• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Do you think that was a situational combo? He started the combo by catching Eita jumping forward which knocked him towards Nemo to start the whole thing.

Definitely some pretty crazy awareness of the spacing needed to pull that off. That's a dude who knows his setups for every single situation.

5XfhRLl.jpg

Tokido, please!

I think i need to go back to Guile. I love Mika as i did when i got the game on release. I think she is super fun to play but i dont have the right mentality to play graplers. I feel so helpless in so many situations. Guess i will go back to guile or wait to see if any of the up coming characters grab me.

I think i need that overhead and i need a half decent anti air way more than a command grab for how im best at playing.

Maybe i could try birdie at somepoint. He has a great anti air and kind of a projectile. But i never could get to grips with holding buttons down to perform specials.

Maybe i could try birdie at somepoint. He has a great anti air and kind of a projectile. But i never could get to grips with holding buttons down to perform specials.
I'm not a fan of hold-down button specials either but Birdie's is REALLY easy to use as compared to move like Balrog's TAP.

I'm not a fan of hold-down button specials either but Birdie's is REALLY easy to use as compared to move like Balrog's TAP.

Im sure its all a matter of drumming it into your muscle memory. Still with games i want to play round the corner its prob best i go back to guile till i can afford to put time in and learn someone new.

Honestly I'd like Bull Horn to be a dragon punch motion rather than hold-and-release. But hey, Capcom doesn't want my character to be OP.

I tried Birdie, but that was the main reason I couldn't stick with him. Button hold specials are something I still can't get used to. Maybe someday that'll change, though. I did get used to gapplers, charging, zoning/keepaway and stance characters eventually, so button holds can't be impossible.

Edit: I forgot all about my time with peacock and her button holds on item drop. Man, she was super fun to use.

I tried Birdie, but that was the main reason I couldn't stick with him. Button hold specials are something I still can't get used to. Maybe someday that'll change, though. I did get used to gapplers, charging, zoning/keepaway and stance characters eventually, so button holds can't be impossible.

Edit: I forgot all about my time with peacock and her button holds on item drop. Man, she was super fun to use.
One thing to keep in mind is that holding down the button consistently is only useful against certain matchups. You can use the bullhorn as a good tool to deal with some fireballs but most of the time you're gonna wanna hold it after a jump in or as a wake-up in v-trigger.

Rarely worth it as an anti air with the exception of akuma's air fireballs.

I limit myself so much with what I feel capable with in terms of character inputs. If they're not just strictly motion characters I just can't jive with it, be it charge, or button holding, or piano inputs -- I just can't.

1600 people online plus whatever on PS4. Wait 5 minutes to be matched with a Super Gold 1 Bar Cammy. 10 minutes later nothing.

So who's up for Cross Tekken on PSN?

My friend is learning Zangief his main is Dhalsim, just to show him how fucked up the Zangief vs Sim MU is, I clean sweep 4 sets(FT3) with my 5 mins Sim hahahahahaha feels so good...

HardRojo

What I hate about charge characters is that if my reversal is a charge move, and for some weird reason the game doesn't register it, my brain has to adjust on the fly to whatever the fuck happened but I end up fucking up bigtime as I was imagining the reversal coming out. Do V-trigger freezes eat inputs?

myco666

It does indeed: https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...birdies_normal_nonex_bullhorn_can_go_through/

Bullhorn is my favourite move in the game, even though I hate button-release specials. Move is so good against fireballs, fireball-esque moves and the retracted hurtbox makes it so that it's actually worth using in a situation where the enemy move's hitbox is right at the border of my regular hitbox.

Good to know! Yeah it is definitely a good move but the input is really awkward. Especially on a stick. Don't know what layout would be best for it. Not to mention how hard it is to do as a reversal.

Pachinko

Man.... as some of you may know, I'm a pretty big scrub. I only ever mustered myself up to Bronze on PS4 and now on PC I'm still in rookie (mostly due to a lack of playing ranked) but despite this I decided to try out karin next on my roster run through and ooh boy is she hard to use well. I mean I knew that going in and was saving her for later for just this reason but I'm running out of characters I want to use and characters that are simple to learn the basics for so here we are.

Her 4th trial took me north of 30 minutes to finish. There was a silent applause when I finally nailed the timing for it but those dashes and shoulders ....

Anyone on here play Karin that has hot tips or possible input tricks to make 100% sure I get a shoulder when I want one instead of the launcher ? I mean the input makes it look simple enough but I still only get a shoulder maybe 1 in 10 times I want it (just in training mode) , another 1 in 10 tries I end up accidentally inputting her CA... the rest are mostly accidental launchers.

I'm tempted to just move on to someone else again and come back to karin later because my execution , while better than it was a year ago , is still a bit lacking. Ah well, Tuesday is coming soon enough and with it - Kolin appears , perhaps she'll fill the exciting play bill with a slightly lower execution barrier.

Anyone on here play Karin that has hot tips or possible input tricks to make 100% sure I get a shoulder when I want one instead of the launcher ? I mean the input makes it look simple enough but I still only get a shoulder maybe 1 in 10 times I want it (just in training mode) , another 1 in 10 tries I end up accidentally inputting her CA... the rest are mostly accidental launchers.

That's easy just make a down back input before punch input, so 2361+k, p

Man.... as some of you may know, I'm a pretty big scrub. I only ever mustered myself up to Bronze on PS4 and now on PC I'm still in rookie (mostly due to a lack of playing ranked) but despite this I decided to try out karin next on my roster run through and ooh boy is she hard to use well. I mean I knew that going in and was saving her for later for just this reason but I'm running out of characters I want to use and characters that are simple to learn the basics for so here we are.

Her 4th trial took me north of 30 minutes to finish. There was a silent applause when I finally nailed the timing for it but those dashes and shoulders ....

I'm tempted to just move on to someone else again and come back to karin later because my execution , while better than it was a year ago , is still a bit lacking. Ah well, Tuesday is coming soon enough and with it - Kolin appears , perhaps she'll fill the exciting play bill with a slightly lower execution barrier.

Have you tried splitting up the moves? With combos I'll split them by doing half of one part and getting that down and then moving to the next part. Eventually i combine everything together.

Just focus on the QCF xx kick for the dash and slowly start pressing the input for the shoulder move. I still struggle with it sometimes when I have her v-trigger activated, but I learned to stop rushing the input for the shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom