• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Boring colors with same hair and complexion bleh. Interesting moveset, she has ducks and feints so I feel at home atm.

Whales

Banned
no one is up for a lobby? i really dont feel like waiting ages for the game to load everytime I play casual :/

CFN: Whales

mbpm1

tumblr_om4gu9GhQz1usrgjso1_540.gif

tumblr_om4gu9GhQz1usrgjso2_540.gif

Whales

Banned
ggs gstar

My kolin is so fuckin trash lol... not sure if its worth it for me to try and learn her, I suck ass with technical characters

Grifter

ggs gstar

My kolin is so fuckin trash lol... not sure if its worth it for me to try and learn her, I suck ass with technical characters
ggs man. Give it a couple days. I was just checking out her pokes and whatever I can get off of that sweep cancel. Stand MP seemed to work well as a counter poke that could buffer into super
Counter can't, but v-skill can.
Not even ex counter? Is v-s a built in counter too? Want sure how to use but it was stopping stuff.

Caim

Counter is so satisfying to pull off.

Also it seems like mid-counter works on all Shoryukens except light which instead requires high counter, is this a bug?

Style combo with a meaty overhead setup:

lOPAg5.gif

try doing this combo without the sLK frame kill in the middle. it took me forever to get the 2nd ex hands to juggle reliably.

Edzi

ggs man. Give it a couple days. I was just checking out her pokes and whatever I can get off of that sweep cancel. Stand MP seemed to work well as a counter poke that could buffer into super

Not even ex counter? Is v-s a built in counter too? Want sure how to use but it was stopping stuff.

Only V-Skill can counter supers as far as I know. V-skill is also a counter, but doubles as a far reaching poke too that I think can be safe if spaced correctly. It auto counters any normal that meets it while it's active.

Whales

Banned
She's been out for like 2 hours, dude.

I already know my dude

Kolin the type of char that will take me 10x more hours in training room to do decent compared to any other chara, I just know it

she looks like the kind of char that you need some tech skills to play. I aint got that

Maybe im wrong , ill play around with her a little more tommorow. I desperately need a bnb list lol

note that once you do the 2nd ex hands nothing else will juggle so don't bother trying. no mk dash into sweep, no hk dash into air throw, not even v trigger or v skill.

MCD250

Feel like counters are very much gonna Kolin's bread and butter. She's somewhat slow and her damage output is low as well. V-Skill, V-Trigger and (especially) her qcb+P counters help make up for it.

Oh, and calling it now: grapplers are gonna be a bitch for her to deal with.

mbpm1

It seems like on counters Kolin takes relatively little grey damage. that's good

Feel like counters are very much gonna Kolin's bread and butter. She's somewhat slow and her damage output is low as well. V-Skill, V-Trigger and (especially) her qcb+P counters help make up for it.

Oh, and calling it now: grapplers are gonna be a bitch for her to deal with.

she's slow until she starts doing dash cancel shenanigans. that part of her game feels laura-esque, or maybe ibuki-esque. But that's going to be hard to use well.

Mr. X

Her qcb P counters won't be viable for long. Counters like that historically suck.

Her VSkill will be worthwhile if it remains as is.

Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";231239388]Style combo with a meaty overhead setup:

lOPAg5.gif

try doing this combo without the sLK frame kill in the middle. it took me forever to get the 2nd ex hands to juggle reliably.[/QUOTE]

This damage is lol worthy, i don't see her being anything above low mid tier hanging around Ibuki and Juri.

So I'm missing my Christmas DLC but I checked my purchase history and it shows me as buying it. Any easy way to force the game to re-download it since it's not in the store?

Edit: Redownloaded the patch and they came back.

Mr. X

I don't think Ibuki is low tier anymore.

juri we'll see.

How do you mean
Characters with counters like that (Axl, Geese, A3 Karin) don't rely on them and it's better off you forget them since risk outweighs reward. You're in CH state for her qcb counters, not for vskill. Vskill also has an attack that comes out regardless if it absorbs a hit.

Edzi

Characters with counters like that (Axl, Geese, A3 Karin) don't rely on them and it's better off you forget them since risk outweighs reward. You're in CH state for her qcb counters, not for vskill. Vskill also has an attack that comes out regardless if it absorbs a hit.

I dunno, this game relies a lot on hard reads so I think they'll be good, especially considering how much damage they do. Plus, her entire v-trigger is designed around baiting the opponent to hit you.

I dunno, this game relies a lot on hard reads so I think they'll be good, especially considering how much damage they do. Plus, her entire v-trigger is designed around baiting the opponent to hit you.

I feel like she will shine with players that are master baiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom