• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Stands are great but it also creates a problem where half the episodes feel like filler since you get a new jobber every single episode. Story barely progresses during the first season of Part 3 and then you get the most disappointing ending in the Part 3 finale. Part 4 seems to be okay but its not Part 2 levels of good.

?????

Nothing about that is disappointing. All hype, all the time.

Zackat

Season pass was worth it. I saved up a ton of fight money. I'll probably buy the next one at FULL PRICE again. I like being able to buy all the stages and stuff with fight money.

Pompadour

Stands are great but it also creates a problem where half the episodes feel like filler since you get a new jobber every single episode. Story barely progresses during the first season of Part 3 and then you get the most disappointing ending in the Part 3 finale. Part 4 seems to be okay but its not Part 2 levels of good.

I think that comes from the length of future parts and not from the structure of the series. Part 3 is longer than Part 1 and Part 2 combined so there isn't a lot of time in the early Parts to spend on fights that don't involve the main antagonists. If Part 2 was as long as Part 3 there would plenty of minor villains with absurd powers that somehow was borne out of being a vampire.

Neoxon

Season pass was worth it. I saved up a ton of fight money. I'll probably buy the next one at FULL PRICE again. I like being able to buy all the stages and stuff with fight money.
Same here, the Season Pass was a life-saver in terms of Fight Money.

And you shouldn't. I totally regret it.

You should definitely get season pass if it's on sale.

People forget that every new character you get is also a source of more fight money.

Each character provides FM for completing their story, trials, survival, and leveling up. Season pass gives you SIX such characters.

(That's in addition to being able to train against them in training mode, and not get bodied when you run into them in competition.)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If I were jumping into the game for the first time and I was getting the base game for 20 or 30 bucks, a sub-15 dollar season pass would be a complete no brainer.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what you're doing to get ragequitters that often. I get one maybe every 5 hours of playing or so and then I mostly find it funny. Is it more prevalent at lower ranks?

Skilletor

Not sure what you're doing to get ragequitters that often. I get one maybe every 5 hours of playing or so and then I mostly find it funny. Is it more prevalent at lower ranks?

I've had one in the past week, and I've been playing quite a bit (yay semester winding down).

Sheroking

Nope, jerks still exist on earth, and Capcom didn't completely change the balance of the game days before Capcom Cup.

Shocking, I know.

Had hoped the changes to the ragequit system would have reduced the problem. Got three in a row.

I will never not bitch about anti-air jabs. Scrubby to the power of 10.

JayEH

Had hoped the changes to the ragequit system would have reduced the problem. Got three in a row.

I will never not bitch about anti-air jabs. Scrubby to the power of 10.

I don't like aa jabs either but you just got to stop jumping at a point.

The best thing is when a person tries to run away with your points and you get matched up with them in the next fight. You can almost hear their "oh sh**" in the match up screen.

Anti air jabs do like 30 damage and give you a pressure situation. I'd rather just have a real anti air that usually also gives you advantage anyway.

People are always bitching about anti air jabs. If they hit you 10 times out of the air that's still the same as messing up once and getting hit by a jump in combo. Which is why people still jump.

Skab

Thanks man, I'm so inspired to do better. I love gief and I've never contemplated dropping him. I really need to step up though.....

Funniest part was Kenjiru, he's basically trolling diamond rank ryu's with crouching jab.....ha ha..

Not just Ryu's, but Daigo.

Street Fighter V's Season Pass is on the Black Friday sale on Steam. It's going for a cool 25% off... seems a bit unfair considering how cheap the DLC has been going on PSN, but what are you going to do.

myco666

?????

Nothing about that is disappointing. All hype, all the time.

I wish it was hype but it wasn't for me. It had all the build up for being super hype but then it just ended. I literally said "that can't be it?" when the fight was over.

I think that comes from the length of future parts and not from the structure of the series. Part 3 is longer than Part 1 and Part 2 combined so there isn't a lot of time in the early Parts to spend on fights that don't involve the main antagonists. If Part 2 was as long as Part 3 there would plenty of minor villains with absurd powers that somehow was borne out of being a vampire.

Well it is lengthy due to the new structure. I don't see any benefit having all these jobber enemies who you barely remember after a week when they don't even really help with character growth. You could cut bunch of them and have much better show. Part 1 and 2 feel way better because they are not bloated with stuff that is basically 'filler'.

But enough with the JoJo talk.

Any EU players wanna play tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom