• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

What happened with Low Tier God?

I thought he was known to be a joke/jerk after getting blown up real hard by Viscant I think?
Basically the one where he was making fun of the dude for being a nerd and then lost a long set.

I just googled it, and it looks like he might be banned? What did I miss? lol

the joke got old a long time ago

he did something that was against tos like sending people to downvote things on mass or evading bans to his account or s/t and got banned a while ago

FluxWaveZ

It was a thing in SF4 on XBL and Steam. You would block someone on that level and you wouldn't get matched up with them anymore.
But I don't know if or how it works in SFV.

I'm not too familiar with how that system level stuff works, but I do know it's pretty hard to find someone's PSN (since the "Recent Players Met" thing doesn't seem to work with SFV), and you have to invite them or something to see it. It's a pain; this is the kind of stuff they need to address to fix up the game.

Have we ever found out what the two unselectable tabs in your fighters profile are for? I remember them being available in the beta for some reason.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not too familiar with how that system level stuff works, but I do know it's pretty hard to find someone's PSN (since the "Recent Players Met" thing doesn't seem to work with SFV), and you have to invite them or something to see it. It's a pain; this is the kind of stuff they need to address to fix up the game.
Go to someone's fighter profile and you can see their PSN/Steam id.

Producer

Theres some good LTG content out there, like that 14yr old beating him and then ltg making a video response. Then the salt compilations lol. Definately a scumbag though

lmao I don't know why they haven't just taken those tabs out already.

I know one of them was discipline, and meant to show stuff like your total play time.

21467394022_542f9a29d65sh0.jpg

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I miss the beta titles.
Remember the beta awards we were supposed to get? I don't think anything ever came from that.

Theres some good LTG content out there, like that 14yr old beating him and then ltg making a video response. Then the salt compilations lol. Definately a scumbag though
Haha, yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0QaxoIMP8

I know one of them was discipline, and meant to show stuff like your total play time.

21467394022_542f9a29d65sh0.jpg
Yep, there's the ID, under the CFN name.

Also...those graphs you see at every single loading screen don't show anything online, only offline. Like...how is this still like this? It's been 9 months.

What happened with Low Tier God?

I thought he was known to be a joke/jerk after getting blown up real hard by Viscant I think?
Basically the one where he was making fun of the dude for being a nerd and then lost a long set.

I just googled it, and it looks like he might be banned? What did I miss? lol
He says and I quote;
"Capcom knows the game is unbalanced, that's why they give me 5 free ragequits a day"
If this was league of legends, riot would have personally banned all accounts associated with him.

Anyone know which controller d-pad works best for this game? Or for any fighting games for that matter? I'm using an old 360 controller and the d-pad seems terrible.

Would an Xbox one or ps4 controller work better for me?

I know most people would say an arcade stick.. but for now I just want to upgrade my controller to something with a better d-pad. (Playing on PC so any controller should work)

Thanks for any help!

JayEH

Anyone know which controller d-pad works best for this game? Or for any fighting games for that matter? I'm using an old 360 controller and the d-pad seems terrible.

I know most people would say an arcade stick.. but for now I just want to upgrade my controller to something with a better d-pad. (Playing on PC so any controller should work)

Thanks for any help!

i use a ps4 controller and do fine. I personally don't like the xbone controller for fighters.

Of course the game's gonna get a Pro patch. It's gonna stay alive for the rest of the PS4's lifetime and maybe even a little more.

It's just a matter of when.

Marvel

could never
Didn't Ono just say in the Famitsu interview that they had no current plans for that? Where's this new rumor coming from?
I can't find the link atm but yeah he said something like "We don't have anything yet but nothing an update we couldn't roll out quickly in the future."

That kinda ballpark.

Working from my poor memory, but it sounded positive and lighthearted. Certainly wasn't shut down.

Mizerman

Considering that they plan to support SFV for a couple of years, there is probably no rush for them to make a Pro patch at the moment.

FluxWaveZ

I thought Ono hinted at an eventual Pro patch, but stated that they weren't in a huge rush to get it out?

All I know is what was loosely translated via machine translation from the Famitsu interview. From that, it didn't sound like a hint that they were actively working on one, but that there would eventually be one.

I mean, obviously, the game will inevitably get one at some point.

BlitzKeeg

Thanks for any help!

I use a Hori fighting commander 4. I find it to be a really nice split between a regular controller and a fightstick since I wasn't willing to drop the dough on a fightstick and wanted to stick with D-Pad controls

Marvel

could never
I don't think clipping will ever be fixed, but loadtimes, shadows and an up-res seems perfectly doable. Pretty exciting whenever it happens.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Clipping seems like the easiest to fix out of those problems. Atleast on the loading screen! It looks so goddamn cheap.
I don't mind it during gameplay.

edit:
Official bracket: http://challonge.com/de/capcomcup2016

I really think knowing your first opponents so early will produce a few surprise results. You can literally grind those match-ups for dozens of hours.

Marvel

could never
Yeah in the loading screen I guess they could change a fighters stance to help it a bit. Never gonna happen though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom