• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to just scrap everything and start over when it comes to this game online. We've put up with this shit for way too long and it's starting to piss me off.

Starting over would mean overhauling the game's online system, and probably taking it down for a while no? Like taking down all the CFN stuff, the infrastructure, etc? I really don't know shit about networking, so I might be off-base, but with their problems they would be better off just increasing server capacity for influxes of players like this and simply fixing the errors. I don't think a full overhaul is necessary for both those things.

Everything they do is so slow and glacial, and then you get major shifts in quality like this.

I mean I got used to the servers and constant error Data not sent to server before

But everytime I got used to online being what it was somehow something would magically get worse.

They're Diablo 3'ing it up over a year later. This hasn't been this bad since launch almost. Just why? And if it's really bc of the influx of players then when will they return to pre-Kolin state? Idk

This current fuckery is probably due to a ton of people jumping on for Kolin at once. The same thing happened when Akuma dropped for a couple of days. But, again, this shows me whatever is going on in the background has yet to address server loads since December.

Village

Much like the random weird Nash evil costume that popped up months ago and nothing seems to be done with, apparently there is a chun li color in the game aswell

ummm

I wonder if you get assigned to certain matchmaking servers and some work better than others

Maybe. But server load would still be the issue regardless of where you are put, right?

Ucchedavāda;231256034 said:
It is certainly possible.
You can try restarting the game if the servers are crapping out, and see if that helps.

If I get the will to boot up the game onilne, I'll try this.

Pompadour

I found a picture of the guy that sold Capcom their networking system.

latest

Blueblur1

Much like the random weird Nash evil costume that popped up months ago and nothing seems to be done with, apparently there is a chun li color in the game aswell

I saw that HiFightTH tweeted that its a special color for Mizuha for winning RAGE Master League Suzaku Cup last year. The other special color is a Nash color for Yukadon. He won a Japanese (or other Asian?) event last year.

That's neat. But what about the rest of us scrubs? And... [Insert obligatory complaint about the rest of the games ridiculous problems.]

Edit: I would post the link but Twitter is blocked at work.

myco666

Oh yeah I remember that. It was the one where he had some symbol on the back of his jacket, right?

Village

That's so random, lol. Is it Shadow Lady?
Sorta, but the colors of the outfit and skin aren't the same

I saw that HiFightTH tweeted that its a special color for Mizuha for winning RAGE Master League Suzaku Cup last year. The other special color is a Nash color for Yukadon. He won a Japanese (or other Asian?) event last year.

That's neat. But what about the rest of us scrubs? And... [Insert obligatory complaint about the rest of the games ridiculous problems.]

Edit: I would post the link but Twitter is blocked at work.
Oh that sucks

Oh yeah I remember that. It was the one where he had some symbol on the back of his jacket, right?

Yeah

After a forward throw, Kolin can meaty Feirce on both quick rise. On normal rise she can do a J.LK that can stay in front or crosses up. Of course a DP can beat it.

kobu

Starting over would mean overhauling the game's online system, and probably taking it down for a while no? Like taking down all the CFN stuff, the infrastructure, etc? I really don't know shit about networking, so I might be off-base, but with their problems they would be better off just increasing server capacity for influxes of players like this and simply fixing the errors. I don't think a full overhaul is necessary for both those things.

Everything they do is so slow and glacial, and then you get major shifts in quality like this.

I'd be okay with not being able to play online for a while if it meant these issues would be fixed. It would prove they were actually serious about fixing the game to me at least.

Pompadour

I'm with Flux on this one, this reeks of a bug/unintended effect to me.

My guess is Capcom didn't mark her as a projectile because Nash and Bison could V-Skill her hitbox and Urien could reflect her (which would be awesome) so they made her an extension of Mika's hitbox. They probably need to make Nadeshiko her own thing.

Village

My guess is Capcom didn't mark her as a projectile because Nash and Bison could V-Skill her hitbox and Urien could reflect her (which would be awesome) so they made her an extension of Mika's hitbox. They probably need to make Nadeshiko her own thing.

What would be cool, if you parried nadesko, and he model, and mika just looks shocked and takes damage

ElFly

I'd be ok if Nash absorbed Nadeshiko

I mean...she still just stands up and leaves, but Nash gets V-bar or whatever

mbpm1

I want Nadeshiko to be reflected by Urien

Heel turn in a second

Or Necalli berserk barrages through her, no sold

On the flipside, you could do some nasty shit to Kolin because she'll be looking out to do the high parry and probably won't be able to spam that shit for any other height.

I'd be okay with not being able to play online for a while if it meant these issues would be fixed. It would prove they were actually serious about fixing the game to me at least.

You might like that, but most consumers would rather have something to play, even in a broken state, over absolutely nothing. And since a lot of stuff is tied to their servers, like the FM and all that, it'd be like cutting off a leg when just taking a few pills would do the trick.

I'm not fully convinced the errors are due to a spotty infrastructure overall causing them, because I would think it'd be more consistent. They seem like bugs that need to be ironed out by someone competent, and increasing server capacity would be enough to stave off toady's issues.

I am assuming that the matchmaking servers and the stat tracking servers are separate, so ... probably still gonna miss out on those sweet LP and FM

Knowing Capcom, it's all run on a single server at the same time.

MCD250

First alternate costume Capcom should have made for Mika is a Nadeshiko alt that slso turns Nadeshiko into Mika tbh.

Mr. X

Countering Birdie's chains work, which is interesting.

I mean, you explained this as though it was fact, but the vid's apparently fake.
I'm at work can't check atm so, under the assumption it was legit like everyone else, it would be because it was a physical hitbox.

Wow got into a match quickly.
Let's see how this goes.
No issues l besides the 40002 error.

We will see what happens at peak times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom