• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Yes, there's an announcement regarding the CPT details today.

Both parries have a 3-frame startup, so a light DP or a 3-frame jab is a much safer option. Though it might not be as cool.

I think a good buff for Ryu would be to make parry active on frame 1. Right now, it works in the same situations that DPs work, with the same penalties for missing, and both can be thrown (unless you do HP dp). This would make him a lot better, make vskill far more useful, and add make you have to fight as him and against him different from the rest of the cast.

Don't think a light dp has any real advantage here.
I meant in a situation where a parry hits, a light DP or a even a jab would accomplish the same thing since he's being hit by a move that's not a true meaty.

Granted, parry is probably the most damaging option but a light DP can be situationally better.

None of them are good options against a proper meaty though.
I think a good buff for Ryu would be to make parry active on frame 1. Right now, it works in the same situations that DPs work, with the same penalties for missing, and both can be thrown (unless you do HP dp). This would make him a lot better, make vskill far more useful, and add make you have to fight as him and against him different from the rest of the cast.
Now you see, stuff like this makes sense but Capcom isn't gonna implement it because that's a meterless wakeup option and Capcom doesn't like that.

mbpm1

I meant in a situation where a parry hits, a light DP or a even a jab would accomplish the same thing since he's being hit by a move that's not a true meaty.

Not *necessarily* considering jab would miss a low attack and just get hit.

Although parry would also lose to lows considering there are two parry states, low and high (cmon Capcom)

cackhyena

Ooh I like that.

Spuck-uk

Banned
^ Truth lmao

st.MK is real good. Can I command grab after it on hit or block? I tried, but I kept screwing up the input and I'd get hit.

coolest combo I have with Laura right now is:

st.HP xx EX clap, st.MK, dash, HK grab.

That's not a combo.

MCD250

Not *necessarily* considering jab would miss a low attack and just get hit.

Although parry would also lose to lows considering there are two parry states, low and high (cmon Capcom)
I thought Ryu's parry works on both highs and lows and it's just the animation that changes?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Wow the people who play this game online are so hardcore compared to other games, or I just suck big times at this particular game

Last week was the free online PSN in europe so I flexed my wings in the games I play

In 3-4 games I owned, won like 80-90% of the times in game modes with several players, felt very rewarding

However, when I played SFV, I won like 10% of the times. It was absolutely nuts, I played unranked but still got crushed! It has to be a much harder Community. I played as Cammy, I really felt like my HP was half compared to the others. Perhaps she is not newbee friendly due to this. Anyway, whish I could "git gud" at this game because there is so much I like with it.

But I was surprised by the long waiting times to find a match, is ranked just as slow as unranked games? Other from that, Connection 3-5 experienced 0 lag 90% of the games.

My 2 cents from my first SFV experience online. Time to get back to the flawed survival mode. Problem is, feels like its hard to get better playing vs the CPU, I felt like I did "some" progress these Days online. But to pay for ps+ and constantly get owned after a stressful day at work, I dont know. Games are surely more fun when you are good at them

There's a steep learning curve in playing fighting games against other players, you learn nothing from fighting the CPU, it doesn't prepare you at all.

It's like if you jumped into counterstrike and had only ever used your mouse for clicking on spreadsheets, these waters run deep, and they're full of sharks.

Piccoro

So, has Capcom announced any maintenance time yet?
Usually there's maintenance before a new character is released, and Kolin releases tomorrow!...

mbpm1

I just saw all the Kolin art.

You'd think she was in Overwatch.

Mei be she should be

tumblr_oljbn3uBDf1uq6svio2_540.gif

I am (pleasantly) surprised that they managed to increase the price pool ($600k, up from $500k). Based on how SFV has performed overall, I would have expected a smaller price-pool this year.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Sony is not part of it anymore. And FloKO as a sponsor has me a little worried. They like to get their exclusivity.

edit: Wait, it actually says "presented by PS4". I just didn't see them on that sponsor list at first.

Producer

Nice to see better point distrubtion for top 8 at premier events.

Also awarding points to top 64 and top 16 at premiers and ranking

Pretty cool that they're sticking with the game competitively!

Now if they can just fix the player 2 character select and the loading screens...

and the inconsistent netcode...

and the servers...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
On the last episode of Excellent Adventures they mentioned the arcade plans and something about a one year Playstation exclusivity (is that confirmed?) which should be over now. That gave me some hope that another big revamp is coming.

MCD250

Mei be she should be

tumblr_oljbn3uBDf1uq6svio2_540.gif
Kolin's just gonna straight up sit in the water and get her furcoat wet.

Surprised at the prize pool increase. My wild prediction is that Japan will make the comeback this year, though a few high level American players like Du and Punk will still do well in the tour. Don't think we'll see another American GF at CPT again though.

On the last episode of Excellent Adventures they mentioned the arcade plans and something about a one year Playstation exclusivity (is that confirmed?) which should be over now. That gave me some hope that another big revamp is coming.

The arcade thing is dropping this year and we kinda knew that. I don't think SFV is going anywhere besides arcades, pc, and PS4.

That being said someone mentioned a sku refresh and that they were gonna replace it or something.

Skilletor

You guys can't be serious.

Why not? S2's changes are shallow as fuck and not at all comparable to what we've typically received in an SF games 2nd year. It didn't meet sales expectations the first year and is still nowhere near that point. The game's servers and infrastructure seem worse than they did a few months out. Changes they made at the beginning of S2 were rolled back. We still don't have content promised the first year.

This game looks like a shoestring's budget of a shoestring budget. I don't think it's silly to worry about the game's future given the support we've had for it thus far.

Also:

Add me to the final bosses list :p :

Skillzilla81_PS4 - USA - Akuma - http://v-lg.pro/Skillzilla81_ps4

HardRojo

Prize pool increase makes me hopeful they have more stuff in the pipeline and the game (DLC) is performing decently enough to warrant moresupport. I guess Season 3 is definitely a thing now. Ok Capcom, I'm giving you one more year to finally bring this game up to the standards it should have released at back in 2016. There are lots of problems still, you got one year to fix them.

Shorter loading times
More reliable online play (better servers)
Training settings being saved instead of reset every time you exit the mode
Arcade mode
Improve the weekly FM Missions (add more stuff and build upon it)

Ah yeah, please please please soft relaunch the game when most issues have been addressed accompanied by a small marketing push.

Devil

Look for a knockdown then begin relentless pressure. Bison is better at wakeup than S1 now that he has a 3-framer and v-trigger stomp but it's still basically non-existant. He also cannot deal with close range cross-ups at all.

Try to keep him on the ground; anti-airing stomp and reverse isn't easy mode with the varying timing but you need to challenge Bison in this area because if you don't, you'll be blocking devils reverse all day and keep yourself perma-frame-disadvantaged.

When he starts doing his block strings on you, remember that he has no overhead, crouch blocking is your friend and defeats almost all his options (and at your LP, the bisons will not be good enough to be mixing in low-to-the-ground reverse on you). He'll eventually get frustrated and do a scissors that leaves him negative or try and dash in for throw. At a little bit above where you are Bisons will try to bait throw tech by dashing then doing his CC stand HK, but it's not really fast enough to be a mixup.

Bison's pressure is extremely linear and it takes excellent (usually plat or above) players to really make his offense not vanilla, as I said above, you don't have to worry about that yet.

Thanks for the great advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom