the other two examples is utterly nonsensical.

myco666

No, I didn't. I specifically stated in both posts that I did so before the VS screen even transpired.

And for added context: I acted as such because Capcom's filtering cannot comprehend simple mathematics. I enabled 'Ask' for 4 - 5 connections only, it gave me a 2-bar result twice, I rectified my error of twitch accepting (since it does follow the desired criteria 90% of the time) by closing the game well before (emphasis: BEFORE) it got past the "Another match is coming your way" screen. Don't think the voice-over even finished the sentence, to boot.

Being punished for the first match with the over-the-top lag is logical (if still out of my control due to misleading information) so that never was my point of contention, but being penalized for the other two examples is utterly nonsensical.

Well that is a bit much I agree. But then again it was Casuals and the connection bars are lies anyways so you don't really lose anything for accepting it and going through couple of rounds. Those matches could have actually been very decent connections. I also don't think the connection quality limiter works if you use 'Ask for confirmation' and is meant for the auto confirm.

Csr

A guy on a stream got penalized for being disconnected while in the menus 3 times, there wasn't even a message that he was going to fight. It is very silly.

I chose ask for 5 bars only yesterday and even though it took longer to find matches my experience was much better overall, no point in fighting in constant rollbacks which is what i get usually. I might as well go to the lab more, it is a better way to spend my time than being frustrated from the lag. I suspect i was lucky though and wait times were not ridiculous.

Oneagility Vs Me. Sees 5 bars in lounge than turns 3 in game and becomes laggy as hell as game continue.

German Zangief player VS Me. Sees 4 bars and connection was better than my first battle lounge game.

Yeah ok Capcpom.

Oh he already lost the points, when I bumped into him straight after he was down a grand lmao.

Must have been his 2nd or 3rd quit, however it works.

balance has been restored then

------

I thought the penalty system happen the second you enter "another fight is coming your way"
heck, even if my connection is crap, that count as a rq. please fix that capcom

speaking of rq, met one in casual right now, guest he cant take the L huh

Try catch sonic booms with lk chain or with dolphin dive. Latter is riskier but works sometimes. Also f.HP is decent way to get in at certain distances if they throw a lot of booms. When you do get in just stay close and keep the pressure.

ah thanks, i will try the chain more, i also tried bullhorn because it is projectile invincible but i just caught a somersault to the face

Marvel

could never
This is really weird, a lot (not all) of people I fight in my own country (uk) are laggy as hell. Do you any of you get this from time to time?

I'd rather fight everyone else ha!

Csr

This is really weird, a lot (not all) of people I fight in my own country (uk) are laggy as hell. Do you any of you get this from time to time?

I'd rather fight everyone else ha!

Maybe a lot of them happen to use wifi?

Those are the only ones i have laggy matches against from my country.

edit: ah you said uk where there are a lot of players, probably some routing problem then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom