• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main in 3s was Twelve and I played a lot of Remy to mess around.

Twelve's moveset is fine and interesting so he'd have potential in a game like SFV. The problem contributing to him being the worst character in the game was mostly his damage and frame data being so bad, not so much his overall design. He could be punished from full screen on hit by some characters. Other characters like Remy and Q were more powerful, but not necessarily enough different from existing characters to warrant returns. Remy's neutral throw was really cool, though. They should give that to Guile.

Q might make it in at some point just because people love his character art and Kuroda so much, though.

Q was also a pretty poor character in 3s but he got saved by a lot of quirks of the 3s game engine that gave him more outs than you might expect despite having a lot of 3-7 matchups.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";225539970]My main in 3s was Twelve and I played a lot of Remy to mess around.

Twelve's moveset is fine and interesting so he'd have potential in a game like SFV. The problem contributing to him being the worst character in the game was mostly his damage and frame data being so bad, not so much his overall design. He could be punished from full screen on hit by some characters. Other characters like Remy and Q were more powerful, but not necessarily enough different from existing characters to warrant returns. Remy's neutral throw was really cool, though. They should give that to Guile.

Q might make it in at some point just because people love his character art and Kuroda so much, though.

Q was also a pretty poor character in 3s but he got saved by a lot of quirks of the 3s game engine that gave him more outs than you might expect despite having a lot of 3-7 matchups.[/QUOTE]

Preach that Twelve truth!

Numb

Kbrad saved from the beast's claws

Yukadon and Kbrad was 24th and 25th respectively on global points. Basically upends the latter part of the bracket.

Now it looks like Sako is 2nd to last and will face Tokido (2nd on global rankings) , and Justin (3rd) will face XsK_Samurai.

Basically, Justin Wong lucked out. =P

Edit: http://challonge.com/CPT2016updated1127

Daigo vs Yukadon now.

FXjOjTX.png

sknJBjG.png

Ugh just died to yet another scrubby Ken.

I hate that blockstring that Kens love to do repeatedly that ends in a fireball and pushes him out of retaliation range.
And I hate that even low-level Kens can punish with a 30% combo if I make the slightest mistake.

airjoca

Kind of On and Off topic:

Just got Guilty Gear Revelator, never played one, I'm a Street Fighter guy.

Is there any particular character(s) there that are easier to get into, aka, play like a Capcom game?

nded

Kind of On and Off topic:

Just got Guilty Gear Revelator, never played one, I'm a Street Fighter guy.

Is there any particular character(s) there that are easier to get into, aka, play like a Capcom game?

Ky Kiske probably has the closest thing to a straightforward "shoto" move set.

Sol always struck me as more of a Terry Bogard.

FluxWaveZ

Uh, other way around

I was thinking more from the poster boy perspective, but I guess that's true simply in terms of gameplay. Though, in that case, Sol isn't really like Ryu, either.

I think the two correspond to the simplest ones to pick up and play, though.

How could you all forget such an amazing
/s
character?

colorswap.php
Still loads better aesthetically than the bottom-of-the-barrel Alpha rejects like FrankenNash, Mika, Rose, schoolgirls or Birdie. Just a shame his booms are, like, his hair.

I think are sheer hate for Jab AA has made us overlook how bad jump ins are as a whole. Ignore Ryu's J.LK or Laura's and see how bad moves like Nash's J.HP which just a giant hurtbox. Even Ken/Ryu's Cr.MP can stop jump ins.

Also nobody should have Jab AA.
Jump-ins have more pay-off than jab AA's and people overblow the latter (while admittedly strong) anyways. Seen plenty of skilled players (even at tournament level) using multiple jump-ins to blow up anti-air jabs if their opponent's getting complacent with them, but I do agree that characters who already possess SRK-esque moves should never be allowed to have jab AA's.

HardRojo

A few mins ago I was walking through a local supermarket and saw these. At first glance I was like no fucking way they brought those Japanese cans over, then I realized they were for "Batalla de los Gallos", a rapping event whose finals took place here in Peru. I was disappointed lol.

JayEH

i imagine this week we'll get more maintenance to add Capcom cup to stage of destiny
and Akuma and Sagat

fionel

So after my Windows 10 decided to update itself to anniversary edition and failed, I had to reinstall Win10 and now SF5 won't boot from Steam. Did a bit of googling and tried disabling my Windows Defender or excluding the SF5 folder in the security settings and nothing worked. Steam just shows SF5 running for a few seconds and then nothing would happen. Anyone had a similar experience?

mbpm1

So after my Windows 10 decided to update itself to anniversary edition and failed, I had to reinstall Win10 and now SF5 won't boot from Steam. Did a bit of googling and tried disabling my Windows Defender or excluding the SF5 folder in the security settings and nothing worked. Steam just shows SF5 running for a few seconds and then nothing would happen. Anyone had a similar experience?

I had to turn off my avg antivirus every time i wanted to play for it to work

but it does work when i do

Sykotik

I bought the game today on steam, and I'm wondering if the costumes are on sale right now or are they full price? Also, do I have to buy tonight or do I have time tomorrow before the Halloween ones get removed?

JayEH

I bought the game today on steam, and I'm wondering if the costumes are on sale right now or are they full price? Also, do I have to buy tonight or do I have time tomorrow before the Halloween ones get removed?

halloween and cpt dlc will be removed tomorrow night at midnight (unsure if PST or EST). they're all full price.

fionel

I had to turn off my avg antivirus every time i wanted to play for it to work

but it does work when i do

Based on what I gather this does seem like a problem caused by antivirus software. But my Win10 is a fresh install and has nothing but Windows Defender. Like I said disabling it or excluding the SF5 folder didn't help. So freaking frustrating and I'm at my wit's end.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Digital version + Season pass is on sale for $29.69 for PS+ users https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tion/cid=UP0102-CUSA01200_00-SF5FULLGAMEDELUX

We wont know about any season 2 characters maybe until Next sat or later. chances are 50/50 maybe

She has a very good chance, but we won't truly know until Capcom drops some info next week.

Cool.
I was thinking just getting the regular version b/c I'm not sure if I can justify buying the deluxe.

Played at a friend's house. R.Mika was my main.

Cammy set my back 1500LP after playing out of my mind in Casual. I'm just 200 points shy going back to Ultra Gold but it's not helping when I'm finding players as low as 2500LP and that is winning with most of my matches.

Village

Or we could let the whole cast get some time in the spotlight with a new RS game.
edit for shortening: I don't think it would do well. And I don't think capcom as a company... has the aesthetic, and modern style to make that concept work for a lot people. In this instance. They would need to change... most of rival schools visually to make it work now. And it didn't really work then.

Did I just play you ScraftyDevil? Mika with the feather costume?

Yuuuuuup. I suck against Balrog as Mika so that MU knowledge was pretty useful. Most of the third match was basically just testing out what I could and couldn't get away with after certain things.

edit for shortening: I don't think it would do well. And I don't think capcom as a company... has the aesthetic, and modern style to make that concept work for a lot people. In this instance. They would need to change... most of rival schools visually to make it work now. And it didn't really work then.
Edayan, the main character designer, and Itsuno, the director, still work at Capcom.

Rival Schools' focus on school life, and the sim elements, suit the current trends of the Japanese market perfectly. And those types of games have also found a steady market in the West too. I actually think it's the perfect IP for Capcom to revisit right now.

Village

Edayan, the main character designer, and Itsuno, the director, still work at Capcom.

Rival Schools' focus on school life, and the sim elements, suit the current trends of the Japanese market perfectly. And those types of games have also found a steady market in the West too. I actually think it's the perfect IP for Capcom to revisit right now.

I don't think they can do current trends in stylish way, the people can be there. But know if they are , for lack of word cool enough in this regard to produce a modern style that would work for a lot of people.

I think if they did it, they to go with an entirely different character designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom