• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you can farm FM by just losing in ranjed matches?
In both casual and Ranked, but you don't need to sacrifice anything in Casual.

Just leave your stick to keep pressing X or light kick on turbo. You'll keep getting matched up with people and losing but you still get a small amount of XP.

Everytime you get enough XP for your character to level up, you get 1k FM. Just keep circulating through the character list according to who has the least character levels and you get "kinda" free FM and XP.

By upping your character levels. Though that takes so long I wonder why anyone one would fucking do something so boring.
I'm assuming most people just put it there, put it on training mode and auto accept match and just leave for the day.

The only flaw in this strategy is if Capcpom strikes and the server boots you suddenly, or if the power/internet went out in your home. Otherwise there's no real downside to this (which is freaking annoying)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They would just have to swap buttons, so that mashing lk cancels a fight request or sends you back to the menu.

myco666

They would just have to swap buttons, so that mashing lk cancels a fight request or sends you back to the menu.

But you can set the turbo on any button you want? Unless you mean that they would somehow detect that the person has a turbo on.

Ucchedavāda;231059616 said:
Cannes Winter Clash is back on:
https://www.twitch.tv/gameline

I guess it isn't so big a problem in KI, since you don't use KI gold to unlock characters. But it's something that game designers should think about, since it is so disruptive to other players.

Personally it doesn't feel disruptive. Due to the 1v1 nature, you bop them, get the points, and move on to the next. If you had someone afk in a team game, you're basically done for unless you play the most amazing game of your life. AFK players is such a minor issue the genre of fighting games

Ucchedavāda;231043096 said:
Why would you use turbo be in SFV? You are giving up control for something that is only useful when you are stunned. And how do you even know they are using turbo or macros?

How do I know they cheated?? Because I lost that's how!!!

Personally it doesn't feel disruptive. Due to the 1v1 nature, you bop them, get the points, and move on to the next. If you had someone afk in a team game, you're basically done for unless you play the most amazing game of your life. AFK players is such a minor issue the genre of fighting games

Well, it wouldn't be so bad if not for the wait times in SFV. I don't really enjoy having to wait for a match, sit through the (unnecessary) load-screens, and then have my opponent be AFK, so that I have to repeat it all over again. But luckily I've only gotten a couple of AFK players so far.

How do I know they cheated?? Because I lost that's how!!!
You joke, but back in USFIV on Steam there was one particularly salty (and alcoholic) Chun-Li that claimed that something like half of all players were cheating.

myco666

Minor issue if you don't face them often. However I have had days where I had limited time to play and got same AFK player 5 times in a row. I would think that is a big issue.

Ucchedavāda;231060970 said:
Well, it wouldn't be so bad if not for the wait times in SFV. I don't really enjoy having to wait for a match, sit through the (unnecessary) load-screens, and then have my opponent be AFK, so that I have to repeat it all over again. But luckily I've only gotten a couple of AFK players so far.

You joke, but back in USFIV on Steam there was one particularly salty (and alcoholic) Chun-Li that claimed that something like half of all players were cheating.

Minor issue if you don't face them often. However I have had days where I had limited time to play and got same AFK player 5 times in a row. I would think that is a big issue.

Those are separate issues that simply make the problem larger than what it is. SFV's loading times and just bad luck. One fixable, one less so.

Devil

Could someone pls give me some general advice against Bison? I just have no clue at all how to deal with nonstop... everything in my face. V-reversals are limited and it feels like it is easy for him to instantly get the pressure on again anyway. I have similar issues with Urien but who doesn't. Bison has been haunting me since day one.

I also have problems against most characters with fast and good pressure and a command grab, namely Laura, Mika etc. I have no idea when to expect a command grab in a fast combo/block string. Feels like a guessing game I always lose.

I'm just a 3k LP Ryu player btw.

Edit: And fuck Balrog :x

Could someone pls give me some general advice against Bison? I just have no clue at all how to deal with nonstop... everything in my face. V-reversals are limited and it feels like it is easy for him to instantly get the pressure on again anyway. I have similar issues with Urien but who doesn't. Bison has been haunting me since day one.

I also have problems against most characters with fast and good pressure and a command grab, namely Laura, Mika etc. I have no idea when to expect a command grab in a fast combo/block string. Feels like a guessing game I always lose.

I'm just a 3k LP Ryu player btw.

Edit: And fuck Balrog :x

Bison has to do shit to get in because his walkspeed is butt. Bison relies on blockstrings so knowing those will tell you when you can hit back and stop getting hit. Conversely Bison wants you to think everything is plus. It's not.

Bison also has shit defense. And if you can try to bait him with a neutral jump so long as it isn't too close.

My question is what top player Marn is gonna destroy in e-league on his way to losing in top 8. And whether or not the replay of his pop-off will overshadow the actual grand finals.

Devil

Bison has to do shit to get in because his walkspeed is butt. Bison relies on blockstrings so knowing those will tell you when you can hit back and stop getting hit. Conversely Bison wants you to think everything is plus. It's not.

Bison also has shit defense. And if you can try to bait him with a neutral jump so long as it isn't too close.

Thanks! I'll have to take a look at the framedata I guess.

I'll probably get blown up for this idea but a change I would like is for throw tech windows to be 1-2 frames longer... but only online. This would bring online play closer to legitimate offline play where throws are generally reactable with delay tech, instead of being a hard read every time because of latency.

I guess I'm just tired of the second game of the set always being a clusterfuck of latency-powered tick throw "setups" that never work offline.

Could someone pls give me some general advice against Bison?

Look for a knockdown then begin relentless pressure. Bison is better at wakeup than S1 now that he has a 3-framer and v-trigger stomp but it's still basically non-existant. He also cannot deal with close range cross-ups at all.

Try to keep him on the ground; anti-airing stomp and reverse isn't easy mode with the varying timing but you need to challenge Bison in this area because if you don't, you'll be blocking devils reverse all day and keep yourself perma-frame-disadvantaged.

When he starts doing his block strings on you, remember that he has no overhead, crouch blocking is your friend and defeats almost all his options (and at your LP, the bisons will not be good enough to be mixing in low-to-the-ground reverse on you). He'll eventually get frustrated and do a scissors that leaves him negative or try and dash in for throw. At a little bit above where you are Bisons will try to bait throw tech by dashing then doing his CC stand HK, but it's not really fast enough to be a mixup.

Bison's pressure is extremely linear and it takes excellent (usually plat or above) players to really make his offense not vanilla, as I said above, you don't have to worry about that yet.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'll probably get blown up for this idea but a change I would like is for throw tech windows to be 1-2 frames longer... but only online. This would bring online play closer to legitimate offline play where throws are generally reactable with delay tech, instead of being a hard read every time because of latency.

I guess I'm just tired of the second game of the set always being a clusterfuck of latency-powered tick throw "setups" that never work offline.
Input lag is the same online and offline. I guess you mean when it's a bit rollbackey? Yeah that's brutal to react.

Input lag is the same online and offline. I guess you mean when it's a bit rollbackey? Yeah that's brutal to react.

Even with the best possible connection there's always going to be added latency on top of the engine's input lag when you're playing online.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it's not splitting hairs if you want to change frame data for no reason. And there's not always rollback, the buffer frames cover most connections. If there is rollback then yeah, it's a problem.

HardRojo

I hadn't read the list of players from the EL tournament, but I seriously thought Chris G would be a given, weird to see him not there lol since he's really good and plays several characters.

Edit: Any links or archives of the tournament Chris G won? Was out with the family all afternoon so I couldn't catch anything and I don't remember what channel was streaming it.
Edit 2: Who is this Punk guy playing? He's wrecking everybody! He was not on my radar.

MCD250

Can't seem to find any clips or video of the ChrisG/Wolfkrone match but hopefully someone will upload it soon. I thought they both played really well barring a few nerve-induced execution errors.

sfv_birdie_megaman_x_by_monkeygigabuster-db0fyuv.jpg
Megaman Birdie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom