• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
What's with all these Juris I'm facing. I really don't get that character, seems intensely annoying to have to load your special moves before you can use them. Wasted my fight money on that girl.

What's with all these Juris I'm facing. I really don't get that character, seems intensely annoying to have to load your special moves before you can use them. Wasted my fight money on that girl.

She's fun to use and has crazy combo potential. Not every character is for everybody.

The damage just.. stops after the aegis comes out

That's why I posted the good one first but the fireball loop looks cooler. People might shit themselves if I can actually get the 4x 6MP loop recorded. I only landed the 4th 6MP once in over a hundred tries and I almost shat myself.

Because she's cool as hell and super fun to play.

Got the third loop recorded.

Z4pAEw.gif

Neoxon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225458876]Got the third loop recorded.

Z4pAEw.gif
[/QUOTE]
I didn't think that was an actual loop. I'm impressed.

Edzi

Thanks for the sets Edzi! I don't feel like I was any better than the last time we played (maybe worse!) but since I'm losing a lot to my fellow Silvers lately I figured it would feel better to lose to a Super Gold.

GGs, hope you didn't mind me dicking around with Guile at the end there. You play a really lame Ken, which is super odd considering what Ken is known for. You held back most of the time and that opened you up to dash in throws, and you barely ever threw out shoryukens. I can't help but think your playstyle is more suited to other characters.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thanks for the sets Edzi! I don't feel like I was any better than the last time we played (maybe worse!) but since I'm losing a lot to my fellow Silvers lately I figured it would feel better to lose to a Super Gold.

GGs, hope you didn't mind me dicking around with Guile at the end there. You play a really lame Ken, which is super odd considering what Ken is known for. You held back most of the time and that opened you up to dash in throws, and you barely ever threw out shoryukens. I can't help but think your playstyle is more suited to other characters.

I think you have mistaken ColonialHawk for me.

I was trying to throw out more shoryukens but I was making an unusual amount of input errors. I definitely need to work on reacting to throws.

I think I've been playing a little more reserved lately because I've been working on integrating some new stuff into my skillset and it's slowing me down. It's definitely costing me matches, but I just have to keep practicing in real matches until it becomes more automatic. In particular, I've become fixated on making better use of v-trigger combos so once that meter is full my brain starts focusing on getting the hit confirm to the detriment of everything else.

Lol I think you played someone else. I don't play Ken.

Producer

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225459382]Getting closer!
[/QUOTE]

I think you could probably cancel the cHP at the end there into headbutt. Or tackle maybe

Neifirst

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225458876]Got the third loop recorded.

Z4pAEw.gif
[/QUOTE]

How do you get that costume for Urien? I just bought the deluxe version on PSN, but have only played through his story mission.

I'll call it quits here tonight on the loop before I lose my mind.

r0XjxE.gif

I think you could probably cancel the cHP at the end there into headbutt. Or tackle maybe

Nah I could just do a better button in between. The first 6MP is already basically max range, and each loop pushes back Urien a pixel or two. He's just too far for the cFP to hit twice, so I could just do like sFP, 6MP, 2FP and be fine.

There's lots of ways to do it, but it's so hard that I have to wait a dozen reps every time just to get the third loop to work.

How do you get that costume for Urien? I just bought the deluxe version on PSN, but have only played through his story mission.

Secret costume, just hold down LP+MK+FP until the game starts after selecting him.

When a match is loading, hold down LP, MK and HP

If you did it successfully, he'll burn off his clothes in the intro and fight in glorious thong mode.

It's not a separate costume, every costume of his has this alternate version.

mitchlol

So is it too early to put our tips in for the winner of Capcom Cup?

I like Du, Tokido and perhaps Momochi

either way im amped I just wish there was a gief in the mix. Anyone think we will see a pocket Ibuki?

So is it too early to put our tips in for the winner of Capcom Cup?

I like Du, Tokido and perhaps Momochi

either way im amped I just wish there was a gief in the mix. Anyone think we will see a pocket Ibuki?

Vulva and I have a draft going. Although it basically comes down to my picks of Tokido and Infiltration vs his Momochi and Xiao Hai.

Edzi

anyone playing? :)

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but are you just mashing? It legit feels like you're just mashing normals, I can't figure out what to do lol.

That's probably just what it feels like to fight a good Ryu.

EDIT: no, you're legit mashing normals and shoryukens from full screen. I'm lost.

i'm watching daigo's stream, what are they doing? they're just walking around
no sound since at work :<

He's going along with Eita who is interviewing to try to get sponsorships. They're streaming all three interviews live.
It's Reality (Beast) TV.

And, it's actually fairly hilarious.

Twitch.tv/daigothebeastv

mbpm1

i'm watching daigo's stream, what are they doing? they're just walking around
no sound since at work :<

They're trying to get Eita a job as a pro gamer

Eita knows less about interviewing than high school students and is walking around in a t-shirt and tie.

Daigo is sitting to the side like if you brought your dad to an interview and your dad is telling them to hire you every 5 minutes.

Its'....bad

Watch the stream if you want to know what not to do during interviews lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom