• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Ggs grifter

You were always one step ahead

I didn't feel like I was too outclassed when I was in neutral or committing to offense but I lost all the time on defense whenever you got started

Grifter

Ggs grifter

You were always one step ahead

I didn't feel like I was too outclassed when I was in neutral or committing to offense but I lost all the time on defense whenever you got started

GGs... that's always felt like a hard match for me and I was glad to try a few new ideas there and get a better feel for DPs in mid-exchange

mbpm1

GGs... that's always felt like a hard match for me and I was glad to try a few new ideas there and get a better feel for DPs in mid-exchange

Oh, that's the reason why I successfully baited more dps than I have in like a 100 matches lol

I thought I was just getting better at reading XD

Never fought a platinum before, just gotta rise to that level through grinding eventually

FluxWaveZ

Yeah. Just putting out the Blade then going into either the Cross or a Flash Kick is enough of a mixup, but then if your jump timing is even slightly off, Guile can hit you with a Flash Kick anyway after a Cross. The window where you can actually get a jump in on him is very very small if the charge is buffered right.

Oh yeah, there was one time where I was doing a somersault while you were in the air, and you actually air threw me out of it. I thought that was messed up.

Mediking

Actually having fun in Ranked with my Cammy... I muted my TV so there's no sound... anybody else play like that? I know it's risky though.

Grifter

Oh, that's the reason why I successfully baited more dps than I have in like a 100 matches lol

I thought I was just getting better at reading XD

Never fought a platinum before, just gotta rise to that level through grinding eventually

Those were good baits, a couple were my bad inputs in footsies, but you were letting me wake up for free a bunch

SmokeMaxX

Urien has to be the least fun character to fight against in the game. He's the embodiment of "do random shit." Reminds me of AE Yun.

Actually having fun in Ranked with my Cammy... I muted my TV so there's no sound... anybody else play like that? I know it's risky though.
If you play the game enough, your mind will auto play the sound effects. I actually like turning off the sound for a bit and just honing in on visual reads.

Slowly working my way back up again and getting back in the groove. I legit forgot how fucking fun and exhilarating this game was. I'm waiting on Akumer these days now, but I still find tons of fun with Nash. I am getting much better with the meta of pressing buttons in pressure to get out, and I'm becoming a much better wall with booms now.

joe2187

Banned
None of those are nearly as bad as headbutt, headbutt, headbutt, headbutt, RANDOM EX SHOULDER. Buttons, buttons, buttons. Oh I hit you? V Trigger.

Rashid: Jump back jump back, oh you moved forward? full screen kick in the face for 10% damage, jump back jump back, tornado tornado ????? random V trigger, random EX moves and special moves ?!&@)!&@ ...Critical art.

LakeEarth

Haha, a Platinum Mika player named SHAZBOi was teabagging me every chance he got during a match, and I turned the tables in the last round and won it. Of course he dropped. I think he was 6 years old or something.

Too bad loser, I'm uploading the replay to Youtube now.

SmokeMaxX

Rashid: Jump back jump back, oh you moved forward? full screen kick in the face for 10% damage, jump back jump back, tornado tornado ????? random V trigger, random EX moves and special moves ?!&@)!&@ ...Critical art.

Full screen kick is like -100 on block though. Rashid's annoying, but he actually play Street Fighter lol. On the other hand, headbutt low crushes, recovers super fast, can't jump over it, has an AMAZING hitbox that's disjointed from its hurtbox, and is only -2 at worst. Ex Shoulder is super fast, seems to have a great hitbox, 0 at worst, and cancels into VT.

Mediking

GGs, Mediking. Your Cammy is coming along quite nicely. Thanks for helping me with the Daily Challenges.

Hahaha my Cammy is coming along nicely??? Lol oh come on. I tried to hang with you but you outclassed me. You deal out crazy hard combos. Me? I play frantic and wild.

Neoxon

Hahaha my Cammy is coming along nicely??? Lol oh come on. I tried to hang with you but you outclassed me. You deal out crazy hard combos. Me? I play frantic and wild.
I looked at your class. You had the general ideas down in terms of what to use, but you need to be less afraid to go in. Also, punish my shit harder if I miss.

We should definitely play again sometime so we can both improve.

Mediking

I looked at your class. You had the general ideas down in terms of what to use, but you need to be less afraid to go in. Also, punish my shit harder if I miss.

We should definitely play again sometime so we can both improve.

It's kinda hard to go in when you don't have a fireball and you're not Mika. Lol I'm kinda forced to jump all over the place. BUT!!!! You're right. More expert Cammy players do not play like me at all. They're more finesse and snappy. It took me a while to even block your drop kick thingie.

Neoxon

It's kinda hard to go in when you don't have a fireball and you're not Mika. Lol I'm kinda forced to jump all over the place. BUT!!!! You're right. More expert Cammy players do not play like me at all. They're more finesse and snappy. It took me a while to even block your drop kick thingie.
You have the same problem now that I had when I started playing Karin. I had some of the general spacing & combos, but I lacked the resolve to go in. When it comes to characters like Cammy & Karin, you must have the courage to look your fear in the eye and know it has no dominion over you. Fear scatters your mind & your combos. When you toss your fears into the dust, mix-ups are the sword that's ever at your hip. Remember that & you'll never yearn for health. Bravery is your birthright, Mediking.

Mediking

You have the same problem now that I had when I started playing Karin. I had some of the general spacing & combos, but I lacked the resolve to go in. When it comes to characters like Cammy & Karin, you must have the courage to look your fear in the eye and know it has no dominion over you. Mix-ups are the sword that's ever at your hip. Remember that & you'll never yearn for health. Bravery is your birthright, Mediking.

Hmmmmmm..... wow.... Thanks, man. *bows humbly*

Neoxon

So my friend might buy this game...

I play Lucario in Pokkén (and a little in Smash) hould I just play Ryu?
Ryu's in Smash 4, so give him a try there. But yeah, Ryu's the one you'd go to in SFV if you're just starting.

Lol this man dropped a JoJo reference on me and I didn't catch it. Embarrassing...

Your Urien is good, too. You know what you are doing with him.
It's fine, it happens to the best of us.

And thanks. To be honest, I'm still working on him so I can finally make the switch from Karin to Urien on a regular basis.

HardRojo

I dont think I'm ever playing survival again.

Second time I've disconnected from server after level 39.

Go fuck yourself.
And easy fix for this would be the game letting you save progress for survival mode at any stage, and asking you to save progress in the event of a server disconnect, letting you resume from where you left off later if you wanted to when you get back online. I don't think they'll ever implement something like this though, considering that it's been months and Player 2 still can't choose to go back to char select screen.

joe2187

Banned
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know some of you are already in platinum and ultra super gold or whatever

But I finally surpassed silver, I've been batting my head against the ultra bronze wall since launch and never making any progress but I've finally pulled it off and got out of that into the silver tonight.

As much as I love cammy, I've been having just way to much fun with Mika.

So many of my matches ended up with me with zero health and them with more than half a bar, mixing em up with Mika while they get overconfident is the best feeling.

Im coming for that golden ass baby!

lol. Presumably due to Capcoms garbage servers and the disconnections they bring, Ive been banned for 24 hours. My internet stays connected when SFV disconnects me and I've been playing at two different houses/physical locations, so I dont think the problem is at my end. This sucks.

Marvel

could never
GJ Joe! I can't get out of silver atm. Think I've been playing too much. Hit a wall.

Nah, but I have the music turned off.

lol. Presumably due to Capcoms garbage servers and the disconnections they bring, Ive been banned for 24 hours. My internet stays connected when SFV disconnects me and I've been playing at two different houses/physical locations, so I dont think the problem is at my end. This sucks.

Disconnects count as Ragequit, this is why the RQ punishment is too harsh their own servers can fuck you over, shouldn't be 24hours, an hour or 2 at most.... in the future after the second server disconnect just sign off or play lobby..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom