• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it seems to have gone back to normal now. The first couple were rough.

EDIT: Lame, seems like you DCed. I think I'll take a break now anyway, gotta get ready for dinner.
Yup not sure what the fuck happened. My game just kinda froze at the versus screen so I had to close the app.

EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL YOU CAME ALONG EDZI! Jk. I'm probably gonna eat soon as well.

I'll just blame Thanksgiving in general.

Village

xHECZx is fixing Ken's shitty hair.

c3_with_new_hair_preview_test_by_xheczx-dalrnwk.png

I'm using that mod right now

Let me tell, you its the best
He looks clean as fuck, got the shades and the Nike's

Edzi

I think it's different. But he looks different from every angle and in every lighting condition so who knows.

Anyone else having terrible connections tonight?

I'm pretty sure it's the same. I remember the top left frame from the story mode and his face looks identical. People have pointed out before that Ken's actual face model looks fine, it's the angles/lighting and hair that really make it weird.

EDIT: Just saw that thread about SFV support until 2020, and wow. People irrationally hating this game has gone from infuriating to straight up pathetic.

I am pretty sure they are the same people.

Wouldn't be surprised!

I'll browse kappa for the fgc drama, but anytime SFV comes up it's a bunch of dudes screaming about how bad it is.

Just...
Like....
Here....

Hmmm

At least here we use sales to cal SFV dead and not hyperbole.

Yo CSR / Casshern, I'll play you next time. Little out of it today and I'm watching replays whilst waiting for someone else, so I'll send an invite to continue the sparring sessions another day.

I'm pretty sure it's the same. I remember the top left frame from the story mode and his face looks identical. People have pointed out before that Ken's actual face model looks fine, it's the angles/lighting and hair that really make it weird.
There's a couple of minor edits to his face too, as per the creator:

FluxWaveZ

How the hell are you supposed to get in on Guile?

I jump booms and just get flash kicked

That's what I love playing as him, and I feel like I'll get to a point where I'm far more comfortable with Guile than with Balrog (I kinda already am).

If the Guile is on point, the opponent gets more and more visibly flustered. And then it gets even easier to predict their patterns and defend against them. It feels nice to just be a wall.

Basically, you have to predict his boom patterns and jump preemptively right as he's throwing one out. The easiest way to close the gap.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that his normal face just with lighter skin?

There's a couple of minor edits to his face too, as per the creator:

Oh wow, didn't realise there were so few tweaks to his face. The whitening helps, but I can see how lighting/angle is affecting it.

Starting to think it's the select screen expression that's causing the most harm. Maybe he should just keep his mouth shut...

How the hell are you supposed to get in on Guile?

I jump booms and just get flash kicked

Played a couple of decent Guiles this morning and share your pain.
As Flux says, you just gotta try to be less predictable and not lose your cool.
Neutral jump some booms to throw off their timing, and keep an eye out for tells/patterns.
For example, a lot of people tend to throw out a minimum of 2 with every exchange, so learn to look for that and get the jump in.

Who do you use specifically? Obviously a lot of it depends on the tools your character has.

Csr

Yo CSR / Casshern, I'll play you next time. Little out of it today and I'm watching replays whilst waiting for someone else, so I'll send an invite to continue the sparring sessions another day.

Sure no problem.

Does anyone know how to do the Special Move Sensation challenge?

I just played a vs cpu match on kanzuki estate at night and i completed the challenge, not sure exactly what you are supposed to do though.

I'm back baby. I somehow got my original account back so I don't have to grind back to platinum again. I'm also gonna start playing again to build up to my main character Akuma, and I'm also determined to get to Diamond finally (I know, chump who never got to Diamond). Get at me @PSN/CFN: Bar_bar12 for some good games with me. I use Nash and am pretty good at this game :)

VariantX

Just went ahead and bought the season pass for SFV since its only $14.99 right now. I can save the rest of my remaining 400K FM for stages that way.

JayEH

finally got the 1 million FM trophy thanks to the challenges. now if i could just beat extreme survival lol.

Figured out some EX Fireball tech with Urien, ~360 damage for one bar:

1jQJ4V.gif

You can actually loop 6MP xx EX Fireball three times and end it with sMK xx V-Trigger, but the last 6MP is HARD AS FUCK to link. Like I only got it twice out of ~50 tries hard. I think you have to walk forward for like 1 frame or some shit.

Anyway EX Fireball at max 6MP range seems to be +8.

FluxWaveZ

finally got the 1 million FM trophy thanks to the challenges. now if i could just beat extreme survival lol.

What's left for me is the trophy for looking at replays, favoriting players (or something) and Extreme survival. Don't really feel like torturing myself with the last one.

Hey guys I have a quick question I need help with. Im planning to buy Street Fighter Digital Deluxe Edition, but I already own the physical version. In that time I owned the physical version I purchased Guile, Ibuki, and Balrog using FM.

If I were to get the Deluxe Edition would that refund me the FM I used to purchase those characters or would it be lost?

Zackat

Hey guys I have a quick question I need help with. Im planning to buy Street Fighter Digital Deluxe Edition, but I already own the physical version. In that time I owned the physical version I purchased Guile, Ibuki, and Balrog using FM.

If I were to get the Deluxe Edition would that refund me the FM I used to purchase those characters or would it be lost?

it's gone. you just need to choose if 3 characters is worth the price of the upgrade. Oh and the costumes, if those interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom