• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

Yeah, I was wasting too much meter on V-Reversals. It worked a lot of the time, but they got too predictable and you'd just block them or even throw me out of it once near the end. I like the way NuckleDu tosses out a single boom in V-Trigger, so I should keep that in mind. I always have the impulse to just throw as many as I can, which is just a waste a lot of the time.

I don't think you ever punished one of my drop kicks via a neutral jump. That's a simple venue to counter that, and if I see the opponent neutral jumping intermittently, I'll hesitate a lot when it comes to throwing them out. In that case, I'll tend to walk more and try to land a Wingless Airplane if I see they're really scared of the drop kick.

Maybe you're sticking just a bit too much to the ground against Mika at mid-range. Though, it's Chun-Li and she has two really good low profile buttons to deal with the drop kick (and a bunch of quick others that'll just stuff it out), so it's not like she particularly needs to do that to deal with it.

Oh yeah, and I could not deal with Chun-Li's sliding as Guile, even though it was obvious you were abusing it. I tried a somersault at the beginning, but that didn't work out. Will have to go to training mode to test things out. Maybe it's just sweep.

Edit: Her cr.MP is -8 and Guile's sweep is 8f startup, so yeah, I should have just been doing that. Another variation of the somersault might have worked, too.

Yeah that Nuckledu strat is really good. A guile walking towards you with a boom right beside him is pretty scary haha. And thanks for the tips, i know in our previous sets neutral jumping was worked out well against dropkick, i wasnt doing it at all today.

Yeah, at the range i was sliding where the tip was hitting it was safe. Check it out on training and test out blocking the slide at all ranges so you have an idea of when you can punish.

just turned the game on for the first time in months. They finally added 1p vs cpu! Now is there a PC mod that automatically assigns me a new random opponent on a random stage everytime I win a best of 2 vs the cpu? because that's basically arcade mode.....

I feel like news of an arcade mode might be announced at Capcom Cup this weekend...

People already found files hinting at a future arcade mode update a few weeks back.

Gradly

I'm not good at fighting games but I liked this a lot, i think Rashid is the easiest to use and he's my fav character so far. I don't play online but I find the story, vs CPU and vs local player is fun and enough for anyone to enjoy this kind of games. I only have 2 issues:
- DLC is way too expensive, $12 for an arena/location, this is really crazy
- Is this game patched for PS4 Pro?? I find the loading screens very annoying especially in story mode

Reizo's still banned huh?
I'm not good at fighting games but I liked this a lot, i think Rashid is the easiest to use and he's my fav character so far. I don't play online but I find the story, vs CPU and vs local player is fun and enough for anyone to enjoy this kind of games. I only have 2 issues:
- DLC is way too expensive, $12 for an arena/location, this is really crazy
- Is this game patched for PS4 Pro?? I find the loading screens very annoying especially in story mode

That particular arena is incredibly expensive because it's part of the CPT bundle. A large majority of the cash earned by the DLC goes towards the CPT and towards increasing the prizepool for Capcom Cup (it's already grown by 100,000). EDIT: Actually, the halloween DLC and the CPT DLC is not going to be available for purchase after the maintenance today.

No, no patch yet. A pro patch is imminent but it's not currently high on their list of priorities so don't be surprised if it's still a ways off.

Gradly

Reizo's still banned huh?

That particular arena is incredibly expensive because it's part of the CPT bundle. A large majority of the cash earned by the DLC goes towards the CPT and towards increasing the prizepool for Capcom Cup (it's already grown by 100,000). EDIT: Actually, the halloween DLC and the CPT DLC is not going to be available for purchase after the maintenance today.

No, no patch yet. A pro patch is imminent but it's not currently high on their list of priorities so don't be surprised if it's still a ways off.

Ah ok but still I think they are expensive in general, whatever, I'm glad this is vanilla PS4 as this means the game will be better and hopefully load faster once they patch it

Ah ok but still I think they are expensive in general, whatever, I'm glad this is vanilla PS4 as this means the game will be better and hopefully load faster once they patch it

I personally do agree that the DLC is a bit on the expensive side in general, but that's the price you gotta pay to have all the gameplay affecting stuff be unlockable without a real money purchase.

I just wish they sold more of their costumes as bundles and not as stand alone pieces.

vulva

I'm down.

CFN: J_Macgrady

Good games man, sorry I was getting kinda sloppy near the end. Didn't realize how late it is.

A couple notes, I noticed that you go for the overhead follow up to karin's kicks almost every time. This meant I could just jab you out of it, even if you hit me with the kicks before. Players better than me will punish you with even more damage than just a jab.

Also I noticed that when waiting full screen you'd eventually go for the full screen overhead. That's a super unsafe way to get in and is pretty reactable, which can lead to you suffering a lot of damage you don't need to take. Doing it once in awhile is fine but doing it every time there's a large gap and a bit of a pause can get predictable and lead to you getting hurt.

Gradly

I personally do agree that the DLC is a bit on the expensive side in general, but that's the price you gotta pay to have all the gameplay affecting stuff be unlockable without a real money purchase.

I just wish they sold more of their costumes as bundles and not as stand alone pieces.

Yea I thought by getting the season pass i'll get access to most of unlockables and DLC released so far but turned out I only got the 6 DLC characters lol

Yea I thought by getting the season pass i'll get access to most of unlockables and DLC released so far but turned out I only got the 6 DLC characters lol
You can't really blame Capcom for that lol, the description is pretty clear.

Contains 6 additional characters: Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Juri, and Urien, each with a premium Battle Costume, for Street Fighter® V. Comes with an exclusive PS4 theme and also includes colors 3-10 for the 6 Season 1 DLC character’s default costumes!

I hope they do this. I just bit the bullet today and bought all the Halloween costumes. I'm a sucker for time limited stuff :( would have gladly put down $20 to get them all in a bundle.

mitchlol

Is anyone going to be doing a write up for Capcom cup with each players stats like "character/s they play" "Placings at tournament that got them to Capcom cup" "Previous Wins/Losses records against other Capcom Cup attendees" with a little editorial flair added ^_^

Piccoro

Does anybody know at what time exactly does the CPT stuff will be leaving the store today? I'm gonna buy it tonight but I'm afraid that it will disappear after the store updates...

Does anybody know at what time exactly does the CPT stuff will be leaving the store today? I'm gonna buy it tonight but I'm afraid that it will disappear after the store updates...

I don't think that they've given a specific dead-line, other than the 29th, but it seems very likely to me that they'll remove that DLC during maintenance. If at all possible, try to grab them before then (09:00 PDT).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone going to be doing a write up for Capcom cup with each players stats like "character/s they play" "Placings at tournament that got them to Capcom cup" "Previous Wins/Losses records against other Capcom Cup attendees" with a little editorial flair added ^_^
If you mean in general, https://twitter.com/SRKRanking has been doing that for every single player on Twitter!

Capcom Pro Tour site has a lot of this info. And, the Capcom Cup section has a handy graphic showing who uses which character (though Problem X actually uses Alex):
http://capcomprotour.com/capcom-cup-2016/

Click on a name, and it tells you their general 2016 placings.

I can't believe I grabbed Birdie Ex dolphin dive on the ground. It's almost as dumb getting a throw off Decapre's air scramble break and kick.

There's a lot of characters that aren't represented. Would like to have seen a little more variety but top tier is top tier.

Seems like most of the ones that aren't represented are newer ones, though, which is a bit more understandable. (They're still being learned, and it's also a hopeful sign that Capcom is being conservative about not releasing new characters in an overpowered state.)

That said, the "Top Tier" is a pretty wide terrace. The ten players with the highest pro tour point totals play nine different characters.

Seems like most of the ones that aren't represented are newer ones, though, which is a bit more understandable. (They're still being learned, and it's also a hopeful sign that Capcom is being conservative about not releasing new characters in an overpowered state.)

That said, the "Top Tier" is a pretty wide terrace. The ten players with the highest pro tour point totals play nine different characters.

I'm more referring to the 6 Chuns, 5 Kens, 4 Necallis that are there. Well it used to be but I know some players got replaced so things are a little different. Almost half of all players are split between 3 characters out of 22.

Looks like Du is the only one who is taking a DLC character far. Although he does have his Mika.

I do have an issue about playing it safe to not release new characters in a OP state and rendering them almost useless in high level play for a year.

So my PS4 just downloaded V01.13. Did this just land... ayone else got it on PS4 or PC?

I know servers are down for maintenance until 5pm so they are probably releasing some fixes/content ahead of CC. Wonder if we will get a data dump. QUICK SOMEONE CHECK NOW!

So my PS4 just downloaded V01.13. Did this just land... ayone else got it on PS4 or PC?

QUICK, someone light the Scrub Mcgrubb signal!!

There's CONTENT TO LEAK!!
I hope

Not at my PS4 right now but it seems likely. The game almost always gets an update after these maintenance periods.

I hadn't played ranked in a long time, what's the ragequitting punishment these days?

I deranked to Ultra Bronze my first match, fine, and then ended up with two Silver players in a row and later an Ultra Bronze who all quit in the final seconds of the match.

Is there any delay on getting the LP, or am I shit out of luck? I ended up down 90ish LP after a session where I should've been up almost 300, not to mention how tough it is to squeeze BP out of ranked... pretty disheartening.
Punishment for RQing is still pretty weak.

If you RQ 3 times then you're barred from matchmaking for a certain period (24 hours?) and lose 1000 LP.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
These are the characters no player mains at Capcom Cup. Possible counter-picks in parenthesis. Feel free to correct or add.

Balrog (Infiltration)
Birdie
Ibuki (Xian)
Juri
M. Bison (Problem X, Phenom)
Rashid (Infiltration)
Urien
Zangief

There's a lot of characters that aren't represented. Would like to have seen a little more variety but top tier is top tier.

About 15 out of 22 characters should be represented...maybe more if Infiltration pulls any more surprises.

That's really good for a vanilla game, especially when some of those characters were DLC characters added later. Things should get even better in Season 2. Can't wait.

These are the characters no player mains at Capcom Cup. Possible counter-picks in parenthesis. Feel free to correct or add.

Balrog (Infiltration)
Birdie
Ibuki (Xian)
Juri
M. Bison (Problem X, Phenom)
Rashid (Infiltration)
Urien
Zangief

Is there an Alex main that I am not aware of at CC?

About 15 out of 22 characters should be represented...maybe more if Infiltration pulls any more surprises.

That's really good for a vanilla game, especially when some of those characters were DLC characters added later. Things should get even better in Season 2. Can't wait.

Yeah I know there are quite a few. I am not taking an issue with how many are being represented but a majority of players going with 1 of 3 characters.

Agreed. Even if ALL the season 2 characters turn out to be weak, we'll still have 22 awesome characters. I just hope that Capcom is smart with how they handle the balancing for next year.
Is there an Alex main that I am not aware of at CC?
Problem X

QUICK, someone light the Scrub Mcgrubb signal!!

There's CONTENT TO LEAK!!
I hope

Not at my PS4 right now but it seems likely. The game almost always gets an update after these maintenance periods.

The update failed half way through, thought Capcom were on to me. Can't do anything with it on PS4. =/

Maybe it's just removing the timed DLC. Wasn't a long download.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Some people should look into counterpicks. With Urien and Guile going wild dudes need to be ready.
I know some of them have dabbled with Juri and Urien, but I don't know who would be confident enough to use them. Except for Infiltration, that man is crazy.

Dicks back in.
image.php

The download picked up where it left off once I restarted the game. I got it, it's certainly downloadable, just not giving anything that I can see on console.

Hmmm how long is you taking you to download vs other updates?

Wonder if it is pretty sizeable or just a quick one to take out DLC.

The download picked up where it left off once I restarted the game. I got it, it's certainly downloadable, just not giving anything that I can see on console.

Wouldn't be surprised that most, if not all, additions are not accessible right now and just modify the game's files.

Sadly Capcom has wisened up in encrypting and hiding their files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom