• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinko

Hypothetically, if one of you fine folks won Capcom Cup, what kind of costume would you design and for which character?

Hrmm.... I imagine it goes beyond the limits of what's allowed but a Rule 63 Rashid would be cool. (on a lighter note, no one has even drawn this apparently so while I wait for Kolin to go live I might have to make one :p ) , but seriously though if it were a regular costume kept to the limits of what the engine can do without actually changing the character themselves ?

Assuming "classic" outfits are out here because they can sell those separately (such as the forth coming entries for Alex and Ibuki) , I'd also want to see a casual Mika outfit , her swimwear with the coat kept on is pretty close to that I guess. A dolemite skin for Balrog would be cool but they had something awfully similar to that in SF4 if I recall correctly.

How about a ganguro Karin ? :p

After trying out Juri, I like how I can store her qcf lk, mk, and hk without holding a button. I finished her trial last night, and went to training mode to practice with her. Any advice on combos or match ups?

peter0611

I'm sorry Mike. You seem like a cool guy from interviews and my interaction with you in stream chats. But you getting this work from Punk again.

FluxWaveZ

Obviously!

S1 goes without saying, though. Especially since I was a Mika main, I was more aware of it than anyone else (and how it made me doubt my own victories, concerning whether the character was just carrying me or not).
UmDnXgn.jpg
it5ynGr.jpg
6iTbHLQ.png

That era's (unfortunately) over, though. That's fine, it's been too long to care. But what matters now is Urien and Laura, and I am so strongly anticipating what happens to them.

I should note, I'm talking about those two in particular while ignoring Balrog, Guile and even Cammy. I hate those two so damn much.

Punk about to put this poor boy in a body bag.

And fuck me I'm 4,450 FM away from Kolin. I have barely done any of the trials but my execution is terrible. Time to grind.

S1 goes without saying, though. Especially since I was a Mika main, I was more aware of it than anyone else (and how it made me doubt my own victories, concerning whether the character was just carrying me or not).

6iTbHLQ.png

That era's (unfortunately) over, though. That's fine, it's been too long to care. But what matters now is Urien and Laura, and I am so strongly anticipating what happens to them.

I should note, I'm talking about those two in particular while ignoring Balrog, Guile and even Cammy. I hate those two so damn much.

They'll be back to like Ryu or Ken areas of frustration and not Mika levels. I don't think they'll go anywhere lower than where they are, but they'll be normalized a bit.

That's how competitions work though.

You misunderstood what I said. I'm talking about the extra money from the dlc package. I think it sucked that they largely only gave it to the 1st place winner when the winner was already getting $120k which already towered over every other player's prize money. It should have been spread out more evenly to the rest of the top 32. This would have ensured everyone get money because it costs a lot of money to travel for the whole year, yet 1st place winner would still probably get like $140-150k.

ElFly

this fucking game

get matched against a super gold Guile, my Zangief ekes out a victory. the game doesn't count my points

then I get bodied in the rematch. of fucking course the server is now up to take away 60 LP

then I win the third match and again, no server on the other side

hahaha well at least I am still Gold!

You misunderstood what I said. I'm talking about the extra money from the dlc package. I think it sucked that they largely only gave it to the 1st place winner when the winner was already getting $120k which already towered over every other player's prize money. It should have been spread out more evenly to the rest of the top 32. This would have ensured everyone get money because it costs a lot of money to travel for the whole year, yet 1st place winner would still probably get like $140-150k.

Ahh I see what you mean. Yeah hopefully they can spread it out more. Some events do offer a payout for winners though.

And man punk is nailing this kid. Stop the match. Stop the damn match. Punk has mastered spacing in this game and that's a big advantage over most players already.

Bigg_Oggy

After trying out Juri, I like how I can store her qcf lk, mk, and hk without holding a button. I finished her trial last night, and went to training mode to practice with her. Any advice on combos or match ups?

Here's a few:

No stocks/charges- stMP, stMK, qcb MK; stLP, stLP, LP/HP Tensenrin
LK Fuha stored- target combo (stMP, b/fHP) LK Fuha release, qcb HK
MK Fuha stored - stHP, MK Fuha release, crMP, qcb MK

This video has a bunch of combos in it that you may find interesting.

Shadoken

Amen to that. It'd be a damn shame if Gill himself wasn't playable at some point.

I think he will be a story mode exclusive boss. I mean they can just reuse Urien. The game already has Flame and Freeze effects from other characters. His supers might need a new animation.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, so when Kolin "freezes" an opponent instead of them being stunned, their health drains in that state. I didn't know about that.

Spoil me on Colons story. I won't have her until later tonight.
It takes place before the main story. In a flashback, Kolin narrates about how war took everything from her, her home, and she had lost all hope. Flash forward, Guile runs into her while looking for Charlie, and they get into a fight. Afterwards, another flashback happens. Just as she gives up completely, Gill appears before her in angelic light, promising that she can help build a new country to call home; a country of God. Flash forward again, and Charlie awakens.

It takes place before the main story. In a flashback, Kolin narrates about how war took everything from her, her home, and she had lost all hope. Flash forward, Guile runs into her while looking for Charlie, and they get into a fight. Afterwards, another flashback happens. Just as she gives up completely, Gill appears before her in angelic light, promising that she can help build a new country to call home; a country of God. Flash forward again, and Charlie awakens.

I guess she was never meant to have a deep story, but it fills in some story blanks I guess.

Little sad she didn't get more fights. That's kinda ridiuclous.

YO PUNK MADE IKE DO THE WHOLE "BETTER CHECK MY PHONE TO AVOID THIS AWKWARD MOMENT" YOOOO STAHHHPPPPPPPP

MCD250

Kolin's normals feel heavy as shit. I also didn't realize that her hundred hand slap was tappable. You can literally do target combo into tapped heavy slap for knockdown.

Double hitting sweep, first hit cancellable.

She seems kinda neat so far.

Wow, that's cool. Not sure how practical it is since you can still do your own combo, but that's nifty.

How long is the Bengus was rushed excuse valid? I don't see any reason for rushing him with the DLC characters. The Kolin one can be as she was considered part of the original cast, but I'm talking about future DLC characters. How long until it's fair to say Bengus sucks now?

Infiltration streaming some Kolin. I dont' know how to access chat though.
https://tv.kakao.com/channel/2677428/livelink/112064

edit: He switched to twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85

The Struggle is real, the damage is shit, she does very little damage with meh buttons..

Some of the set ups nice...still learning..

How long is the Bengus was rushed excuse valid? I don't see any reason for rushing him with the DLC characters. The Kolin one can be as she was considered part of the original cast, but I'm talking about future DLC characters. How long until it's fair to say Bengus sucks now?

I dont think he sucks so much as he is cutting corners with this art.

I thought his poster for the USF2 looked pretty good. Poster

Well the only excuse I can think of is that they're also having him draw art for MvC:I at the same time as having to draw art for this, which would to some extent justify it.

Though tbh, I was talking about Kolin's V-Trigger, not the art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom