• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, thank you for this post. I felt like I was taking crazy pills and was the only one who remembered how much SF4 was loathed by the community until about the time USF4 came out.

I'll take it one step further...

Before SF4 came out, people hated 3S because it wasn't ST, lol.

The minute SF4 came out, 3S became DA GAWD.

Like clockwork.

You even see people stanning for SFxT now (as they should, because it's amazing), even though they treated it like the plague for 5 years.

I think it's fine if we get trailer stuff at PSX and actual gameplay demos at Capcom Cup.

I feel like, you don't want to necessarily undermine Capcom Cup with too many announcements for SFV. I think you get on stage, talk about your Year 2 plans and when you intend on starting it, talk about the big things you're adding into the game, and say when you are going to be talking about balance changes for the game.

Like, they aren't gonna get on stage and be like - "Input delay is going to be 4.5 frames from now on; AA jabs/short are now beat by jump-in attacks". That would just undermine the fuck out of the tournament. You save the balance change talks for about a month or so before the game launches, probably do a beta for it around then too.

The ideal scenario is they get on stage, talk about content that is coming in year 2 that isn't balance changes, and they talk about any new products they're going to be releasing or whatever.

Like clockwork.

0.jpg

Marvel

could never
Regrding buffs honestly right now all I can think of that would help my game a bit is for Alex's Stomp EX or standard to cross-up.

And maybe make Bisons downfoward HP an overhead, it's start-up can be seen a mile away and takes 5 minutes to connect lol.

JayEH

only two things I really want for Balrog. Ex upper to have 1 frame armor and v reversal to not suck balls. everything else about him is perfect but i'm always afraid he will get Dee jay'd :(

I'm not going to respond to everyone in this thread cause thats a lot.

It actually makes me really sad that I don't enjoy SF5, because I love love love Street Fighter.
this is a vanilla version check back after major updates...

Your circle of friends aren't the official judge on quality and there were tons of threads talking about fixing SF4 and SF3 what are you talking about? Again you haven't been to every local SF scene in the world, your just using anecdotal evidence to support your view.

Why is it so difficult for people to accept that many others enjoy something you don't? Like get over yourself. There's no deeper understanding going on, you just don't like it for whatever reasons, but there plenty of people that do.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZRKICSEq8
With bonus Triforce

And here's Daigo about SF4 in 2009:
"One of the things I don't like about the game is grappling and throw defense. It's just too easy. I've never liked this system since its introduction. It's like a clinch in boxing. When you come to watch a boxing match, you don't want to see two players holding on to each other. You want them to fight. It's stressful and uninteresting for both the audience and players. I strongly feel that it should either be removed or at least fixed. If they could revive the guard clash system, that would balance out the bad grappling/throwing defense system."

And reading through an old thread, the big reversal window with the uppercut shortcuts were another thing people complained about from the beginning.

ElFly

i need to stop giving my TV the middle finger every time I win a set.

what no

you need to git gud and win more so you give the tv the middle finger more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZRKICSEq8
With bonus Triforce

And here's Daigo about SF4 in 2009:

And reading through an old thread, the big reversal window with the uppercut shortcuts were another thing people complained about from the beginning.

:( I hope the jab AAs don't become this game's reversal windows

Marvel

could never
https://youtu.be/mhER9T9KvAQ

My heart was fucking racing!

See, this is what Fighting Games give me like no other genre. I never feel tense or that pride is on the line like I do with em. The sense of accomplishment you feel when you finally nail some hard execution combos, combacks or beating higher levels. Or just slowly improving the little things, they are so hard and that's understandable.

Hell just learning the character of your choosing to a deeper level and growing that sense of what to do is amazing to me.

As is watching the Pro's do their thing at trny's or via streams. I've not been playing SF long at all but I really like it. Making the time for these great FG's (SFV, Injustice 2 and T7) will be tough!

My main beef with SF4 is that the normals just feel like shit to use. There's no impact at all.

SFV, especially with the addition of Crush Counters, it feels better than ever to just hit things overall. When I do a hard punch and it causes this massive explosion, it's the best feeling.

Fighting games should feel good to play. SF4 doesn't.

See, this is what Fighting Games give me like no other genre. I never feel tense or that pride is on the line like I do with em. The sense of accomplishment you feel when you finally nail some hard execution combos, combacks or beating higher levels. Or just slowly improving the little things, they are so hard and that's understandable.

Hell just learning the character of your choosing to a deeper level and growing that sense of what to do is amazing to me.

As is watching the Pro's do their thing at trny's or via streams. I've not been playing SF long at all but I really like it. Making the time for these great FG's (SFV, Injustice 2 and T7) will be tough!

You didn't deserve that. You should've gotten punished at :15

lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

Yup. Fighting games are the greatest gaming genre of all time.

mbpm1

Dat Jump Tech OS at 1:00

Kappa

Like clockwork.

You even see people stanning for SFxT now (as they should, because it's amazing), even though they treated it like the plague for 5 years.

I mean we had you stanning for SFV since they released its first gameplay footage so it's not that surprising.

Like clockwork.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

They really need to make a complete revision of SFxT though.

It has so much potential.

That thing probably got more people into fighting games than anything since street fighter 2 arcade release

Like for real that shit has crossed borders, parodied and shared Mullins of time for over a decade now. You don't even have to play fighting games to see it was fuckin beautiful

Spman2099

If you go to your local fighting game gatherings, you'll notice a general consensus. People don't enjoy SF5. People are playing it because everyone else is playing it. Everyone else is playing it because it's Street Fighter.

Maybe at YOUR local scene that is the case, but that does not reflect how it is everywhere. You are talking out of your ass.

Why is it so difficult for people to accept that many others enjoy something you don't? Like get over yourself. There's no deeper understanding going on, you just don't like it for whatever reasons, but there plenty of people that do.

Too much truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom