• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD250

Why does Kolin have the best theme in the game tho
Themes have been lacking for a minute. Akuma's is just kinda there, Urien's is alright and Juri's is plain terrible.

I would say Kolin's theme is maybe not as good as the ones for most of the original characters or the first few DLC ones, but still better than the ones we've getting lately.

Come on, you know the release date, i would have said early release, the Maintenance is from 10am to 6PM PST, 9pm EST for me...

Well, you just said the time, so the implication was that it was possibly happening either right now or tomorrow. Also, I don't see any thing about server maintenance times (though I know it's coming)

Themes have been lacking for a minute. Akuma's is just kinda there, Urien's is alright and Juri's is plain terrible.

I would say Kolin's theme is maybe not as good as the ones for most of the original characters or the first few DLC ones, but still better than the ones we've getting lately.

Akuma's theme is great until they slather it with wub wub. It's actually pretty pronounced but part of that is due to that problem. Stage theme is way way better.

Pachinko

Well, I have found a nice little pocket of characters that I enjoy using - Rashid, Karin, Juri , Cammy and Nash are all pretty fun stuff. Still have some high hopes for Kolin (praying she doesn't fall victim to the new character curse and have something kind of broken in an under powered fashion like everyone in season 1 did). It still really annoys me that Ibuki is practically a new character in SFV , not too bad honestly but just not as much fun for me to play as :(

I'm also not opposed to using Guile and Balrog but ... I think I find shotos a bit boring. Shame that Sakura won't be tossed in until at least next year.

Thanks for the Karin tips earlier too guys , I feel like I'll get it with some more time in the lab. I already feel a bit stronger playing as her as it is , if I can start to manage the dash juggling I'll probably feel like a god damned saint :p

I just did an hour long online set with my Alex using buddy(justletmeplay is his CFN if anyone wants to seek him out)and felt I was getting closer to his level with some characters. To anyone out there that doesn't practice this game but feels they should be better - just practice anyway. Take your lumps. I've been putzing away for 2 years to even get where I am , only a few hours a month since USF4 really.

So anyone have a betting pool going right now on whether Kolins patch will fix the ongoing network issues that have plagued this game since version 2.00 launched ? Hopefully it get tuned up a little bit. It'd be a shame if we had to suffer through that crap until EVO or the inevitable arcade version release coming in .... months ? days ? weeks ?

Femto.

I have never played a grappler before outside of goofing around, practiced with Laura a few hours, man am I getting bodied online lol

Not sure what to do her in neutral game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Twelve Necro art blog post: http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131549

A lot of 3s is getting posted to that blog. I hope they follow up with 3s characters at one point...

Ucchedavāda;231104428 said:
Looks like all they'll be doing tomorrow is adding Kolin, at least with regards to the servers:

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/131548

It still boggles my mind that they need eight hours of downtime for stuff like that.
Wow, so literally nothing else? Not a single thing? Oh man.

I have never played a grappler before outside of goofing around, practiced with Laura a few hours, man am I getting bodied online lol

Not sure what to do her in neutral game.
C5eqfZQVMAA5VYc.jpg:large

Femto.

^ Truth lmao

st.MK is real good. Can I command grab after it on hit or block? I tried, but I kept screwing up the input and I'd get hit.

coolest combo I have with Laura right now is:

st.HP xx EX clap, st.MK, dash, HK grab.

Ucchedavāda;231106536 said:
It's possible that Capcom is just being pointlessly tight-lipped again, and actually have more in the pipeline, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah that's probably not going to happen. But at least we get CPT info today, March patch notes either next week or the week after, and content at some point this month.

This was back in 2015 with an interview with Combofiend.

We wanted to take away people being able to confirm links off lights. We think that makes the game too light heavy. People are just concentrating on pressing that button. What we want instead is people to use all their character’s attacks and really explore the character. And the other thing we wanted to lessen was just random things like backdash invincibility.

We think backdashing is important, we like people to have movement options,

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's actually a thing I really like about SFV. Lights, mediums and heavies all have their purpose.

Wow the people who play this game online are so hardcore compared to other games, or I just suck big times at this particular game

Last week was the free online PSN in europe so I flexed my wings in the games I play

In 3-4 games I owned, won like 80-90% of the times in game modes with several players, felt very rewarding

However, when I played SFV, I won like 10% of the times. It was absolutely nuts, I played unranked but still got crushed! It has to be a much harder Community. I played as Cammy, I really felt like my HP was half compared to the others. Perhaps she is not newbee friendly due to this. Anyway, whish I could "git gud" at this game because there is so much I like with it.

But I was surprised by the long waiting times to find a match, is ranked just as slow as unranked games? Other from that, Connection 3-5 experienced 0 lag 90% of the games.

My 2 cents from my first SFV experience online. Time to get back to the flawed survival mode. Problem is, feels like its hard to get better playing vs the CPU, I felt like I did "some" progress these Days online. But to pay for ps+ and constantly get owned after a stressful day at work, I dont know. Games are surely more fun when you are good at them

Pachinko

Neither of those are Shoto's though...

I should have worded that better , finished that sentence in my own head. I don't mind using Balrog and Guile , as well - the rest of the cast I failed to mention contains 3 shotos (Ryu , Ken and akuma) but I no longer get excited to use any of them.

It's quite the opposite actually, compared to other less popular fighting games.

Wished I shared that experience.
I spent so much tiime in naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 online and reached top 25%. Was so much easier than SFV. But guess the games are not so comparable

Bigg_Oggy

I spent so much tiime in naruto ultimate ninja storm 2 online and reached top 25%. Was so much easier than SFV. But guess the games are not so comparable

I think fighting games have varying levels of entry. How complex or simple the mechanics are may dictate the time it takes to get good at them.
I could get into DOA in a few days. Trying to learn street fighter (or Blazblue/Guity Gear) took me way longer.

Sayad

Oh, I was referring to more traditional fighting games, the people you'd run into when starting to play Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, SkullGirls, etc... SFV has more beginner level players than those games.

You're probably right about Naruto though, game is geared more toward the general audience and probably has less percentage of super serious players.

Wow the people who play this game online are so hardcore compared to other games, or I just suck big times at this particular game

Last week was the free online PSN in europe so I flexed my wings in the games I play

In 3-4 games I owned, won like 80-90% of the times in game modes with several players, felt very rewarding

However, when I played SFV, I won like 10% of the times. It was absolutely nuts, I played unranked but still got crushed! It has to be a much harder Community. I played as Cammy, I really felt like my HP was half compared to the others. Perhaps she is not newbee friendly due to this. Anyway, whish I could "git gud" at this game because there is so much I like with it.

But I was surprised by the long waiting times to find a match, is ranked just as slow as unranked games? Other from that, Connection 3-5 experienced 0 lag 90% of the games.

My 2 cents from my first SFV experience online. Time to get back to the flawed survival mode. Problem is, feels like its hard to get better playing vs the CPU, I felt like I did "some" progress these Days online. But to pay for ps+ and constantly get owned after a stressful day at work, I dont know. Games are surely more fun when you are good at them

You wont get prepped for online playing the CPU really apart from basic stuff like performing comboes on a moving target and reacting to whether or not they block. The CPU plays nothing like real people though so its very limited.

The frequency of games can vary wildly from night to night. No idea what the cause is. i find it about the same whether I play ranked or casual. Maybe turn them both on. Or go into battle lounge and play longer sets against people. Less loading and waiting & more playing and learning.

This game (like all fighting games) absolutely will feel harder to win at than most multiplayer games. Its because not only is it fast paced and there are many many things to learn and be aware of throughout the match but its 1v1. Most popular multiplayer games out there are team based which means its very easy for a team to carry you and be able to blame your mistakes on someone else (I played a year of League of Legends and saw this a LOT).

However I would recommend trying to learn it because once you become even OK at the game it can be emmensly fun. It can also make you crazy salty as well but thats the deal with this sort of thing.

I used to play fighting games with my friends when I was young but kinda dropped off them when I hit about 17-18 and got into fps games online. When MKX came out I finally decided to play some online and it gave me the taste I needed to get better. However I did after a while fall off it. Then I tried SFIV but I sucked at it and didnt really like it that much despite SF always being my fav fighting game series. Then SFV came out. I bought it from launch and loved the gameplay so I stuck with it. It didnt take me to long to be decent enough to get to and remain in super bronze. That was based on my muscle memory from when I was a kid and a little bit of practise. Then I switched to Guile when he came out and kept practising and slowly but surely I made it to Silver. I have kind of been there ever since as I dont really play ranked anymore (Casual matches based on rank still). I stick to casual and battle lounge. As long as I get fun and about my skill level matches I am happy.

Basically it can take a long time to get to grips with fighting games online but it can also be worth the effort. With FPS games I kind of just cruise along. I consistantly do above average after a very short period of playing as most skills are transferalble between fps games. Never really care about losing or winning and just cruise along. With Fighting games each match will end it glory or deep in the salt mins. I guess its because I actually care and it hits my competetiveness where few other things seem to do.

I should have worded that better , finished that sentence in my own head. I don't mind using Balrog and Guile , as well - the rest of the cast I failed to mention contains 3 shotos (Ryu , Ken and akuma) but I no longer get excited to use any of them.

Ah that makes more sense.

cackhyena

So is there an announcement today?

Also, maybe someone who plays Ryu or Akuma knows, but is parrying a legit option on wake up to counter meaties? I never bother with frame data, so that could be a really stupid question, idk. I never did it with Ryu, but I've been trying it more with Akuma and finding a lot of success, launching people ready to pounce on me. I'm not sure if it's their fuck up in timing and I'm getting lucky or what.

So is there an announcement today?

Also, maybe someone who plays Ryu or Akuma knows, but is parrying a legit option on wake up to counter meaties? I never bother with frame data, so that could be a really stupid question, idk. I never did it with Ryu, but I've been trying it more with Akuma and finding a lot of success, launching people ready to pounce on me. I'm not sure if it's their fuck up in timing and I'm getting lucky or what.
Yes, there's an announcement regarding the CPT details today.

Both parries have a 3-frame startup, so a light DP or a 3-frame jab is a much safer option. Though it might not be as cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom