• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all expecting Akuma, so to say that the announcement will "betray everyone's expectations" is alarming.

I'll give you a good tease - it's not that this isn't Akuma. It's that this likely isn't SFV they were showing. Read the wording of the interview and remember what the teaser trailer they showed. It didn't say Akuma, or that what they were showing was SFV content.

Considering how heavily involved Sony was with both the KOF14 revival and SFV, we could very well be looking at a Sony funded CvS3.

FluxWaveZ

I'll give you a good tease - it's not that this isn't Akuma. It's that this likely isn't SFV they were showing. Read the wording of the interview and remember what the teaser trailer they showed. It didn't say Akuma, or that what they were showing was SFV content.

Considering how heavily involved Sony was with both the KOF14 revival and SFV, we could very well be looking at a Sony funded CvS3.

Not happening. Not now. You think with the bad reputation Street Fighter V has been having and the fact that the game still isn't totally in control that they'd announce a new fighting game like that?

I assume flamingyogabeard was you.

Good matches, it seems we are both learning the match up as we go, we were both improving. Good stuff.
Correct.

Fun fights. There was a hint of rollback on my end (without it being detrimental mind you) and it took me a little while to get into the swing of things as you may have noticed by my spotty execution, but for what it's worth you had sufficient knowledge about the match-up contrary to your beliefs. Nothing I can really add that you ought to have done differently save for maybe more Moonsault Slashes / Inverted Flashkicks at certain intervals; recall those being safe on block against Dhalsim if he's not anti-airing well, but don't quote me on it. Bottom line though: you played the neutral game well and gave me a hard time up-close, so you were all-around solid in the match-up from what I could tell.

TFW when I dropped the decisive corner KO in the first match of the last set however...

Not happening. Not now. You think with the bad reputation Street Fighter V has been having and the fact that the game still isn't totally in control that they'd announce a new fighting game like that?

Personally, I don't think what's going to be announced is CVS3. My prediction is actually more unbelievable at this point. In fact, if it werent for a certain something, I'd never in a million years think this game is being announced.

Don't forget one thing though - when Capcom first announced CFN and the structure for CPT with SFV going forward, they specifically indicated that the systems were not being built to cater to one game exclusively. They have/had full intention to support another title.

Also, SFV is close to turning the corner. It won't attract that mass market casual audience they lost, but I fully believe that the announcement of their season 2 and year 2 content and revision to the game will be the catalyst by which they rebuild the franchise's reputation. Like Kyle Bowman said, people love a good comeback story, and several games have come back from shoddy launches (CS:GO, R6:Siege).

JayEH

as much as i would like it...nah...too soon. They won't have a playable version of another fighter already while we're still waiting for SFV to finish.

FluxWaveZ

You forget - Capcom makes more than 1 type of fighter. ;-)

Believe.

What I believe is that a lot of people feel burned by SFV. A lot of people are hoping that SFV continues to improve. A lot of people have a lot of doubts when it comes to Capcom and fighting games moving forward because of SFV. And if another fighting game were to be announced so soon after SFV's release—while it's in its current state—it would be extremely detrimental to both SFV and that game.

Guess I could play Bison.

Seen the pass on sale and was thinkin bout grabbin the game finally.

Gameplay wise I would say FANG is probably closer to Blanka... more shenanigan based. He's a charge character, has coward crouch, a command dash that crosses up... a seasoned Blanka player should be right at home with him.

Csr

Correct.

Fun fights. There was a hint of rollback on my end (without it being detrimental mind you) and it took me a little while to get into the swing of things as you may have noticed by my spotty execution, but for what it's worth you had sufficient knowledge about the match-up contrary to your beliefs. Nothing I can really add that you ought to have done differently save for maybe more Moonsault Slashes / Inverted Flashkicks at certain intervals; recall those being safe on block against Dhalsim if he's not anti-airing well, but don't quote me on it. Bottom line though: you played the neutral game well and gave me a hard time up-close, so you were all-around solid in the match-up from what I could tell.

TFW when I dropped the decisive corner KO in the first match of the last set however...

I had a few rollbacks but overall it was pretty good for me. I have a general idea of the match up mostly from watching tournaments but I don't have a clear gameplan in mind. I feel Nash's standard zoning gameplan doesn't really work against sim or maybe i am doing something wrong.

On block Moonassault is plus for Nash, from the distance where i would use one sims usually throw the normal fireball because they can't reach me with limps and from closer distances jump ins are better. The normal fireball antiairs me so i avoid using them. They are good for catching sims who vskill or go the air a lot but you were mostly grounded.

I did notice your execution getting a lot better as we played. Losing the finishing combo and then losing the round from an opponent with a pixel of health sucks, i know the feeling.

I hope we get the chance to play again.

HardRojo

Edzi

Just rewatched the trailer and technically SFV is never mentioned in it. Fuck, I don't want to believe they're playing us, I mean, they know they're in no position to troll fans lol, let alone the mainstream audience with a popular character. It has to be Ono trolling, we're a week away so I'll just patiently wait.

They played the teaser at an SFV event. You guys are overthinking this.

Csr

They could be teasing the new arcade mode and it's story with Shin Akuma as the boss but he may not be balanced yet to be playable.

Playing the arcade mode would be something people at psx "experience" as Ono said.

We know arcade mode is coming and i don't think creating something else for people to "experience" is realistic given how slowly Capcom has been adding things to the game and how many improvements the game still needs.

HardRojo

They played the teaser at an SFV event. You guys are overthinking this.

I know lol, my paranoid self took over for a while. I'm expecting big stuff from PSX, it's the final event of the year after all and there will be a lot of people watching it.

Zapages

Come on guys... The stage is the same one from Ryu's Concept Art but destroyed.

Fixed building/stage on will be 40000 FIght money just like the Halloween/Zangief's ring stage and day/night Kaizuki Stage.

It'll be SFV in some fashion either:

End Boss fight
DLC or Free Character

But its definitely looks like it to be SFV.

SFV-Character-Art-Ryu.png

Of all the things Wolfkrone does that you should be mad about, rage quitting online is pretty low on the list. People don't even let him into his local scene anymore.

Shadoken

Lol it's 99% gonna be Boss mode Akuma so that you can "Experience" the Shun Goku Satsu. If he is actually
Not Playable. CvS3 or some other new game is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

What I believe is that a lot of people feel burned by SFV. A lot of people are hoping that SFV continues to improve. A lot of people have a lot of doubts when it comes to Capcom and fighting games moving forward because of SFV. And if another fighting game were to be announced so soon after SFV's release—while it's in its current state—it would be extremely detrimental to both SFV and that game.

A lot of people were/are burned by SFV, and they can still update and add to the game while introducing another fighting game that doesn't encroach on SF gameplay.

SFV can and has been getting fixed. What it now needs is the last of the more egregious missing features, and a big reveal for those features plus future plans for the title moving forward. Having said all that, another game could still be announced, particularly if it were something on the level of Marvel 4, whose gameplay has traditionally offered something different than the typical SF gameplay, while also featuring the Marvel roster to pull in non-traditional fans.

eggandI

Banned

image6rso4.png

It'd be interesting to do a tourney based on league. All the Bronzes in one, Silvers in another, Golds in another, and then Platinum+ in another.

Anybody remember how I did a USF4 tournament at the beginning of the year with the prize being a SFV season pass? I actually wanted to do another one next year. But I wanted to do 2 different tournaments. One for Platinums and above and one for Ultra Golds and below. That will still have a pretty wide range of players, but give me a break I'm not going to pay for 3 or more season passes.

Look for it next year if you're interested guys.

Edzi

Anybody remember how I did a USF4 tournament at the beginning of the year with the prize being a SFV season pass? I actually wanted to do another one next year. But I wanted to do 2 different tournaments. One for Platinums and above and one for Ultra Golds and below. That will still have a pretty wide range of players, but give me a break I'm not going to pay for 3 or more season passes.

Look for it next year if you're interested guys.

The skill gap between Bronze and Gold is pretty massive, so I dunno if that would really work.

Do we even have numbers that can fill a tournament?

I'd gladly host lobbies and stream them. Can have weekly showdowns, but do we have people that want to even do that?

The skill gap between Bronze and Gold is pretty massive, so I dunno if that would really work.

I'm aware of that, I'm at Ultra Gold myself and know their is a large the gap between me and a beginner who is still trying to reach Silver or Super Silver. I'm willing to put up two Season passes personally. But if someone donated another one or two we can make it more even.

In the end it's a free tournament so nobody has anything to lose. I just wanted to include a prize so that the tournament would have something on the line other than just bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom