• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

It's -1 and his fastest normal is 4f so every character can beat it. He has to block unless he has enough to charge an ex flash kick.

The issue isn't just the normal, it's that he can walk up and I have to guess between CC/UDK or grab, and I tend to go for the grab tech. My reactions aren't good enough to reliably punish on startup, so maybe I should just mash jab more lol.

The fact that Guiles upsidedown kick is throw invincible makes him stupidly scary up close. That mixup potential alone is what's killing me, and it's even safe on block.

Your Alex is really tough to zone because your jump timing/spacing and your reactions with headbutts and EX elbows are so good. He's pretty intimidating if he has any room at all to breathe.

Edzi

Your Alex is really tough to zone because your jump timing/spacing and your reactions with headbutts and EX elbows are so good. He's pretty intimidating if he has any room at all to breathe.

That's the secret to Alex though, just get close, knock him down, and win. I just dunno how to approach Guile, since he seems so good up close and full screen.

That Cross Counter Laura tho

Zeh9xjv.jpg

Edzi

GGs man, I think I should stop. Been on tilt since you came back in the first set. lol at my utter weakness to throw mixups.

GGs man, I think I should stop. Been on tilt since you came back in the first set. lol at my utter weakness to throw mixups.

Ggs. I had to change things up to stand a chance that first set because my usual way of laming Alex out wasn't working on you. Had me a little shook those first couple matches.

Edzi

Ggs. I had to change things up to stand a chance that first set because my usual way of laming Alex out wasn't working on you. Had me a little shook those first couple matches.

Yeah, honestly I need to figure out how to deal with the throw pressure because I tend to lose most long sets because of it. I just don't know what to do though aside from magically developing godlike reactions. I'm starting to think it's better to just never try and tech throws.

Yeah, honestly I need to figure out how to deal with the throw pressure because I tend to lose most long sets because of it. I just don't know what to do though aside from magically developing godlike reactions. I'm starting to think it's better to just never try and tech throws.

I think that's just the inherent bullshit of this game. Generally it is better not to tech the throws unless you have a really solid read because you'll take less damage from the throw, generally. The downside is it usually resets the guessing game.

I think this game could really use something like the SFA rolls...maybe a forward roll on wakeup with f+3P that's fully invincible to strikes and normal throws for a decent number of frames at the cost of a bar of V-Meter, and moves you to about half-screen.

So the December 3rd announcement will be in the morning for us US boys? Guess I'm staying up.

I regularly blow 3 bars out of desperation when trying to close out a tough round. It's a horrid habit but when it pays off the sense of frustration I get from the opponent is palpable.

"Oh shit he's almost dead better throw out two ex tackles because why not"

DD-11

I think that's just the inherent bullshit of this game. Generally it is better not to tech the throws unless you have a really solid read because you'll take less damage from the throw, generally. The downside is it usually resets the guessing game.

I think this game could really use something like the SFA rolls...maybe a forward roll on wakeup with f+3P that's fully invincible to strikes and normal throws for a decent number of frames at the cost of a bar of V-Meter, and moves you to about half-screen.

Agreed, I also hate the wakeup guessing game. I previously suggested that if the player waking up techs a throw, they get frame advantage. That way you risk losing offence momentum if you get teched

Neoxon

Ggs. It's a rough matchup for Urien. Guile wins the fireball war, and they go fairly even in the footsies game. Urien's Aegis doesn't neutralize Guile's fireball game as badly as it does against other characters, either, thanks to Guile's recovery and ability to bait with V-Skill. The only time Urien really has a strong advantage is if Guile is in the corner, so you wanna keep him pinned there as much as possible, mostly with f.MP into overhead/throw mixups. Urien's b.HK is really good in footsies, too, especially against Guile's b.MK.
I think I caught on with the f.MP thing halfway into our sets & the b.HK thing near the end. But yeah, you were able to shut down everything I threw at you. I'm not sure if it was your skill, Urien's bad match-up, or both.

Agreed, I also hate the wakeup guessing game. I previously suggested that if the player waking up techs a throw, they get frame advantage. That way you risk losing offence momentum if you get teched

I'd be in favor of slight frame advantage when getting a tech in general, just because of how risky it is in this game.

Whales

Banned
woa, there seems to be a fuckton more people posting in this thread now ever since its on the general board

also, fuck finals. I kinda feel like playing SF rn but I just dont have the time to :/

Zackat

here's the artist page but there's no link to download
http://brutalace.deviantart.com/gallery/

exclusive commission for the cross counter squad?
Aww man. That is a cool mod. Hopefully they share, for the holiday spirit or whatever...
woa, there seems to be a fuckton more people posting in this thread now ever since its on the general board

also, fuck finals. I kinda feel like playing SF rn but I just dont have the time to :/

Hopefully we stay on gaming board at least until PSX is done. I hope capcom bringing their A game.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Well, just won my first (actually second) online tournament, the SF Reddit EU Beginners Tournament which had 11 winners from several other tourneys made throughout the season, like the CPT itself.

It was really fun and I learned a lot in it, I suggest anyone who is new to the game or needs tips to join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/PknK9br

Here's the channel where the tourneys usually are streamed - https://www.twitch.tv/sfdiscord

latest

Neoxon

Well, just won my first (actually second) online tournament, the SF Reddit EU Beginners Tournament which had 11 winners from several other tourneys made throughout the season, like the CPT itself.

It was really fun and I learned a lot in it, I suggest anyone who is new to the game or needs tips to join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/PknK9br

Here's the channel where the tourneys usually are streamed - https://www.twitch.tv/sfdiscord

latest
Congrats, man!

Good shit. I have yet to play in a SF5 tourney.
Feels bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom