• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
These two look like they're in different games lol

C5zUZSVU0AAZmwE.jpg:large

Mr. X

So Kolin has a couple of cancelable on hit only stuff with her qcb+mk chains and first hit of crHK. Sucks if you're use to sweep into VT.

crHP and air throw are amazing anti air options.

QcbHK let's you do d+mk real low.

The hand part of dp+p negates fireballs.

nded

The only slightly off thing I've noticed is how when you do her super, that last time the opponent loose health seems a little late and not really connected to any animations.

I'm pretty sure this is so Kolin's CA freeze frames on her butt when she KOs.

Whales

Banned
Is this another case of, "I don't like thing, therefore thing sucks"?

no, more like 5 mins in training room and testing her out

the main problem being that her fucking sweep can connect on the first hit and miss on the second... really capcom?

Village

Yeah, the artist for alot of the models are different, and you can tell in the base roster. Geif's face looks way better than a lot of characters. And odds are they don't want another ken's face issue so there has been improvements to how they handle the proces

Edzi

I don't know why they refuse to tweak his character select pose.

no, more like 5 mins in training room and testing her out

the main problem being that her fucking sweep can connect on the first hit and miss on the second... really capcom?

Are you seriously mad that her sweep is somewhat unique/different from other character's? It's also cancelable on hit, which gives you more options.

TheOGB

Banned
It still weirds me out how detailed Necalli's skin is compared to everyone else's

Also they really need to copy the hair from Mika's story costume and paste it on the default costume

I don't understand what her gameplan is? The ice cubes only seem to be good for some incredibly low damage oki setups. Her double jump is weird, her counters seem weird and don't really flow into anything yet. But she does seem to be really fun to play so far.

Also you get 2 ice stomps off of v trigger. Idk if you guys know that but nobody seems to be using it that I've played.

mbpm1

I don't understand what her gameplan is? The ice cubes only seem to be good for some incredibly low damage oki setups. Her double jump is weird, her counters seem weird and don't really flow into anything yet. But she does seem to be really fun to play so far.

Also you get 2 ice stomps off of v trigger. Idk if you guys know that but nobody seems to be using it that I've played.

Ice cubes seem to have major blockstun. I have time to walk up sweep from just inside half screen and its a true blockstring from ice cube.

Not sure what you would be able to make tight there besides that with some more walking but they seem good for something.

Her double jump is near useless but her counters are ALL hard knockdowns. there must be something that can be done from them.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Producer. Those were some really interesting matches. You didn't use counters very much, but I was using them frequently earlier in our games, when they were working. Then you started empty jumping and varying your offense, which made me start to hesitate a lot. In exchange, though, that also made you back off sometimes on wake-up, or go for throws more than you normally would. I didn't exploit those openings enough, but I think striking fear with those counters like that is how it's gonna work.

Landing a counter is so satisfying. And getting countered makes you feel like an idiot. It's a cool dynamic.

She's a fun character. That walk speed really throws me off in the area of throws, though. Can't shimmy like I normally do, and I feel weird walking up so slowly to a blocking opponent to go for a throw.

That double jump to get out of the corner is pretty silly. It seems like a good way to do it, or at least force the opponent to back off of you in anticipation of it.

Blueblur1

Looks like Kolin has some unique lighting going on that applies only to her. It's pronounced in that screenshot and in gameplay in some stages. Probably something they did to give her a unique glow presumably pertaining to her ice powers.

Or it's something they forgot to turn off. Regardless she clashes with the other characters because of it.

Edit: And Ken's model is still ugly as sin of course.

mbpm1

GGs, Producer. Those were some really interesting matches. You didn't use counters very much, but I was using them frequently earlier in our games, when they were working. Then you started empty jumping and varying your offense, which made me start to hesitate a lot. In exchange, though, that also made you back off sometimes on wake-up, or go for throws more than you normally would. I didn't exploit those openings enough, but I think striking fear with those counters like that is how it's gonna work.

Landing a counter is so satisfying. And getting countered makes you feel like an idiot. It's a cool dynamic.

She's a fun character.

Counters are definitely the most fun part.

Countering balrog's dash punch feels really good. I countered a kolin in neutral and then she reversal ex countered my meaty and that was hype.

Whales

Banned
anyone up for a lobby? I need to test kolin out, my opinion on her went from ''feels like trash'' to ''feels fun'' lol

CFN: Whales

Ferrio

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";231236514]cLK, cLP xx back spin, LP ice ball dash forward to get cLK to link into sFP is the gimmick. it's crazy unsafe.[/QUOTE]

I don't even see why you'd wanna try this.

Producer

She's a fun character. That walk speed really throws me off in the area of throws, though. Can't shimmy like I normally do, and I feel weird walking up so slowly to a blocking opponent to go for a throw.

That double jump to get out of the corner is pretty silly. It seems like a good way to do it, or at least force the opponent to back off of you in anticipation of it.

GGs flux. Hah yeah i dont think im gonna use the counters very much, too afraid of the empty jump and guessing wrong. I really need the frame data so i know when to press stuff and when to hang back. One thing though was i was having trouble doing jump back os. Think i just gotta get used to the wakeup timing but alot of times it wasnt coming out and i was getting hit free. Shes alot of fun though.

Grakl

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";231236514]cLK, cLP xx back spin, LP ice ball dash forward to get cLK to link into sFP is the gimmick. it's crazy unsafe.[/QUOTE]

well I figured the first part was just added on to the combo beforehand, because I can only ever see a turtle that literally cannot figure out how a stick works ever getting hit by that

Edzi

GGs flux. Hah yeah i dont think im gonna use the counters very much, too afraid of the empty jump and guessing wrong. I really need the frame data so i know when to press stuff and when to hang back. One thing though was i was having trouble doing jump back os. Think i just gotta get used to the wakeup timing but alot of times it wasnt coming out and i was getting hit free. Shes alot of fun though.

There seems to be a new Android app named FDV that has her frame data. Seems like it's using tool assisted's data.

Even with my current junked stick I had to get some play time in tonight, but I guess the servers had other plans. I think Capcom should stick to leaving Steam to handle the data side of things instead of insisting on downloading updates in-game. Kolin's fun though, but quirky.

I think Bengus still has it in him. He's definitely been cutting corners lately though, and his digital painting style sucks.
Yeah, I was actually impressed with the art in Kolin's story mode. Gill's face is striking.

Pachinko

Well I did 4 trials, played the 1 stage story mode , spent 15 minutes in training mode and had 8 matches with a friend. I like Kolins playstyle but I don't love it.

Her basic special (QCF+P) reminds me of Decapre's (<--,->+P), even has very similar sound effects. The counter move and resulting throw is totally dead or alive, right down to guessing the height , of course the timing is WAY tighter than DOA but there it is, similar sense of satisfaction using it.

Her rekka-ish attack is kind of odd , it's closer to Karins palms/shoulders than it is to something like the classic fei long 1-2-3. Some decent variety in how you use it. The other command normals and target combos are alright. ->+HK seems like a pretty strong poke, it even worked as an anti-air but , you know it's also a heavy so I imagine it's unsafe as hell. The double jump is pretty satisfying , allow her some fantastic mobility too, of course her walking speed and generally stubby normals (outside of the heavy attacks) force you to get in a bit more often.

Vskill seems kind of average, it was funny to see my friend and I launch it at each other at the same time, the animation plays for both and nothing happens in the end. Vtrigger and freeze mechanic is pretty great - should lead to some pretty hype setups by the pros.

I'm really curious how she'll sit after people spend a month with her, I imagine a good number of people will play her for a day or 2 and get bored and obviously it's day 1 but I don't think she's some godlike upper tier character, certainly the counter attack helps with some of the higher damage characters in the top 5 but that's the same level of guess work required by maximizing a crush counter. Seems to be firmly in the middle of the pack as far as I'm concerned which probably means people will be teiring her near the bottom :p

From an aesthetics point - her model and animations are actually pretty well done , it's still SFV play-dough hair that moves like an octopus but it works. The tactical gear looks better in game then I expected too.

KingBroly

Banned
I love her pointing animation when you back up

I think that this
Taylor
will be playable this year.

EDIT: Wait? That was it for Kolin's story? Lame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom