• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Played my best friend and Street Fighter sparring partner, went 15-7 against him. I keep telling him Gief is a lost cause unless you are godlike but he won't listen. My Urien dismantled him, but he got some wins when I switched to Alex. Either way, I feel my Urien has gotten better thanks to playing GAF peeps. Oh, and I went back to Karin. Forgot how fucking dope she is!! So yeah, two mains for me. The Super Villain and the Princess.

FluxWaveZ

Because of what was discussed before, I'll still be really surprised if that MvC4 stuff turns out to be the real deal. It feels too early for it considering SFV. Then again, given the excitement, maybe Capcom knows that memories are short and that the whole launch debacle would be forgotten for the new hotness. I think this coming into existence would be more due to Marvel than Capcom right now.

If it exists, I refuse to play the game intently if Phoenix Wright is garbage..

Shadoken

Because of what was discussed before, I'll still be really surprised if that MvC4 stuff turns out to be the real deal. It feels too early for it considering SFV.

If it exists, I refuse to play the game intently if Phoenix Wright is garbage..
Not that far apart.
2009 SF4
2010 SSF4
2011 MvC3

2016 SFV
2017 S2 SFV
2018 MvC4

mbpm1

CyKqxMTVIAASQNH.jpg

RM8

I just played some casuals and I got desconnected from a couple of matches, and then from the server :[

Anyway, I think I've dropped Alex as a secondary, I think Juri is much more fun. Actually both are fun but I don't trust myself in being able to have simultaneously a decent Sim, Juri and Alex, lol.

Shinriji

Anyone still remembers a tournament vídeo with a workshop "how to beat 90% of Mika online" or something like that? I couldn't find it On YouTube.

Marvel

could never
And the game decides to throw me an Ultra Bronze nash on a streak who I lose to. -117 points omg I am so pissed right now.

Edit. Down a grand now, should have stopped. I'll come back to it tomorrow when I am not so tired and on tilt. Shit.

And the game decides to throw me an Ultra Bronze nash on a streak who I lose to. -117 points omg I am so pissed right now.

Edit. Down a grand now, should have stopped. I'll come back to it tomorrow when I am not so tired and on tilt. Shit.
The struggle is real.
C. Viper and Rose (with a shorter yet cute haircut) for Season 2.

Oh and Poison.

And Gen.
Just make season 2 the waifu season (and I'd probably buy the season pass day one).

Neoxon

I just had an interesting thought. If Necro got in the game, what would you guys think of Effie being involved in Necro's V-Trigger like Nadeshko is for Rainbow Mika?

I only use Mikas V skill to troll

thats the proper usage of it right?

that and killing your opponents with Mic throws
It does work as a means of increasing the damage of the CA to secure the kill if you manage to stun the enemy while they're low health.

But other than that, it's mainly for CUTTING THE PROMO.

Neoxon

While I'm spit-balling potential V-Triggers, what could be Oro's if he got in? I was thinking Tengu Stone, but I guess others may have different ideas.

First ranked match and this happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrwKOB3e5lE&feature=youtu.be

The whole rank/level system needs to be scrapped in S2. Player level means nothing and character levels can still increase even when loosing.
Agreement with them being a pointless metric notwithstanding, did you genuinely believe player and character level actually meant anything to the matchmaking algorithm when you could get hundreds of levels just by playing what little single player content there was on launch?

Agreement with them being a pointless metric notwithstanding, did you genuinely believe player and character level actually meant anything to the matchmaking algorithm when you could get hundreds of levels just by playing what little single player content there was on launch?

I expected them to improve the PP/BP from SF4. But I expect to much from a Company to green light something like Umbrella Corp after multiple failed attempts

lmao

The more you post, the more I feel like you know close to zero about how this game works.

What the hell are you talking about?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I expected them to improve the PP/BP from SF4. But I expect to much from a Company to green light something like Umbrella Corp after multiple failed attempts

What the hell are you talking about?
What are you talking about? You got matched up because of your rank. That's exactly how it worked in SF4. LP is what PP was in SF4. The character level is what BP was and the overall level is meaningless.

mbpm1

Wakeup jab beating slightly mistimed deep crossups is an essential part of Necalli's game with which he cannot survive

Kappa

I've always found it weird that I don't really play many female characters in Street Fighter. Sakura is the main one with Makoto thrown in occasionally.

In other games, my first instinct almost always leads me towards female characters.

Garou: MOTW - B.Jenet
KoF - King, Vanessa (DA GODDESS), Luong
Killer Instinct - Orchid
Guilty Gear Xrd- I-No
Injustice - Killer Frost
MKX - Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs
MK9 - Sindel

Yet in Street Fighter, I mainly played E.Honda and now FANG. In SFxT, I played mainly King and Marduk. In Tekken, I mainly like Bob though Josie does look fun.

EDIT: I guess what I'm trying to say is that in other games, I can change my playstyle to fit the character but in SF, I have to pick a character that matches my preferred playstyle. Just something random that popped into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom