• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone buy Capcom now...MS/Sony/Nintendo/Amazon any body..

Ehh it's not so bad, I doubt this "decline in profits" is any worse than what they had in 2013.
The wording is also weird, "despite resident evil" is very misleading because all the RE in 2016 was just a bunch of rereleases. All 2016 really had were 4 exclusive titles...(monhun, phoenix wright, sf5, dr4).

Ryce

Question: if I use my SFV disc on someone else's PS4, will I be able to log in with my CFN account and gain Fight Money as usual? I'm going away for a few weeks and don't want to miss out on the weekly challenges.

BlitzKeeg

Ehh it's not so bad, I doubt this "decline in profits" is any worse than what they had in 2013.
The wording is also weird, "despite resident evil" is very misleading because all the RE in 2016 was just a bunch of rereleases. All 2016 really had were 4 exclusive titles...(monhun, phoenix wright, sf5, dr4).

Yeah, I find this strange. If anything Capcom has a big opportunity to produce a lot of high quality games over the next few years.

They revived Resident Evil. SFV is in bad shape, but fixable with effort (they have the support of fans). Monster Hunter on the Switch could be huge. Infinite could be real big if the Marvel crowd buys into it (which could be a big crowd because of the films).

If they play their cards right, they could do well. They have the IPs to make it work.
Then again, they always have, but for some reason manage to mess it up.

BadWolf

They revived Resident Evil. SFV is in bad shape, but fixable with effort (they have the support of fans). Monster Hunter on the Switch could be huge. Infinite could be real big if the Marvel crowd buys into it (which could be a big crowd because of the films).

Revived? The series was selling just fine, even a (low budget) spin off like Revelations 2 sold over 2 million.

Revived? The series was selling just fine, even a (low budget) spin off like Revelations 2 sold over 2 million.

Roco from Mega64 put this in a great way. He said that they could have made a gangbuster RE6 styled game and sold millions but tarnished the series forever, or went back to some roots like stuff with RE7 and sold less but kept the brand more viable. REV2 was a great game, but it didn't do much for the brand's quality. People were looking to see if RE7 was going to be a good game, since spinoffs are whatever in comparison. So I doubt RE would continue to sell fine if they hadn't done right by 7.

BlitzKeeg

Roco from Mega64 put this in a great way. He said that they could have made a gangbuster RE6 styled game and sold millions but tarnished the series forever, or went back to some roots like stuff with RE7 and sold less but kept the brand more viable. REV2 was a great game, but it didn't do much for the brand's quality. People were looking to see if RE7 was going to be a good game, since spinoffs are whatever in comparison. So I doubt RE would continue to sell fine if they hadn't done right by 7.

I think it also came out publicly that Capcom stated they were happy to create a positively rated release that would sell less initially, but greater over time due to word of mouth rather than a game of lesser quality that would sell more in the short term and tarnish the brand.

If that is accurate then they may be on the right track with their future releases. Only time will tell.

BadWolf

That makes no sense.

RE6 is a flawed game sure but what if they made another action RE which was solid (like RE4 and RE5)? They clearly learned a lot of lessons after RE6, as seen in Rev2 and RE7, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume that an action RE7 would have been a more focused game with a lot of complaints addressed.

I could easily such an RE7 selling more than the current one.

ElFly

I think they abandoned the RE4/5/6 route cause the cost of making an even more over the top action game was raising too much

BadWolf

I think they abandoned the RE4/5/6 route cause the cost of making an even more over the top action game were raising too much

Except the problem with RE6 was the opposite of that, they threw too much money at it and it had too much of everything.

The game would have been better (and a lot cheaper to make) if it was more focused.

BadWolf

Maybe marginally so, but then it very well could've been "just another shooter" at a time when a lot of high profile sequels in the genre dipped well below expectations.

I think they read the tea leaves right on this one if they want to preserve RE's flagship franchise status and keep bringing in new audiences. And it fits nicely with what is now a solidified tradition of re-booting the gameplay entirely every three games. SFV, on the other hand...

Nah, it wouldn't have been. There are no other shooters out there like RE4/RE5/RE6 and the brand name still carries weight.

As it stands they abandoned the action fans, zombie fans, co-op fans and fans of the story/characters. If this was worth it for them only time will tell in the end but love em or hate em, the action entries are the best selling in the series.

Kikirin

Question: if I use my SFV disc on someone else's PS4, will I be able to log in with my CFN account and gain Fight Money as usual? I'm going away for a few weeks and don't want to miss out on the weekly challenges.

You will need to sign onto your PSN account (since CFN account is tied to it), but you should be able to.

Kashiwaba

I lost 200 lp after getting a short power outage in the area because of rain :( during casual match, but I'm glad ragequitting penalty still active lol.

HardRojo

Oh my god, can the online in this fucking game work flawlessly at least for one day? It's been 3 fucking matches now that it'll try to connect to and drop. Fucking hell just let me play.

Faced Idom and won the first game. But then I get no points so that Match didn't happen

1270751973_trololo-guy.gif

Than a game 2 he starts playing Laura AKA Laura "I'm just going to press S.MP Until Something Happens" Matsuda

Pompadour

Oh my god, can the online in this fucking game work flawlessly at least for one day? It's been 3 fucking matches now that it'll try to connect to and drop. Fucking hell just let me play.

The past few days have been perfect.Today I got a drop and failed to send points error.

Capcom keeps teasing me.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I just played a super diamond player and his id was an ad for a boosting service. Not sure if I should post it, but man, what a dumb thing.

Oh and he was terrible, obviously.

Platinum is $70 btw lol

Master is $2,000

HiResDes

Went back and played Super Turbo and SFIII with some friends at the local barcade, I forgot what fun was.

Also I'm too embarrassed to say but I broke another controller in a rage fit, I don't usually care when I lose even badly but when I have the game won on several occasions and a miss an input or fail to activate V-Trigger to continue a combo it really gets to me...Cammy is very to easy to win with, but she's also such a glass cannon that some characters like Balrog and Gief feel like they can do fifty percent with like one gauge of meter.

Kashiwaba

After hearing Gundam Versus has no splitscreen nothing SFV does can make me as upset as I am right now.

Fuck this earth.

It's stupid screens are getting bigger which is ideal for split screen yet you barely find any games that supports split screen multiplayer. also i hate how bandai handled split screen in the older games where the HUD takes most of the screen.

Pachinko

Went back and played Super Turbo and SFIII with some friends at the local barcade, I forgot what fun was.

Also I'm too embarrassed to say but I broke another controller in a rage fit, I don't usually care when I lose even badly but when I have the game won on several occasions and a miss an input or fail to activate V-Trigger to continue a combo it really gets to me...Cammy is very to easy to win with, but she's also such a glass cannon that some characters like Balrog and Gief feel like they can do fifty percent with like one gauge of meter.

Cammy brings out the worst in me when I lose , I found out the hard way that HRAP kai 5's are sturdy at least.

It's stupid screens are getting bigger which is ideal for split screen yet you barely find any games that supports split screen multiplayer. also i hate how bandai handled split screen in the older games where the HUD takes most of the screen.

Like Anarchy Reigns died so fast and playing it with a group requires everyone to have a copy, be online, and join a room. For fighters, that's more work than it needs to be. Say what you will about SFV but at least I can play the damn game beside someone in the same room.

I can't make it to 9500LP. Every win has ended up with a 8001 error. And every losing game ends up being uploaded to the server. It's like the game is going out of it's way preventing me to reach Super Platinum.

Be kind to your controllers, they aren't cheap.

Also, it's just a game etc.

Gold rank finally.

I'd like to thank my parents for beliveing in me. I'd like to thank myco666 for the kind words of encouragement, and most of all, Capcom for making Laura the most fraudulent character in the game.

kirblar

I find it interesting that she was going to be in the main game. I wonder which character specifically pushed her out, and why out of Season 1 altogether?

I'm guessing Dhalsim, because no one likes Dhalsim.
Guessing Gief/Sim weren't in the initial plans but got added back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom