• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but I'm really kinda bummed that they didn't replace the Helen model from the Story Mode cutscenes with the new Kolin model.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, is Kolin the anti-V-Reversal character? You have to be really careful when to use it against her.

Oh and this is why the servers went to shit:
unbenanntdlj0b.png

Player numbers almost tripled.
Does Capcom realise how a lot of people come back to the game at moments like this?

Haunts previously mentioned that the US team was sending bug-reports to the JP team for inclusion in the issue-tracker that they were working on. One month later, and nothing has been added to the tracker:
http://game.capcom.com/sfv_support/en/index.html

I initially thought they might do it with the release of Kolin, and assuming that they haven't dropped it, or that they don't just suddenly do an unexpected info-dump, then the balance patch announcement this month could be a plausible time-frame instead.

KingBroly

Banned
CPT had a one week rule last year. Not sure if anything has changed.

We're looking at late April/early May then early/mid July assuming they spread them out.

I expect July will have some kind of Major Update, given how the UI is right now.

That tracker is such a joke. I wouldn't even leave it online tbh.

I don't know what issues they plan to address with it. Server stuff can be handled with the Twitter and content and QoL stuff can be handled with a general outline. I guess massive problems? But things like fixing the server are already happening so wouldn't be a point to listing it.

I keep getting installation failed at 8%. Feels bad man. I just want to play :(

Hook your cord directly into the PS4 from the modem. Some routers don't play nice with certain games. I've had to do that for a handful of my library.

The original quote was about UI/UX, you can go google what that is, if you don't understand.

Nah, no need to engage you anymore than this post. You skip over things, move goalposts, and after saying that NRS has a better balancing system than SF, I know I can't take you seriously. At best, you are a low grade KingBroly, and the bait has gotten too stale. Bye.

Spuck-uk

Banned
KI and MKX use rollback netcode and by all accounts play pretty much flawlessly online. SF5 needs to figure its shit out.

I really don't enjoy KI as a game, but I have to admit, the netcode is the best out there.

It's a 3d game, so others really don't have an excuse for not stepping up.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Ucchedavāda;231243912 said:
Haunts previously mentioned that the US team was sending bug-reports to the JP team for inclusion in the issue-tracker that they were working on. One month later, and nothing has been added to the tracker:
http://game.capcom.com/sfv_support/en/index.html

I initially thought they might do it with the release of Kolin, and assuming that they haven't dropped it, or that they don't just suddenly do an unexpected info-dump, then the balance patch announcement this month could be a plausible time-frame instead.

Have they actually stated a balance patch is coming, or are they just 'looking into it'

Have they actually stated a balance patch is coming, or are they just 'looking into it'

It has been confirmed, though they've only announced the announcement so far:
At this time, we can confirm additional changes are in the works to bring characters in-line with how we envision them to perform. We can't share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an announcement early March.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-of-snow-and-ice-kolin-joins-street-fighter-v

Spuck-uk

Banned
I know FPS and fighters doesn't exactly work the same way, but their answer is pure PR. The complaints they mention about FPS do apply to fighting games using roll back netcodes, roll backs happen, people complain about them, they ruin some games and everyone moves on(some might complain on forums ;p).

Also, storing states for rollback uses is extremely simple in a fighter, even a game like SFIV was always recording both characters states the whole round for replay playback, the big issue is rolling back 3D keyframed animation.
In a sprite based game, rollbacks are easier because each state has a corresponding sprite. With real-time 3D animation, you have key frames at the start of the animation and another key frame at the end, the in between animation is drawn by connecting the dots between the two keyframes. Now say if you had to roll back to a point in the middle of an attack animation where there are no key frames, determining what the animation would look like at that frame require a lot more work than just pulling the corresponding sprite.

Doesn't Xrd Keyframe every frame specifically to make it look 2d, even though it's not?

Then again, game does some frankly insane stuff in all aspects of its artwork.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Characters with counters like that (Axl, Geese, A3 Karin) don't rely on them and it's better off you forget them since risk outweighs reward. You're in CH state for her qcb counters, not for vskill. Vskill also has an attack that comes out regardless if it absorbs a hit.

Geese counters are legit in KoF14, 800+ damage from a counter is enough to give anyone pause.

Hook your cord directly into the PS4 from the modem. Some routers don't play nice with certain games. I've had to do that for a handful of my library.

Mine was still getting errors directly into the modem.

This is just coincidence, but I had the tekken 7 pre order theme on. I turned my theme back to flow and it speed up and finished, lol.

myco666

Just did the Kolin trials. Seems fun but not sure if she is for me.

Just had a 30 second loading screen, going from demonstrations to the main menu.

Aah, Ive missed this

I like that it has that 30 second loading screen. Gives me time to reflect on what I have just learned.

myco666

They are. When match is starting you can easily pull up your notes on the MU and read them. When match is over and you are loading back to training mode you can easily write down more notes about the MU.

Thanks Capcom.

jett

D-Member
Man, is Kolin the anti-V-Reversal character? You have to be really careful when to use it against her.

Does Capcom realise how a lot of people come back to the game at moments like this?

I've abandoned this game but I still check in to keep up with news about it... Can't believe it's been a year and the servers are still garbage (except when the game is in its usual semi-dead state). How can they not handle such a miserable amount of players?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've abandoned this game but I still check in to keep up with news about it... Can't believe it's been a year and the servers are still garbage (except when the game is in its usual semi-dead state). How can they not handle such a miserable amount of players?

The servers don't work right even during the unpopular periods, though the loading delays are specific to these surges in userbase.

Just remember, nothing about this game is low budget. Definitely not the server setup, no sir.

Skilletor

I did her trials, and it took over a minute to load after I finished them, all of my rewards kept showing up as I scrolled through the menus, further slowing down navigation. At that point I said fuck this and just went to play Horizon.

Got booted from the server. After waiting 15 minutes for a match.

You know what, screw this. It doesn't matter if they put in a buxom redheaded French Lady with Honda's moveset, I'm not coming back to this game till they fix the online.

Though I'll still try to pop in this thread from time to time to shitpost and post the michael jordan laughing gif when people try to defend the game.

Kolin seems really fun but goddamn the servers and the long loading screens and the online play leave such a bad taste in the mouth.

stn

But that push back makes it safe enough to punish a move on recovery. But Cr.MK can go through it.
Is this the mashed LP version? I tested non-mashed last night and it definitely gets beat on block by SRK's and any 3F jab. I'm not a frame data guy but I believe they're -3 on block.

mbpm1

You know what, screw this. It doesn't matter if they put in a buxom redheaded French Lady with Honda's moveset, I'm not coming back to this game till they fix the online.

Though I'll still try to pop in this thread from time to time to shitpost and post the michael jordan laughing gif when people try to defend the game.

I stuck with it for a while, but last night getting dc'd 5 matches in a row at the white screen was too much for me.

Another Fight is coming your way!
*swoosh*
*Enh enh*

x

Bob White

Glad I'm not the only one that's fed up with this broken shit. The gaps of time between me taking a break are getting bigger and bigger. New character hype that died down within fucking minutes. Not because she's ass, but because I just don't want to wait 10 min for a match to only have it disconnect after the first set.

Yeah don't even fuck with this game online until they fix these garbage ass problems. And to think, just a few days ago at least you could get into a match and play it. Can't even do that right now.

Whatever they need to do to increase server capacity, they need to do it asap.

Is this the mashed LP version? I tested non-mashed last night and it definitely gets beat on block by SRK's and any 3F jab. I'm not a frame data guy but I believe they're -3 on block.

It's has to been with Cr.LK xx Cr.LP xx Light Daggers in order to get enough push back.

kobu

Yeah don't even fuck with this game online until they fix these garbage ass problems. And to think, just a few days ago at least you could get into a match and play it. Can't even do that right now.

Whatever they need to do to increase server capacity, they need to do it asap.

They need to just scrap everything and start over when it comes to this game online. We've put up with this shit for way too long and it's starting to piss me off.

myco666

Lmao now that I am trying to come back to play this game everyone seems to be dropping it. I chose poorly.

Kolin seems really fun but goddamn the servers and the long loading screens and the online play leave such a bad taste in the mouth.

That is the game saying you have played it enough for now and maybe it is a good time for you to take a break. It thinks about your well being.

mbpm1

They need to just scrap everything and start over when it comes to this game online. We've put up with this shit for way too long and it's starting to piss me off.
I mean I got used to the servers and constant error Data not sent to server before

But everytime I got used to online being what it was somehow something would magically get worse.

They're Diablo 3'ing it up over a year later. This hasn't been this bad since launch almost. Just why? And if it's really bc of the influx of players then when will they return to pre-Kolin state? Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom