• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
On PC? Because there has never been any word of them fixing the online after they broke it by removing GFWL.

Like, you can't even SAVE without GFWL, let alone play online. The game is broken, unless there is some fan patch that fixed things that I am not aware of.

Yes on PC. The game still uses GFWL but it works which is weird because I do remember GFWL shutting down. I think I downloaded some update for it from the Xbox website. I'm not sure but it does work.

mbpm1

We're all expecting Akuma, so to say that the announcement will "betray everyone's expectations" is alarming.

This has to be some bullshit.

Remember this?

Back pre-Ultra SF4

Ono: Okay errybody, new character reveal at SCR!

Interviewer: Oh, is it the character Decapre? Everybody on the internet has anticipated her.

Ono [laughs]: Only four people on the internet have guessed the new character!

Internet: OMG! Is it Santamu? is it Haggar? Is it Oro?

Ono: Okay errybody, character trailer now!

It's fucking Decapre.

Audience: ...

Shadoken

Maybe he is getting a change and its a name change. So its not really "Akuma" , And they will reveal him as "Gouki" or maybe "Oni"?,Kinda Like what they did with Charlie Nash.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They've dropped the ball on announcements and just piloting a hype train SO MANY TIMES. You never know with them, really.

What's different now is that everything that was announced for SFV is out and they will have genuine surprises now.

JayEH

Maybe he is getting a change and its a name change. So its not really "Akuma" , And they will reveal him as "Gouki" or maybe "Oni"?,Kinda Like what they did with Charlie Nash.

Oni huh. Crapcom releasing banned characters now. Didn't they learn their lesson with the banned stages?

ArjanN

『Inaba Resident』;225340393 said:
Yes on PC. The game still uses GFWL but it works which is weird because I do remember GFWL shutting down. I think I downloaded some update for it from the Xbox website. I'm not sure but it does work.

GFWL still works, but the netcode in SFxT was terrible regardless of that, and no-one is playing it anymore anyway.

We're all expecting Akuma, so to say that the announcement will "betray everyone's expectations" is alarming.

Not really, I mean, since we already know Akuma is coming anyway, having it be something else actually means you get something on top of that.

I'll hazard a guess and say Tekken crossover, Heichachi probably.

Makes sense with the strict regulations bit as well, since they'd be dealing with Bandai Namco.

I think it's great that we're completely in the dark on this Akuma(?) thing. There's been no leaks or anything.

It's gonna make the announcement much more exciting, especially if it betrays our expectations in a good way.

Skab

『Inaba Resident』;225340393 said:

Interesting.

Did some searching around and it seems that the game simply does not come with a GFWL client that is compatible with windows 10, and might also not connect to the GFWL servers? Not sure about that last part 100%

But, there is a separate, updated GFWL download you get get that makes it work, which is what I assume you got.

So it works, but it requires some troubleshooting/uninstalling/reinstalling.

Now that I know this I might actually pick it up.

Marvel

could never
I keep forgetting Ono is like this.
E2Y4Hyk.jpg

Edzi

lol, I'm not even getting a chance to play against you guys. I'll just stick to Alex for now, switching to Urien always takes time for me to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom