• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are never any Aussie Battle lounges for me unfortunately. While Im banned, I'd probably have been happy just to play an arcade mode instead ;)

Neoxon

giphy.gif

I just want to say that Remy looks like ass. That is all.

Every single time I think about the characters of Street Fighter that I don't like, Remy doesn't even show up on that list.

Not because he's good ,but because he's so shit I keep forgetting him.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
They seem to be Japan only atm but I'm not 100% sure.

Everyone bar Blanka, Rufus, Fuerte and Twelve.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Twelve is awesome. Can you imagine fighting that jerk Chun and then morphing into that very same jerk? It's like 3rd Strike all over again as Chun was a huge jerk there, too. His troll possibilities are through the roof, especially if Capcom gives him better stamina and damage output. I mean, it will never happen, but I really liked that freakazoid.

Every single time I think about the characters of Street Fighter that I don't like, Remy doesn't even show up on that list.

Not because he's good ,but because he's so shit I keep forgetting him.

I mained him in 3S (only because of the lack of Guile/Charlie) and I still forget about him sometimes.

Pompadour

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Twelve is awesome. Can you imagine fighting that jerk Chun and then morphing into that very same jerk? It's like 3rd Strike all over again as Chun was a huge jerk there, too. His troll possibilities are through the roof, especially if Capcom gives him better stamina and damage output. I mean, it will never happen, but I really liked that freakazoid.

So people like Twelve because you can spend meter to become a better character?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
So people like Twelve because you can spend meter to become a better character?

Actually, I didn't. I never used that Super! I used Super #1 for combo purposes. I liked him as a challenge and a troll and his animations and concept were great. Super #2, the Jet plane was also dope. I also really liked Remy, who is still the best all-around charge character to me.

Actually, I didn't. I never used that Super! I used Super #1 for combo purposes. I liked him as a challenge and a troll and his animations and concept were great. Super #2, the Jet plane was also dope. I also really liked Remy, who is still the best all-around charge character to me.

Bro. Liking Twelve is one thing but liking Remy....

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Bro. Liking Twelve is one thing but liking Remy....

Loved him. He was my second main after Hugo, with Twelve my #3. I speak only on his gameplay. He is the best all-around charge character to me, able to cover ground/control space and be offensive as well as defensive. I could never get charge partitioning down consistently though. I didn't mind his design either though to be honest, especially his taunt. That end round victory taunt was the best.

Sayad

Don't like the design but out of all the sonic boom characters, Remy was the most fun to play for me, too bad he was in the game with the parry though.

I just bought this game in the Steam sale. No idea why I waited so long. It's an amazing game! I think the graphics aren't as charming as SF4 but the gameplay is great. I played it all night with friends and everybody loved it.

Just took another game from a Sliver player. My stupid ass kept dropping inputs, but I clutched it with Urien's nice little jab against Laura's whatever the fuck he was doing.

One day I'll upload some of these matches so people can tear into my ass and reveal myself as the one true scrub of this OT.

Marvel

could never
I just bought this game in the Steam sale. No idea why I waited so long. It's an amazing game! I think the graphics aren't as charming as SF4 but the gameplay is great. I played it all night with friends and everybody loved it.
Welcome xD

Season 2 just around the corner too. Good time to have jumped in.

Loved him. He was my second main after Hugo, with Twelve my #3. I speak only on his gameplay. He is the best all-around charge character to me, able to cover ground/control space and be offensive as well as defensive. I could never get charge partitioning down consistently though. I didn't mind his design either though to be honest, especially his taunt. That end round victory taunt was the best.
Charge partitioning might have been my favorite thing in that game. Dashing up to someone and flash kicking them or hitting them with Urien's tackle into Aegis was the best shit. You can do standing 720's son! That shit is way harder.
Don't like the design but out of all the sonic boom characters, Remy was the most fun to play for me, too bad he was in the game with the parry though.

Yup...this.

Made him feel kinda worthless in the end.

Kashiwaba

Yesterday i was kicking ass and made it to 5200 lp from 4160 and today i kept on losing till i hit 4018 lp then quit for the day 😂

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Welcome to SFV! Glad you are loving it. People in this thread are helpful and are always down for matches, so you can learn a lot.

Gief, Alex and Sim should just keep their jab AA's. Throw them a bone

I think are sheer hate for Jab AA has made us overlook how bad jump ins are as a whole. Ignore Ryu's J.LK or Laura's and see how bad moves like Nash's J.HP which just a giant hurtbox. Even Ken/Ryu's Cr.MP can stop jump ins.

Also nobody should have Jab AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom