• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a quick question I need help with. Im planning to buy Street Fighter Digital Deluxe Edition, but I already own the physical version. In that time I owned the physical version I purchased Guile, Ibuki, and Balrog using FM.

If I were to get the Deluxe Edition would that refund me the FM I used to purchase those characters or would it be lost?
It would be lost. Sadly that is one shitty part of the season pass.

RedAssedApe

Banned
xHECZx is fixing Ken's shitty hair.

c3_with_new_hair_preview_test_by_xheczx-dalrnwk.png

He looks like Bob from tekken. It's not just the hair that looks bad. That costume is just not flattering on him. Adding extra layers just makes him look fat.

Off topic but I want to thank you guys for getting me into JoJo. It's a really fun show and I'm quite enjoying it. Watched the english dub and it was better than I expected but I checked out the japanese version and it's perfectly fine too so I'm just gonna watch that since it'll be a long while before the english dub catches up.

Mizerman

Off topic but I want to thank you guys for getting me into JoJo. It's a really fun show and I'm quite enjoying it. Watched the english dub and it was better than I expected but I checked out the japanese version and it's perfectly fine too so I'm just gonna watch that since it'll be a long while before the english dub catches up.

You will not regret it.

smurfx

get some go again
finally bought another ps4 and street fighter 5. can finally get into the game after waiting for nearly a year. -_- so far behind now. i barely even watched game footage.

As I said before, get whoever did Urien's model to work on the other male characters. With the exaggerated musculature of the game, baggy clothes generally do not look right and make the models look chunky.

Some of the male characters need to have their base models refined a bit and then build from there.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How would SFV ever get out of this weird hate perception? Not like it's all based on facts, so fixing problems and adding characters would barely help. It's seriously hurting the game.

Also, I'm glad we got the obligatory 3s post.

How would SFV ever get out of this weird hate perception? Not like it's all based on facts, so fixing problems and adding characters would barely help. It's seriously hurting the game.

Also, I'm glad we got the obligatory 3s post.

Lmaoooo that post.

Really there's no way of getting out of that but honestly at this point I'm betting on it being a vocal minority when it comes to the more extreme statements.

SSReborn

Lmaoooo that post.

Really there's no way of getting out of that but honestly at this point I'm betting on it being a vocal minority when it comes to the more extreme statements.
I mean it's not impossible Driveclub did it. But it requires a lot of goodwill content being given and a lot of issues being fixed. People can't turn on their game months later and have some of the same issues. It's really up to whether Capcom is capable of fixing some of the glaring ones.

SSReborn

I'm really not sure Driveclub ever got over its release perception.

Maybe they have to do a re-release (something Driveclub never did) just to get a new round of reviews and a fresh set of eyes on the game after they've actually done the work.
I feel like with that game if you go in the threads related to it now you don't see them being super negative like when it launched its mostly praise. Driveclub was different in it actually just faded into irrelevancy; which is something I doubt will happen with SFV regardless of how much people want that to happen.

A re-release would be smart in the "re-review" sense but I'm not sure if it would rekindle hype or respark sales, fact is there is just a lot of competition in the fighting game genre and people will likely just keep moving forward.

Hopefully they just keep providing seasons and the necessary updates and keep their current fan base happy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Casuals do move on, but SFV is just way above any other fighting game in terms of activity (except Smash). Like, I follow other games on Twitch and KOFXIV is often in the single digit of viewers (5 people watching right now). MKX, KI and GG are only slightly better.

The future releases aren't too scary either. Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is basically it, right?
I think a good bang-for-your-buck release including maybe another story mode chapter would be attractive. If they finally adress many quality issues that is. I'll wait for december.

HardRojo

The game needs to be re-released in some way once most major and minor issues have been addressed, along with a small humbling marketing push to get positive word of mouth going.

Stream numbers are usually better looked at through tournaments, and SFV is and will always have the lion's share besides Smash.

But, as people have said, they should push out a rerelease. Beyond some QoL and SP mode stuff, (and tweaking the netcode just a bit more with some additional FM adjustments and fixing things like Survival Mode), there isn't much to correct for the casual side. And adjusting the V Skillz will draw in even more of a viewership as well.

Home stretch, Capcom. Let's go.

jett

D-Member
I think there's been an influx of newbies. Playing A LOT of bronze Ryus, quickly making my way back to silver status lol. I figure once I get there I'll go back to getting destroyed though.

I think there's been an influx of newbies. Playing A LOT of bronze Ryus, quickly making my way back to silver status lol. I figure once I get there I'll go back to getting destroyed though.

Of course there has, the game's on sale on PC,PSN and physical.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell are you supposed to get in on Guile?

I jump booms and just get flash kicked
Bulldog your way forward, keep an eye out for his charge stage (standing up -> no flashkick charge, moving forward -> no boom charge) and mix-up jumps, buttons and dashes. Your overall plan should also be to get him into the corner, which can happen pretty quickly with him.

Everything else depends on your character.

Pompadour

What's the special move sensation?

I think you need to do a special move when the three ninjas glide down the wire in the background of Kanzuki Estate (they are very hard to see). They come out when you do a combo but I'm not sure how to get all three of them at once.

They do seem to pop up more in the 3rd round. I finished the match in the 3rd with a special move and all three popped up then but I can't say that's what triggered the reward.

Kashiwaba

That's sweeping the nation?

EDIT - oh the new challenges

I think you need to do a special move when the three ninjas glide down the wire in the background of Kanzuki Estate (they are very hard to see). They come out when you do a combo but I'm not sure how to get all three of them at once.

They do seem to pop up more in the 3rd round. I finished the match in the 3rd with a special move and all three popped up then but I can't say that's what triggered the reward.

Just got it thanks :)

vg260

I didn't pay much attention to the ninja timing, but just did a bunch of special moves vs CPU all over the stage, made sure to lose one round so I got more in, and it popped.

Marvel

could never
Damn, I don't know how to deal with a Ryu that only throws fb and then uppercuts. How do I crack that defense as Ken?

When I would catch up somehow, he ran to the over corner to do it all again. Couldn't stay close to him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I don't know how to deal with a Ryu that only throws fb and then uppercuts. How do I crack that defense as Ken?

When I would catch up somehow, he ran to the over corner to do it all again. Couldn't stay close to him.
Well, don't let him get out of the corner then

LakeEarth

If you got him cornered and he got away from you, note what he did to get out and take advantage of it the next time you get him cornered. If he jumped over you, then be less aggressive next time and be in the right position to SRK him out of the air.

Also, while I haven't seen you play, it's always important to note that you don't go for the cross-up when you have people cornered. Lots of people have it in their muscle memory to cross people up because it works, but you're giving up ALL your positioning for it and if he blocks it right, well now you're in the corner.

Also, if someone is always chucking fireballs, don't always jump forward over it. Neutral jumping fireballs is important, because he can't immediately throw a fireball afterwards, he has to wait until the first fireball leaves the screen so you can move forward a little bit. Throw fireballs back, block a few, make it so that he can't rely on the same timing for all his fireballs so he has to think a little bit.

Marvel

could never
Ah yes, I do tend to try a cross-up in the corner too often. Always kick myself for putting myself in that corner after. Tough habbit to break but I'm I'm working on it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225418256]
KOm3YY.gif
[/QUOTE]

Ah, added to the big pile of Urien combos I can never pull off in the heat of battle. Looks boss as fuck though.

After my real bad meltdown the other day, I decided to try again with very basic goals in mind. I picked up Necalli, tried playing a bunch, and came to the conclusion that there might be something wrong with my TV. It would explain why I never can block cross-ups even through I'm pressing the correct direction and why I can't land tighter links.

It's a much older TV and there have been some major issues with it recently. Very susceptible to burn in (and quickly now) and some issues with blacks. I think it's dying and it could be impacting my game.

Pompadour

It's very odd that the narrative of Street Fighter V on GAF is that the game is dead and it won't make it past season 2 but when a thread pops up about Ono saying their current roadmap extends to the end of 2020 it changes to "Capcom is stupid for continuing to support this game and they need to kill it so they can immediately start working on SFVI."

Mizerman

It's very odd that the narrative of Street Fighter V on GAF is that the game is dead and it won't make it past season 2 but when a thread pops up about Ono saying their current roadmap extends to the end of 2020 it changes to "Capcom is stupid for continuing to support this game and they need to kill it so they can immediately start working on SFVI."

Because some people have skewed priorities.

Neoxon

GAF's narrative isn't far off from EventHubs' or /r/Kappa's. I get having legitimate gripes about the game's current state, but this is on another level.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I would argue that this (GAF's) is the general perception of SFV, just from listening to different podcasts and reading general gaming site comments. It's got Driveclub syndrome.

Marvel

could never
That's an easy thing you can work on! Set the dummy to a mix of nothing, fireball and jumps and just beat it all!

You also have EX tatsu to get in as Ken.
Damn right!

Haha, I'm so inconsistent man as a player. One set I'll dominate then the next I get perfected.

Pompadour

GAF's narrative isn't far off from EventHubs' or /r/Kappa's. I get having legitimate gripes about the game's current state, but this is on another level.

I would argue that this (GAF's) is the general perception of SFV, just from listening to different podcasts and reading general gaming site comments. It's got Driveclub syndrome.

I'm fine with the narrative that Street Fighter V was a massive fuck-up (because it was) but I don't understand why people who aren't interested in the game cares that it will continue to be supported. This is reaffirming to me that there is a lot of people invested in Street Fighter V failing and that the fact that it's planned to be supported for years to come pisses them off. They shouldn't care and/or if they were Street Fighter fans they should be happy that the game might turn around because it might become something they enjoy (if they ever were going to enjoy it).

This is like a restaurant overcooking their steak, them sending it back, and then they bring them a new steak cooked to their desired temperature and they say "fuck you, you had your chance."

Neoxon

If KI can get 3 years of support, SFV can easily get the same.
Ono basically said support until 2020, which would equate to 5 seasons (counting this season). It does line up with Ono's pre-launch statements about long-term support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom