• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gladly put up a prize, a season 2 pass or something if we can get some engagement. A lot more people have the ability to present to others as well, feels like a shame that this thread is a bit of a whimper, personally think we should have more of a presence.

Capcom doesn't even have the resources for one fighting game

Trying for two is suicidal

I'm sure they'd make resources, but one would surely suffer. If they just dedicated to SFV for the next 5 years I'd be fine with that. Throw a mix of DLC from they're other franchises in, like Darkstalkers Halloween costumes. Tho they already, kinda, missed the boat with that.

I'm going to host a lobby at 8pm GMT.

My pc CFN - efeman
Playstation - efshavin

Will post later which one will host it. Let's just get some people in, forget showing off your sick skrillz, just kick it, mash dp and wake up super.

myco666

Tournament sounds great but I guess we would need different tournaments for US and EU players since I doubt all EU players and all US players could get good connections with each other. Would there even be enough EU participants to do a EU only tournament?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Now that people mention it...it IS weird how nothing says SFV in that teaser.

I love me a good conspiracy. Keep 'em coming

Marvel

could never
It'd be interesting to do a tourney based on league. All the Bronzes in one, Silvers in another, Golds in another, and then Platinum+ in another.
I'd love this.

I'm going to host a lobby at 8pm GMT.

My pc CFN - efeman
Playstation - efshavin

Will post later which one will host it. Let's just get some people in, forget showing off your sick skrillz, just kick it, mash dp and wake up super.

This sounds great, I will join you gladly tonight.

CFN: Grandpa
PSN:Assassio

Marvel

could never
As Alex I have great difficulty in stopping Laura's light buttons, if I do not AA her on jump in I'm fucked.

They sporadically press lp, crlp and lk's and it blows me up big time. If I wait too long for my turn I get command grabbed, gah.

As Alex I have great difficulty in stopping Laura's light buttons, if I do not AA her on jump in I'm fucked.

They sporadically press lp, crlp and lk's and it blows me up big time. If I wait too long for my turn I get command grabbed, gah.

Yah pretty much gotta use your meter to get our of her pressure, whether v-reversal or ex elbow. I dont like the Laura matchup either.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hope these sales bring in more players. i am tired of logging in every now and then and getting bodied. i want to occasionally body someone like during the good old days of sf4

I was having trouble against Vega as Urien until I realized how good St.MP was against him. Knocked him out of like seven rolls.

hope these sales bring in more players. i am tired of logging in every now and then and getting bodied. i want to occasionally body someone like during the good old days of sf4

Not gonna happen. There are new players all over the place (I should know, I'm stuck in Super Bronze hell), but it's easier to level up in this game over SF4.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Your problem isn't the player pool, it's that you're only logging in now and then. Improvement requires playtime.

(It might also be the player pool)

Neoxon

Your problem isn't the player pool, it's that you're only logging in now and then. Improvement requires playtime.

(It might also be the player pool)
I've been kinda out of the practice pattern due to school, theatre, & work. Hopefully I can put the time in to improve my Urien during the break.

It'd be interesting to do a tourney based on league. All the Bronzes in one, Silvers in another, Golds in another, and then Platinum+ in another.

Anybody remember how I did a USF4 tournament at the beginning of the year with the prize being a SFV season pass? I actually wanted to do another one next year. But I wanted to do 2 different tournaments. One for Platinums and above and one for Ultra Golds and below. That will still have a pretty wide range of players, but give me a break I'm not going to pay for 3 or more season passes.

Look for it next year if you're interested guys.
I think the problem with that is there are some people that don't play ranked.

lupinko

Okay I just rebought SFV digital due to the sale. I also rebought Revelator due to the sale as well. This was just because I'm awfully lazy and want to be able to switch games on the fly. So KOFXIV will be my default disc.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

The facial resemblance is impressive. Maybe this guy should fix Ken.

edit: maybe not entirely perfect

WzAbzh7.jpg

GuileBootCamp is mopping the floor with me, right now.

Ggs. It's a rough matchup for Urien. Guile wins the fireball war, and they go fairly even in the footsies game. Urien's Aegis doesn't neutralize Guile's fireball game as badly as it does against other characters, either, thanks to Guile's recovery and ability to bait with V-Skill. The only time Urien really has a strong advantage is if Guile is in the corner, so you wanna keep him pinned there as much as possible, mostly with f.MP into overhead/throw mixups. Urien's b.HK is really good in footsies, too, especially against Guile's b.MK.

So basically, you're in the Guile Boot Camp right now?

Sorry, that joke just needed to be made.

I got this name because years ago a friend of mine couldn't settle on a main and wanted me to keep taking characters to "Guile Boot Camp" so he could see who sticks, so it became kind of a running joke. :)

ElFly

Well it only works on standing opponents so it's not like it's free every time it connects. Although the idea of purposefully whiffing it and going for a throw or counter hitting your opponent who reacts late to it is an idea I've entertained.

but that's the thing; if the opponent is crouching the double med punch gives you soooo much time to react

Edzi

The fact that Guiles upsidedown kick is throw invincible makes him stupidly scary up close. That mixup potential alone is what's killing me, and it's even safe on block.

Mr. X

The fact that Guiles upsidedown kick is throw invincible makes him stupidly scary up close. That mixup potential alone is what's killing me, and it's even safe on block.
It's -1 and his fastest normal is 4f so every character can beat it. He has to block unless he has enough to charge an ex flash kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom