• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

My experience has been much worse and it all coincides with s2 dropping, so I'm not sure what it could be. I'd say like 85% of my matches in S1 were great, with about 10% with visible, but playable rollback, and 5% unplayable.

Now it's more like 60%/25%/15%. A large portion of playing this game is now wasting my time, and when I play ranked, if I do get a great match, a lot of the time the results don't get uploaded (unless I lose, lololol). It is so much worse at this point that I just do not want to play.

I've had the same experience, the network issues have definitely gotten worse in S2. I've completely given up on playing the game outside of lounges because of it.

Producer

Who knows what they'll change in the next patch though. It really doesn't take a whole lot to swing this game in one direction or the other. S2 as it is They might buff Alex.

Hah yeah pretty much. Honestly im not expecting much from this upcoming patch. Like maybe some random characters medium attack will do 10 more damage or some shit and thats it.

Eh, I feel like a lot of music is just kind of fine?

Some trakcs are real good, like i'm one of the only 5 people who like laura's theme. ( even though I just modded it to be this ), but a lot of it I just find to be ok. And i've modded a lot of the music out when given the oppertunity. Its not bad, its just kinda eh. I like 3rd strike because they took chances and tried new stuff, its why I like karins new theme. But kens theme is kens theme is kens them, and its fine , but i've heard it
I can appreciate that but as someone who likes the upbeat, electronic (but not too much like SF4's) sort of music in this game, the OST has been a godsend.

That Lair of the Four Kings round 1 theme, when the lyrics kick in.... OOOOHHHH BOY!

EDIT: And searching on youtube led me to this absolutely wonderful METAL rendition of that theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJTTj1UAIFo

I don't believe you when you say you don't experience server issues. That's like half of the online experience on certain days.
And yeah, other games have problems, too.

I used to basically not have any issues with the servers since I started playing again in December (when I got proper internet again), with only the occasional 40006. But then it just turned into a complete mess a week or two ago, with frequent 40006s and not infrequent 80001s, and people tell me that it is the norm. So I can easily believe that Reizo Ryuu can have a different experience.

I still rarely get any laggy matches, in contrast with other players in this thread. For example, I had just three or four laggy matches yesterday, out of about 70 matches.

I modded chun li's theme to jago's from the new ki

Its way more fitting than you think
1408.gif

Also, couldn't you do the same for Ryu? I'd imagine that'd fit even better.

Replace Balrog's with TJ Combo's.

Who is SFV's community manager and where/how can you contact them? Haunts did a lot of that, but that wasn't even his job.
Their communication is one-sided through their blog. They've never answered questions about things like loading times and the rest of the long list of QoL improvements. Stuff people have been asking about forever.

It's no community manager's job to just answer questions, it's often in fact the opposite, so they don't say something that might not be true/recanted/nebulous. When they are ready to say something they will, like harrison mentioning they are looking at the feedback of the S2 changes.

We don't know why they can't talk about something you asked, but it wouldn't be any different with an actual community manager, they still have to abide to what the company wants to communicate.

I don't believe you when you say you don't experience server issues. That's like half of the online experience on certain days.
And yeah, other games have problems, too.

Well ok, but I don't, I have the sporadic "failed to login" error, but it works fine on my end when I'm actually playing.

I'm not really talking about content, I think they held up their end of the bargain on that front. QoL and bug fixes, yes.

Ok, that's fine, but I suspect the QoL changes ranked by importance are different for everyone, including capcom.
BGM select was honestly the biggest thing I wanted, so that was great for me, lobby filtering is next on my list, and everything else after that is just gravy, like a mulity lobby like xrd.

I'm sure someone else has "player 2 rematch" as their top priority though.

ElFly

The character stuff is very well done , and a lot of the stages. The music we can have a converstion about

the music is really good and way above the genericness of SF4

it ain't SF Alpha 2, but, then again, A2 music was just perfect

re: server issues. The servers are just embarrassing at this point. the servers just don't receive the results of matches, what, sometimes upwards of 50% of the time? at worst, and at best it will be 10% or some other rate above 0%

this is clearly worse than in S1. What the hell happened!? how did they make the servers _worse_ with a balance patch. it boggles the mind

if someone is claiming they have no server issues, I need to see the fucking receipts, in the form of a decent sized playing session on youtube or twitch, and see no lost results

MrCarter

I can appreciate that but as someone who likes the upbeat, electronic (but not too much like SF4's) sort of music in this game, the OST has been a godsend.

That Lair of the Four Kings round 1 theme, when the lyrics kick in.... OOOOHHHH BOY!

EDIT: And searching on youtube led me to this absolutely wonderful METAL rendition of that theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJTTj1UAIFo

Oh yesss. Beautiful stuff right there. I think the OST in SFV blows the competition out of the water. Very varied and original stuff.

It's mostly used sarcastically on here rather than maliciously but the dead horse has been beaten so thoroughly by this point that not even the glue factory wants it.

I'm just sick of it as a joke. If you wanna dump on the game creatively then go ahead; it's been done hilariously (see: that 1 year anniversary "trailer" someone made and even this very thread title); just don't use it like a crutch when you want to make fun of the game but don't have anything original to say.

But shitposting with quality content takes time!

I've had to turn off the music in SFV, since a lot of tracks just get me too excited during matches. Now I usually put on more relaxing, atmospheric music when playing, so that I can actually concentrate.

But besides that I prefer the music in V to IV, even if a couple of themes in V are a step down. I much prefer Juri's theme in IV to her theme in V, for example. Her theme in V is just sounds half-baked.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Aahhh yes, I see what you mean. The start certainly fits Chun, but when the chanting starts then it fits Ryu more.

Ucchedavāda;231133122 said:
I've had to turn off the music in SFV, since a lot of tracks just get me too excited during matches. Now I usually put on more relaxing, atmospheric music when playing, so that I can actually concentrate.

But besides that I prefer the music in V to IV, even if a couple of themes in V are a step down. I much prefer Juri's theme in IV to her theme in V, for example. Her theme in V is just sounds half-baked.
Killer Instinct will melt your face off, some of the music is so insanely hype. Not a particularly big fan of hip-hop but TJ Combo's theme makes me want to take up boxing every time.

EDIT: I imagine then that you probably like Kolin's theme :D

Village

What akuma theme

You mean killing moon I modded it almost immediately

Aahhh yes, I see what you mean. The start certainly fits Chun, but when the chanting starts then it fits Ryu more.

Killer Instinct will melt your face off, some of the music is so insanely hype. Not a particularly big fan of hip-hop but TJ Combo's theme makes me want to take up boxing every time.

EDIT: I imagine then that you probably like Kolin's theme :D
If sagat gets in im gonna put thunders theme on him

Positives
-Much better point distribution that rewards premier tournaments. Before, it was smarter to just get points at ranking events due to how much easier they were, yet still granted so many points.
-Point distribution extended to more than just top 16
-Online events split up per area of region. Last year most regions only allowed a player to compete in 1 online tournament, but NA players were granted 2 online events to compete at.
-Latin America gets the least amount of premiers. They're by far the weakest region, but they still are able to get into Capcom Cup due to regional finals.
-Group stage for Capcom Cup? I assume they're going to split it up into blocks. Last year they messed up by going through all of winners, then going through all of losers round 1, etc... For example. Last year Mago and Infil lost after the first 2 matches of Capcom Cup. So right after just two matches we knew Mago vs Infil was the first match of losers bracket. Because they decided to go through all of winners, Mago vs Infil had to wait for 14 more matches before they could play their match. If it was split up into 4 blocks, Mago vs Infil would only have to wait for 2 more matches to be able to play their losers match.

Negatives
-Asia the strongest region gets the least amount of ranking events. Particularly Japan which could have used more than 1 event. Once again, this is only going to force the Asian players to snipe points in smaller regions because trying to gain points where most likely most of the best players will compete at is suicide for your capcup chances. The CPT heavily favoring NA players makes it much harder for non-sponsored Asian players to get into Capcom Cup. This messes up seeding as well.

vulva

Music discussions are always so interesting to me for this game. I only ever hear these themes in this thread despite playing the game way more than I ever should have. I get that some people are super in to video game music, so it's cool to see what stands out to people though.

Ucchedavāda;231137234 said:
When are we getting this theme in SFV, Capcom?
I used to run that on a loop while practicing combos in USFIV.

Only if poison ever returns, but she'll prolly get a bomb ass remix like decapre's.
Also, it's roxy turn to have a go, especially with that aluminium bat of hers.

Bigg_Oggy

Maybe I was so beat down with the sf4 training music, that I kinda like sfv's. It's when I hear it in tournaments is when it kills some of the excitement.

Ucchedavāda;231137234 said:
When are we getting this theme in SFV, Capcom?
I used to run that on a loop while practicing combos in USFIV.

I've listened to this one too much. And it's still so damn good! When's Poison, Capcom?

Village

I just want more final fight characters

I like them a lot more then a lot of sf characters to be honest

#WHENSCODY
#WHENSHUGO

That bat though.
I never played the Final Fight games myself, so I just don't really have any nostalgia for Roxy as a character, while I did play Poison in USFIV. I'm not opposed to her being added, just not excited for it either, even if she has a bat. *shrug*

Capcom should fuck with people with their "no characters that were playable in old Street Fighter games in S2" and stick in Roxy.
Or Gorbachev.

Anyone else expected more than CPT details for today's announcement?
No. Expect nothing, that way you'll be pleasantly surprised if Capcom delivers.

Shadoken

I just want more final fight characters

I like them a lot more then a lot of sf characters to be honest

#WHENSCODY
#WHENSHUGO

Final Fight characters also seem a lot more like characters who would do actual "Street Fighting" than the SF cast with their secret ops agents,Illuminati ppl and what not.

Anyone else expected more than CPT details for today's announcement?

I am , I thought for sure they would at least mention the Balance update they are going to do. Would they really have Final Round running on a different version of the game than the rest of CPT?

Shadoken

I think he's okay. They really need to buff the fuck out of his V-Reversal though. It's amazing what a piece of shit that is right now.

His V Reversal is kinda flawed and needs some adjusting. Its either good enough where some characters cant do anything about it. Or its too weak where Nash cant do anything against certain characters.

But yea right now its pretty useless. Almost any semi decent player can just walk back and throw you back into the corner.

There's a new blog-post on Capcom Unity about Kolin, but sadly it is just advertisement with no new information:
Hey everybody!

We hope you’ve enjoyed learning about Kolin all this month. After server maintenance tomorrow, she will be finally joining Akuma and the rest of the Street Fighter V cast. To check out Kolin and her V-System moves, check out our reveal blogpost here.

Don’t forget, the Season 2 Character Pass is now available for $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and will grant pass holders with Akuma, Kolin, in addition to 4 brand new fighters to be announced later this year. The pass comes with Premium Battle Costumes with colors 3-10 unlocked and default costume colors 3-10 for each character. Additionally, Season 2 Character Pass holders will receive an exclusive PS4 theme!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-snow-and-ice-joins-street-fighter-v-tomorrow

In case anyone on Steam is actually considering buying the season 2 pass for tomorrow, then you should know that it is 20% off at Gamesplanet.com, at least on the UK version of that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom