• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Can I get a Tweet too? CFN Grandpa.

CyY4bSIWEAAG4eb.jpg

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That marvel thread is depressing. Let the cycle of the 99 percent that will dictate the content but drop the game two weeks in begin again.

FluxWaveZ

Can anyone do it for me too? I don't use Twitter.

CFN is lucebuce

This is the last one I'll do:

CyZF8ILW8AE2g1E.jpg

That marvel thread is depressing. Let the cycle of the 99 percent that will dictate the content but drop the game two weeks in begin again.

Yeah... well, as long as people actually buy the game. We know very well that the 99% is very important for the overall health of the game itself; SFV showed as much. If they can nail a proper content delivery system and single player content, then this theoretical MvC4 could have a much better start than SFV did.

I'm just over here hoping Phoenix Wright's back again and that he's not shit. Even if he is, I wouldn't be able to not main him.

This is the last one I'll do:

CyZF8ILW8AE2g1E.jpg

Yeah... well, as long as people actually buy the game. We know very well that the 99% is very important for the overall health of the game itself; SFV showed as much. If they can nail a proper content delivery system and single player content, then this theoretical MvC4 could have a much better start than SFV did.

I'm just over here hoping Phoenix Wright's back again and that he's not shit. Even if he is, I wouldn't be able to not main him.
Thanks man!!

I sincerely hope that they learn from what went wrong with SF5's launch for MvC4 cause it has the potential to make an insane amount of money particularly with how popular Marvel is these days.

Producer

They did him dirty. He was low tier off the bat then further nerfed in an update. I'm hoping for him and maybe Franziska von Karma

Whales

Banned
I don't have twitter but if anyone could find it in their heart to tweet my scrubby ultra bronze CFN to that account, I would love to see just how many losses I actually have. I must be battling like 10%.

MAJNOUN

for those feeling kind

I lol'd at your cfn

Village

Yo, going through the files of this game for music mods.

Just noticed Ibuki's file names are " BAE" someone likes Ibuki apparently.

Complete noob here.

Just picked up the game off Amazon for $15. Comes in tomorrow.

The Season pass is on sale for $13.49 on the PSN store. Sale ends tonight.

Thinking about buying the season pass but reviews of it seem very negative. Should I stay away?

Thanks everyone!

JayEH

Complete noob here.

Thinking about buying the season pass but reviews of it seem very negative. Should I stay away?

Thanks everyone!

Season pass is a steal at that price I would get it. Not sure where you're seeing negative reviews of it, it's been a great season pass.

Whales

Banned
Complete noob here.

Thanks everyone!

for 14$ the season pass is a steal, you get access to 6 chars + their costumes + all their colors + a bonus stage too. Get it!

Complete noob here.

Thanks everyone!
The season pass gets you 6 DLC characters, a premium costume for each DLC characters, colours 1-10 for the DLC characters'' main costume and premium costume and Guile's stage.

The 6 DLC characters are Alex (Grappler), Guile (zoner) , Ibuki (Trickster), Balrog (Boxer/Brawler), Juri (Mobile Dominatrix) and Urien (Evil Badass who hates clothing).

For a total of 28.5 dollars, you're getting the best version out there. Definitely recommend getting it.

Mizerman

Complete noob here.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, the Season Pass is a good deal at this point.

Thanks everyone I jumped in on it.

Was seeing lots of negative reviews on Steam, regarding the question of where the reviews were coming from.

Thanks everyone I jumped in on it.

Was seeing lots of negative reviews on Steam, regarding the question of where the reviews were coming from.

People generally don't like the game, for a lot of reasons but the majority seem to not like it because of the lack of single player content.

Which in a way is a valid complaint but people being people they just do stupid stuff like give the season pass negative reviews.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm still banking on it being Sagat and not Akuma based on the trailer:

- Slow hits, not fast
- Only 1 Glowing Red Eye, not 2
- 2 Ki Symbols instead of 1
- Ono loves to Troll

- Slow hits, not fast
- Ono loves to Troll
Nah man, you don't put out a teaser like THAT and have it be Sagat.

I get that Ono loves to troll but this would be taking it a step too far.

Skilletor

- Slow hits, not fast
- Ono loves to Troll

Except the symbol is for shin akuma, it's his sounds, his voice, his pose.

Like...it's obviously Akuma.

Gusto

I can play. Cfn 765production

Producer is a wizard.......Oh man, I was having a bad day at work and then I jump on SFV to have Producer remind me of the day I had. lol Good games man, your'e just too good for me atm.

The good news, I'll be at the Capcom Cup this weekend.

Producer

Producer is a wizard.......Oh man, I was having a bad day at work and then I jump on SFV to have Producer remind me of the day I had. lol Good games man, your'e just too good for me atm.

The good news, I'll be at the Capcom Cup this weekend.

Haha good games man. Capcom Cup should be great this year, have fun.

FluxWaveZ

Alright i'm done. Drop an invite whenever you're ready.

Gotcha, inviting you in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Add two because these servers are having a fun time with me.

Edit 2: GGs! What did you think of my Guile? I think I did way better this time than the last time I fought you with him. He's getting to the point where I want to be with him; I just need one more breakthrough.

As for Mika, I'm learning that I can't play as passively as I usually want to against Chun-Li. It's all well and good to wait for openings and try to whiff punish, but I need to create my own openings ala Luffy. You kept getting CC'ed by the drop kick, though; no good. Better to just block it sometimes than eat that.

Producer

Gotcha, inviting you in a couple of minutes.

Edit: Add two because these servers are having a fun time with me.

Edit 2: GGs! What did you think of my Guile? I think I did way better this time than the last time I fought you with him. He's getting to the point where I want to be with him; I just need one more breakthrough.

As for Mika, I'm learning that I can't play as passively as I usually want to against Chun-Li. It's all well and good to wait for openings and try to whiff punish, but I need to create my own openings ala Luffy. You kept getting CC'ed by the drop kick, though; no good. Better to just block it sometimes than eat that.

GGs as always Flux. I was gonna say, i think you leveled up your Guile. Definately felt like a wall sometimes and it was tough to get in. One thing i did notice was i dont think you ever popped Vtrigger. His Vtrigger can be real good, i think having access to a non charged sonic boom is really useful. Not to mention the buffed zoning and corner combos, alot of comeback potential there.

About Mika, yeah i just got beat. I hate having to block dropkick but also hate eating the CC, and i hate having to spend a vreversal lol. Just got find a better way to deal with it or work on my reactions.

FluxWaveZ

GGs as always Flux. I was gonna say, i think you leveled up your Guile. Definately felt like a wall sometimes and it was tough to get in. One thing i did notice was i dont think you ever popped Vtrigger. His Vtrigger can be real good, i think having access to a non charged sonic boom is really useful. Not to mention the buffed zoning and corner combos, alot of comeback potential there.

About Mika, yeah i just got beat. I hate having to block dropkick but also hate eating the CC, and i hate having to spend a vreversal lol. Just got find a better way to deal with it or work on my reactions.

Yeah, I was wasting too much meter on V-Reversals. It worked a lot of the time, but they got too predictable and you'd just block them or even throw me out of it once near the end. I like the way NuckleDu tosses out a single boom in V-Trigger, so I should keep that in mind. I always have the impulse to just throw as many as I can, which is just a waste a lot of the time.

I don't think you ever punished one of my drop kicks via a neutral jump. That's a simple venue to counter that, and if I see the opponent neutral jumping intermittently, I'll hesitate a lot when it comes to throwing them out. In that case, I'll tend to walk more and try to land a Wingless Airplane if I see they're really scared of the drop kick.

Maybe you're sticking just a bit too much to the ground against Mika at mid-range. Though, it's Chun-Li and she has two really good low profile buttons to deal with the drop kick (and a bunch of quick others that'll just stuff it out), so it's not like she particularly needs to do that to deal with it.

Oh yeah, and I could not deal with Chun-Li's sliding as Guile, even though it was obvious you were abusing it. I tried a somersault at the beginning, but that didn't work out. Will have to go to training mode to test things out. Maybe it's just sweep.

Edit: Her cr.MP is -8 and Guile's sweep is 8f startup, so yeah, I should have just been doing that. Another variation of the somersault might have worked, too.

Ketch

just turned the game on for the first time in months. They finally added 1p vs cpu! Now is there a PC mod that automatically assigns me a new random opponent on a random stage everytime I win a best of 2 vs the cpu? because that's basically arcade mode.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom