• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Guile I fought against got hit st rh crush counter in the last seconds of the match with no health on either sides.

Instant RQ.

I can't even be mad that shit was lol

MrCarter

Max is a sensationalist blowhard whose primary arguments about the strength of his favourite characters largely revolved around "they nerfed muh comboz!" back when retail SFV launched.

Reminder that Nash and Ken are weak, according to his insightful wisdom.

Phew! I thought I was the only one who thought this about him. I mean he's a nice guy but some of the stuff he says to rile up his clickbait audience is ridiculous. Before Urien and Alex were revealed he speculated and then banged on and on about thier inclusion in the roster and now he doesn't even play as them.

I spit my drink while watching Max's video when he stated that SFV had only sold 100k since launch. I know it hasn't been great, but he made it sound like that's all the game has sold, which is way way off.

I simply face palmed at the part. I think he's the sort of guy that reacts first and researches later but that is also both damaging to the game and to his channel.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I love Max, but goddamn how many "Street Fighter V changes" videos do you need to make, dude?

We get it. Seriously, didn't he make the same exact video a few months ago.

He needed to let Capcom know that akuma needs to be the first s2 character or no ones coming back to the game.

mbpm1

If you don't know how to approach zoning against necalli I feel bad for you lol.

stop throwing fireballs and not punishing slash

SSReborn

I'll hear makoto, but sakura? idk

Who doesn't want this tho?

sakura-dance-black2.gif~c200

Remove crush counters? Juggle systems like A3 or 3S? Naw man, I don't want any of that. Those older games still exist and can be played (and I like those games).

They just need to tweak what they have. I like the CC system.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure I just experienced an "offensive rage quit," where the player landed an EX SPD that would have killed me to proceed to round 3, but then 40002. It was Casual, though, so maybe it was just a funny disconnect.

Edit: Ha, faced him again. I'll just chalk the previous one to coincidence. Though I have had it happen before; seemingly from opponents wanting to prove a point.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't touched sharefactory ever, sorry. :/
No worries! Thought I'd give it a look seeing as 10sec gifs are a nice cheap way of sharing cool moments from this game in particular.

you can't copy the gif from twitter?

Twitter only seems to let you link to the Tweet. Seen people on here with gifs in their replies and wondering what's the quickest way to upload. There must be a simpler way than PS4 -> USB -> PC -> Imgur -> GAF...

Kashiwaba

Just bad, that's all. lol

This is my first day maining Juri though

GG tho
You were actually decent i would say just try to pay more attention to the other player and guard sometimes it feels like you're paying way too much attention to the combos, i asked about this cuz i thought your skill Level is higher than bronze league and GGs.

You were actually decent i would say just try to pay more attention to the other player and guard sometimes it feels like you're paying way too much attention to the combos, i asked about this cuz i thought your skill Level is higher than bronze league and GGs.

K thx for the tips. Guess I should try going ranked with Juri.

Those matches were super fun btw

yurinka

I think Capcom needs to appeal the hardcore in Season 2:

• Arcade mode
  • Episode 2 of the story mode
  • More characters: 2 free (Akuma+Sagat?) + 6 unlockable DLC characters
  • More stages, a couple of them free
  • More costumes and colors
  • Character editor where you can combine the head, skin, upper body part and lower body part of different purchased costume and color variations of a character to personalize your character in a controlled environment
  • Balance changes, maybe a gameplay system or AI/difficulty tweak
  • PS4 Pro patch: enhaced shadows, supersampling, 60fps background
  • PSVR mode: not for gameplay, something small like a character/background gallery
  • Gallery mode: unlock concept art, illustrations and songs for tiny amounts of FM
  • Season 2 pass, price cut for the Season 1 pass
  • Additional bundles for existing costumes, colors and stages
  • Reduced input lag
  • SFV Arcade Edition: relaunch of the game + Season 1 content + some of the Season 2 content at 29.99€ in retail and digital versions

• Arcade mode
  • Character editor where you can combine the head, skin, upper body part and lower body part of different purchased costume and color variations of a character to personalize your character in a controlled environment
  • PSVR mode: not for gameplay, something small like a character/background gallery
  • Gallery mode: unlock concept art, illustrations and songs for tiny amounts of FM
  • Reduced input lag
  • SFV Arcade Edition: relaunch of the game + Season 1 content + some of the Season 2 content at 29.99€ in retail and digital versions

Those all sound nice... though don't know if I agree with the costume hodgepodge. I'd be surprised if there were no PS Pro patch at some point.

I LOVE KI, just sold my Xbox 1 tho would have played ya.
I played the f2p version on W10 when it first came out and loved the game but I was REALLY daunted by the vast depth in all the characters, not to mention just how many of them there are.

I was already trying to git gud at SF5 but now that I've kinda gotten gud, I figured what the hell.

Though I believe it's crossbuy so if you have a PC with W10 that can run it, you can still play without having to buy anything else.

Marvel

could never
Yeah KI is deep af, very fun and interesting. Damn, I don't have a PC oh well. Scorpio next year.

Enjoy man.

Mœbius

Man, I'm glad people on forums don't get to implement design tweaks / changes and it's left to actual game designers. One of the biggest fallacies that exists in the FGC is the notion that being great at a game means that you can design a good game; this is just not true. If a game was designed by the best players in the world it would be a boring ass game.

Really the only changes SFV needs is quality of life changes (things like letting P2 choose rematch, continuing to improve netcode, fixing bugs, visual tweaks, adding characters etc.). All the rest of it is nonsense - they shouldn't be removing or significantly re-adjusting core gameplay mechanics / features like CC or reducing damage and stun.

"Really the only changes SFV needs is quality of life changes (things like letting P2 choose rematch, continuing to improve netcode, fixing bugs, visual tweaks, adding characters etc.). All the rest of it is nonsense - they shouldn't be removing or significantly re-adjusting core gameplay mechanics / features like CC or reducing damage and stun."

I'm almost in total agreement, but I'm down with nixxing anti-air jabs and anti-air heavies leading to juggle states. Make the game play more like its true predecessor.

ElFly

I don't know if the PS4Pro can pull off 60fps backgrounds

that seems a thing for the CPU and the PS4Pro doesn't have much of an upgrade on that side

Marvel

could never
I keep bumping into the same damn pc player every day in casual that does nothing but run away from me, I'm sick of him. Give me someone else.

I can't even message him lol.

Naarmight

• Arcade mode
  • Reduced input lag

Really strong list, and I agree with all apart from the character editor, I hate that in Tekken, it makes characters look like an utter mess. Though I get I may be in the minority on that one.

Also from Max he does make a good point about improving the matchmaking speed so if they could work on that as well, though it could be issues with the playerbase shrinking.

The other big thing is the UI, it needs a facelift, and the shop certainly needs more work, especially for viewing the costumes and colours.

.la1n

Really strong list, and I agree with all apart from the character editor, I hate that in Tekken, it makes characters look like an utter mess. Though I get I may be in the minority on that one.

Normally I'd agree but Capcom has done such a bang up job on making the characters look like ass on there own that I doubt allowing customization could make it much worse.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Also from Max he does make a good point about improving the matchmaking speed so if they could work on that as well, though it could be issues with the playerbase shrinking.
SF4 was so much faster and had a similar, if not smaller at the end, playerbase. Even now SF4 is faster. It must be possible to make it faster.

Marvel

could never
Only posting this not to be overly mean but because it's so rare that it happens for me.
hwyk54im

1 minute later...

yhzr8424

Mental dmg

Pompadour

Personally, I think the gameplay in SFV is fine aside from a few things that need tweaked but I don't see have selectable Critical Arts, V-Skills, and V-Triggers would change the depth of the game. It'll be just like Ultra Select in 4 and Super Art Select in 3: you pick the version of your character with the move that works better against your current opponent. If it's implemented well one of the two options would be the best one only 60% of the time.

Adding more mechanics that use V-Gauge and Super Gauge add more depth, in my opinion. And it would be a nice way to implement many of the moves that characters had in other Street Fighter games but not this one. But I've already detailed my ideas here so I'll skip it.

V-Skills, by far, are the #1 thing that needs to be adjusted. For some characters it feels akin to BlazBlue's Drive which informs the player how the character is supposed to play. For many other characters the V-Skill feels like a move they randomly assigned to MP+MK. V-Skills should be very different one another and, typically, should be more than just one move (aside from V-Skills like Parry which are good and unique enough).

I'm almost in total agreement, but I'm down with nixxing anti-air jabs and anti-air heavies leading to juggle states. Make the game play more like its true predecessor.

These are my primary gameplay changes, as well. The AA Jab stuff balances out the huge rewards for jump-ins but balanced does not equal fun. AAs should be medium risk/medium reward where anti-air Heavies leading into juggle state gives players that successfully read jump-ins a nice chunk of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom