• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW ICYMI, Haunts is alive and well:

Another GAF conspiracy theory shot down...
https://esports.yahoo.com/capcom-pr...-circuit-and-capcom-cup-format-170330257.html

I guess KOF14 is gutter trash indie budget and MKX is just average budget.

Seriously, the way people here ignore NRS budget when talking about the supposed 'quality' of their games is amazing. You guys all remember what MK games looked like BEFORE they were bought by Warner Brothers, right? Yeah.
After WB, I've seen ads for their MK games on bus stops. Extra money to throw around can do that.

We knew he wasn't fired. In fact that was clarified by a Reddit post a few days later. We just didn't know if he was taking time off, quit, or went elsewhere.

Cool that he's esports boy.

Blueblur1

The same day that Haunts social media accounts disappeared I saw a Capcom employee talking about psycho fans who offend and threaten to get their way. Lead me to think that's what happened since he was a visible employee and there are insane fans out there.

The same day that Haunts social media accounts disappeared I saw a Capcom employee talking about psycho fans who offend and threaten to get their way. Lead me to think that's what happened since he was a visible employee and there are insane fans out there.

That sounds depressingly plausible.

Village

Final Fight characters also seem a lot more like characters who would do actual "Street Fighting" than the SF cast with their secret ops agents,Illuminati ppl and what not.
While true, it became more fantastical as time went on. Hell even in the begining, guy is a super ninja and cody is magically super strong.

And I kinda like that SF has wild characters like that, like the Illuminati plotline is litterally the inhuman terrigen mists.

I just wish they would finally get past bison and do crazy shit, because shadowloo is restrictive and dumb.
She was my favorite in 4 and the theme was hype (especially the Torzelan Remix ). The music in 5 doesn't match her personality at all.

I never really found juri's theme to be that hype, its kind of basic in my opinion. A 4 newcomer who's theme I liked, was C viper

kirblar

The rumblings that this was a personal issue and not a professional one would line up with this, sadly.

ElFly

I just won three rounds against a Laura cause she started her bullshit sequence next to me, while I churned 720 + punch, so my super came out on the right frame and grabbed her

two times I started when I didn't even have 3 bars and just let her punching to build up super meter

e: she had 4000lp when we started

mbpm1

kingbroly pls

mbpm1

Sagat revealed to be sleeping through SFV
Gj33qkx.jpg

Shadoken

Seriously, the way people here ignore NRS budget when talking about the supposed 'quality' of their games is amazing. You guys all remember what MK games looked like BEFORE they were bought by Warner Brothers, right? Yeah.
After WB, I've seen ads for their MK games on bus stops. Extra money to throw around can do that.

This is a fair point. Up until WB bought them MK was no big gold standard. As seen by how horrid and buggy the gameplay was pre-MK9. A huge publisher like WB allows them to do that.

But I still think SFV got shafted by Capcom , The Sony deal was clearly made to bring more money in. But instead of going from AA->AAA. It just seemed like it stayed the same.

What's super depressing is that people will scout out any Capcom related thing, whether it be Ono's Twitter posts, an article, or even a clip of a player doing something, and just go stupid. Like, there's a dude who goes through bombass Topanga league things and just calls the game stale.

Homeboy, spend that time playing video games or something.

Or I'll see dudes trying to egg on pro players and say shit like "man this game is trash stop promoting it".

SFV has a lot of problems, but spending your entire day shitposting, threatening, and trashing the game when you could be doing twenty other productive and fun things makes no sense.

Edit: On another note, I thought my scrubby Akuma was getting a little better until I met a Gief. Kill me.

kirblar

One real issue that this has exposed: the games as service model only works when you have frequent content updates. SFV does not have those and its a big problem.

ElFly

got bodied by a Karin even tho I won a match, also by churning 720 in one of her sequences.

this is how bad habits are formed!

In the end I had no answer at all for her crossups

I really need to clean up my controller. My jab button is starting to get stuck

Edit: On another note, I thought my scrubby Akuma was getting a little better until I met a Gief. Kill me.

only jump at gief to dive kick, Ex air Fireball or crossups. even Demon Flip -> Dive kick is a no no too, as Akuma takes a ton of time to start the dive kick from the flip

Most of the music in this game doesn't do much for me. I don't really dislike any of it, but I don't feel strongly about it either. Out of the character themes, the only ones I really love are Vega's, Rashid's and Balrog's. I like Urien's well enough too, but not as much as his old ones. I'm not really familiar with the stage themes.

got bodied by a Karin even tho I won a match, also by churning 720 in one of her sequences.

this is how bad habits are formed!

In the end I had no answer at all for her crossups

I really need to clean up my controller. My jab button is starting to get stuck

only jump at gief to dive kick, Ex air Fireball or crossups. even Demon Flip -> Dive kick is a no no too, as Akuma takes a ton of time to start the dive kick from the flip

I forgot he had a normal dive kick. Goddamnit.

Akuma is so much fun though. Once you get him going that damage is beautiful.

MrCarter

What's super depressing is that people will scout out any Capcom related thing, whether it be Ono's Twitter posts, an article, or even a clip of a player doing something, and just go stupid. Like, there's a dude who goes through bombass Topanga league things and just calls the game stale.

That's what you may call a lowlife. Sometimes when I see this stuff it reminds me that they are just overly bitter and salty morons who think that "thier" fighting game is not doing as well in terms of popularity and use SFV to vent. Ridiculous.

mitchlol

My problem with the release schedule is that we don't see any of the new characters in CPT events because players haven't had enough time to learn them and get them tournament ready. I would be very surprised if we even see a Kolin in top 32 at EVO. And outside of Akuma how many of the new DLC characters do we expect to see at Capcom cup? Its more likely the next time we will see 2017 DLC characters at tournaments will be the following year. So really what is the point of trickling out these characters, why not just do a massive content drop a few days after Capcom Cup, followed by a rebalance before the CPT begins. And a final balance tweak (if necessary) after EVO.

Hah. Reminds me of when I first tried picking up Rog in SFV, not too long ago. Thought he was a bit odd compared to what I remembered from IV, but still had fun. Then I ran into a Gief in Casuals.

Didn't pick him again for something like a month.

Honestly looking at that list, who on there is really terrible? I mean, some of the players on there are clearly above others, and some other people could be swapped out, but SFV is blowup city and anything can happen.

That's what you may call a lowlife. Sometimes when I see this stuff it reminds me that they are just overly bitter and salty morons who think that "thier" fighting game is not doing as well in terms of popularity and use SFV to vent. Ridiculous.

I'm inclined to believe most of them probably play "Shitpost On The Internet" over any other fighting game tbh.

My problem with the release schedule is that we don't see any of the new characters in CPT events because players haven't had enough time to learn them and get them tournament ready. I would be very surprised if we even see a Kolin in top 32 at EVO. And outside of Akuma how many of the new DLC characters do we expect to see at Capcom cup? Its more likely the next time we will see 2017 DLC characters at tournaments will be the following year. So really what is the point of trickling out these characters, why not just do a massive content drop a few days after Capcom Cup, followed by a rebalance before the CPT begins. And a final balance tweak (if necessary) after EVO.

I guess it kinda depends on the characters themselves. I mean, it doesn't take THAT long to learn a character in SFV. Kolin will probably take longer than most, but her being a good counter to jump-heavy people already places her at a viable part of people's lists. And nobody is gonna want to wait for content over characters at the moment. They don't have the goodwill for that.

Besides, Urien wasn't out that long and he got spotted at a few events.

Demon flip throw also beats the lariat at good angles

Fuck time to lab it up. I've been playing three matches and spotting my three worst things and running back to training mode to fix it.

Ucchedavāda;231148256 said:
Hah. Reminds me of when I first tried picking up Rog in SFV, not too long ago. Thought he was a bit odd compared to what I remembered from IV, but still had fun. Then I ran into a Gief in Casuals.

Didn't pick him again for something like a month.

I watched PR Rog play a Gief. Dude had to basically wait for Gief to do something. Smug just watches for limbs and catches them, but Smug's reactions are insane in the first place.

The benefit to trickling out the characters is that it helps keep the game fresh, even if the DLC characters do not make it into the CPT events. It means that even people who are bored with the current cast have a reason to return every few months, and people who kept playing get new characters to play (against) to keep their interest alive. So it makes a lot of sense to trickle out content in this way. Postponing the release of DLC characters has no benefit that I can see, since it just makes certain that we won't see DLC characters at any events (not just CPT), while missing out on the above benefits on top.

Finally living at a place with sane internet. Streamed SFV with no issues for two hours. :D

Even if like two people are watching, it is nice to be able to actually talk through your own matches as you play.

MrCarter

This is only true with the mindset that only the top like 50 players are good at the game and anything below is trash.

Its a terrible way of thinking if you ask me.

Gootecks is clearly good at the game.

I concur.

Finally living at a place with sane internet. Streamed SFV with no issues for two hours. :D

Even if like two people are watching, it is nice to be able to actually talk through your own matches as you play.

Twitch?

Season pass 1. It comes with 6 dlc characters + their premium costumes + 3-10 colors of their default (I think, from reading the description from psn).

That sounds like a pretty good deal, assuming that you are interested in some of the characters. I don't think it has even been that low on Steam.

This is only true with the mindset that only the top like 50 players are good at the game and anything below is trash.

Its a terrible way of thinking if you ask me.

Gootecks is clearly good at the game.

Smush Parker and Kwame Brown would bop all of us free in basketball, but it doesn't stop me from saying they suck because we're comparing them to the top players of the game.
Honestly looking at that list, who on there is really terrible? I mean, some of the players on there are clearly above others, and some other people could be swapped out, but SFV is blowup city and anything can happen.
Would you bet on those guys getting out of the group stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom