• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the hardest matchup for me as Kolin is against Bison. I don't normally struggle against him, but I think it's my drastic shift in playstyle with Kolin. I play much slower with her and I think that's to Bison's advantage.

Kashiwaba

So far the hardest matchup for me as Kolin is against Bison. I don't normally struggle against him, but I think it's my drastic shift in playstyle with Kolin. I play much slower with her and I think that's to Bison's advantage.

Ya i guess that makes sense I have so much trouble against him as Juri but when i use Rashid he is one of the easiest MUs.

No idea why. I know it shouldn't dip on certain stages or sometimes during supers/VT freeze, win poses and Birdie's intro. Winter City is unplayable.

Windows 10
RAM 16GB
CPU i7 4710HQ 2.5GH

Current in game settings
AA Low
Full screen
FX Low
Shadow Low
Post Processing Low
Res 1920x1080
Res Scaling 100
Texture Med

Some of those happen to me on both pcs and ps4. For example there is often a dip during mikas super. The Christmas map i have only used on ps4 and that randomly stutters for 1 second.

The issues you have may be with the game engine if its running at 60fps 99% of the time.

The v-trigger freeze (like half a second) i would sometimes get on my alpha but only the first time it happened in a play session. Like there wasn't enough vram or something. But that never happened on my laptop which has a weaker card but ran in lower settings. Maybe try textures on low and see if that one stops?

It still sounds like its running worse than it should. Get msi afterburner and monitor your temps. You can also use that to give a small overclock if your temps are all fine.

Hacker fighter going down at Facebook.

90+ team 3v3 tourney....lots of names entered
Justin Wong, PR Rog, Spooky, LPN, Combofiend, HonzoGonzo, etc.

SPOOKY ON DA MIC!
https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

I haven't seen any tournament streams that showed the player inputs before, that's pretty cool.
But I guess it is only possible since they are using fixed setups.

Makes you wonder why fighting don't have a spectator mode that does that.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but Kolin is available now? Do I gotta update SF5 ingame?

Yes, and the game should update itself automatically.

myco666

Ugh. Why killing head has to be half-circle? Trying to do EX killing head because I know throw attempt is coming but if they crossup I end up getting bullhead instead and get thrown out of it.

Also Kolin doesn't have any invincible reversal, right? Atleast no one has done one yet in matches and I have been able to just bully them.

Femto.

Ugh. Why killing head has to be half-circle? Trying to do EX killing head because I know throw attempt is coming but if they crossup I end up getting bullhead instead and get thrown out of it.

Also Kolin doesn't have any invincible reversal, right? Atleast no one has done one yet in matches and I have been able to just bully them.

I've had some Kolins EX command dash on wake up to avoid command grabs. I think it works on regular grabs too, not 100% sure on that.

No idea why. I know it shouldn't dip on certain stages or sometimes during supers/VT freeze, win poses and Birdie's intro. Winter City is unplayable.

Windows 10
RAM 16GB
CPU i7 4710HQ 2.5GH

Current in game settings
AA Low
Full screen
FX Low
Shadow Low
Post Processing Low
Res 1920x1080
Res Scaling 100
Texture Med
Those settings are way too low. My 950m GPU is almost 20% slower than the 860m and I still play SFV at medium settings (with high textures). You should check your Nvidia control panel and make sure SFV uses your dedicated video card instead of intel graphics. I also find that 1366x768 at medium/high settings also looks just as good as 1080p while being far less taxing imo.

Femto.

Made Ultra Silver in one go with a 12 game win streak. (I stopped playing ranked at a 5 game win streak when I hit Super Silver a month and half ago lol)

FeelsGoodMan

Road to Gold by EVO.

myco666

Lmao. Was training 4 frame punishes and was wondering why it was so hard to do. Turns out Birdies st.lp is 5 frame. No wonder it felt impossible.

My scrub friend gave me more trouble with his day 1 bison than his ryu he has been playing for months...bad matchup perhaps?

Lmao. Was training 4 frame punishes and was wondering why it was so hard to do. Turns out Birdies st.lp is 5 frame. No wonder it felt impossible.

His st.lk is the only 4-frame normal he has I believe.

Also, HNNNGGGHH at this Chun-Li art by Kazuya Nuri:
C515YGzVAAAcXPV.jpg:orig

https://twitter.com/nurikazu_/status/836960031358644224

Haha, Kolin's been fun to dabble in but I have to get back to Karin. Kolin gives me way too much salt, the reads need to be so on point, it's hard to just play solid. She's real interesting though, I see her having potential to bring out really hype moments in a tournament.

My scrub friend gave me more trouble with his day 1 bison than his ryu he has been playing for months...bad matchup perhaps?

I played against a few Kolin's with my garbage ass Bison. They couldn't do much on wakeup so I could pressure them for free, but I definitely couldn't headstomp or do random slides because i'd get caught free. Also, throwing out knees was kinda difficult too. Still, she was easy to pressure so long as I mixed shit up.

ElFly

man, yesterday was a bad day for me. I got stomped, perfected, taunted at, etc etc. got kicked back to super silver!

only funny thing I did was SPDing a bison at the start of the scissor kicks. dunno how that is possible

Did you switch to Kolin?!

For a little while yes.

Went online, first match was using LP turbo to farm EXP.

Second guy was a Guile main with a 4-bar connection where by the time it showed that he had jumped, he was literally already hitting me with his crossup.

Third guy was also a Guile main, but he was a 5-bar so it was solid. Didn't really feel like playing Kolin so I switched to FANG, got matched with him again and beat him handily.

Waited 10 minutes for a match... only to get matched up with the EXP farmer again.

In all these matches, my stats didn't show up (not a major thing but still mildly annoying as it just reminds you of the state of the servers). Loading screens were still sooooo long.

Then I was at the main menu screen for 15 minutes again, with no match. My connection was even set to 3-5 just so I could get SOMETHING but nope.

There is no point in me playing this game any more, it is quite literally a waste of time.

Ucchedavāda;231469672 said:
If you leave, then who is going to remind us that F.A.N.G exists!?

:(
What was the last straw?
Like I said before, I'll still come in the thread to shitpost and stuff. Just won't be playing the game while I do it.

Also I feel like people SHOULD forget that F.A.N.G exists. He is literally useless in Season 2.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Haha, Kolin's been fun to dabble in but I have to get back to Karin. Kolin gives me way too much salt, the reads need to be so on point, it's hard to just play solid. She's real interesting though, I see her having potential to bring out really hype moments in a tournament.

Yeah, I'm a Karin main and already miss her. I really want to learn Kolin though so let's see how far my masochistic streak goes.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm taking a break as well.

Fun fact: played some Unreal Tournament. That game is free and in pre-Alpha and has a lot of content. Tutorials with videos, mod-support, lobbies and servers, friendslists, chat, several different modes etc. Just kinda puts things into perspective.

Oh and they have detailed patch note videos(!) once a month.

I've been there.

Take a break, play some other shit, and maybe come back down the road.
My issues with the game aren't things like balance or the design or the gameplay. Yes, FANG is garbage but I still like the character and it's still fun as fuck fighting against the top tier characters.

Problem is it's like I have to wade through a barely functioning and slow UI and netcode to get to that point. Most of the regulars I used to play with have dropped the game too so what's the point.

These problems are something that Capcom hasn't fixed in a year, and haven't really given any indication on whether they even will be or when so I'm not gonna stick around on the promise of a promise that the game will become well-made.

Fun fact: played some Unreal Tournament. That game is free and in pre-Alpha and has a lot of content. Tutorials with videos, mod-support, lobbies and servers, friendslists, chat, several different modes etc. Just kinda puts things into perspective.

I actually just installed Unreal Engine 4 on my PC today, to try and get into that engine too :D

I'll try the gamae out but I'm not expecting much, I'm not in a region where that sort of game is particularly popular. Heard a lot of good things though.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I've been on a defacto break just because of teaching and not having any real time to play but I totally understand having to step away for a bit.

It's really exhausting that even very simple things can't be dealt with by now. I've given the game a lot of leeway and benefit of the doubt, but come on, how can something like turbo idlers still be a thing? That should be just so utterly basic to detect and thwart. The team just seems completely incapable to react. Why does the game need to download and patch in-game instead of using PSN or Steam like every other game? Why do they insist on putting so much dependent on their servers when they're just completely incapable of handling it? Why are lobbies still completely janked up? How is basic UI stuff like letting P2 go to character select still omitted? Why do they pretend that the loading times are fine?

Nevertheless I put up with it, but I understand it coming to a breaking point with some.

So apparently putting turbo'ing your start-button on PS4 causes weird effects for your opponent (a PC) during netplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167BSfrNY1U
http://rowvid.com/?v=167BSfrNY1U (slow-motion / frame-by-frame playback)

The background on the PC gets really weird, with random changes in speed (although I don't think backgrounds are synchronized in the first place), and hit-sparks appear to be truncated (lasting shorter than on PS4). Looking at the video frame-by-frame, it actually appears that the PC version ends up about 2 frames ahead of the PS4, though I'm not sure if that is just an artifact of the recording not being perfect, since the input is made on the PS4. I'm not seeing any roll-back, though.

EDIT: And apparently you can cause freezes by plugging in USB devices to your PS4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AZ7hnaJnqo

There's a similar problem on PC, where unplugging a DInput stick (and possibly XInput stick) will cause the game to freeze for several seconds.

Mr. X

Didn't know it was out, awesome. Could you pm me the site to download?

I've tried to buy Killer Instinct a few times over the last few days but my debit card is acting weird and not working on a few sites that I've used the card on before without issue. Was excited to finally put some time into a game that works well but :(

Still though, MAHVEL is finally coming out for the PC in three days, I'm excited as hell for that. Also Mass Effect: Andromeda which I'm very excited for.

Didn't know it was out, awesome. Could you pm me the site to download?

Go to this site : https://www.unrealengine.com/

Then make an account and download the Epic Games Launcher, then download Unreal Tournament in the client.

Ucchedavāda;231471940 said:
Can't you use PayPal?

As is the case with a lot of things, not available in Pakistan:
KHmlo2J.jpg

Microsoft actually has a regional store here which is really throwing me for a loop when my card doesn't work there but does on Steam :s

Hope my bank fixes it soon though, I want to get in on that Shin Hisako action and I need to git gud with Kan-Ra and Thunder (or General RAAM) before then.

As is the case with a lot of things, not available in Pakistan:
KHmlo2J.jpg

Microsoft actually has a regional store here which is really throwing me for a loop when my card doesn't work there but does on Steam :s

Hope my bank fixes it soon though, I want to get in on that Shin Hisako action and I need to git gud with Kan-Ra and Thunder (or General RAAM) before then.

That sucks.

I picked it up back when it came to Windows 10, at a point where I had also gotten sick of Capcom, but unfortunately I just don't like the combo (breaker) system. Which is a shame, cause it's a really well made game.

I know how you feel, coming from a mainly Street Fighter background I didn't enjoy the system either.

But I've recently been putting some time into the F2P version with Jago and I realized that it actually works really well if you take two things into account.

(i) The combo system is not the only way to get real damage. Chip,potential and projectile damage are incredibly potent. You can straight up win matches in the game without doing a single combo.

(ii) When you get accustomed to the breaker system, the depths and mindgames start expanding like three-fold. When you start implementing shadow counters and the like into your gameplan, the game becomes so much about mindgames that it feels INCREDIBLY rewarding when you land it. Even more than baiting a DP IMO.

I also love that every character has such insane depth and every character has like the MOST INSANE bullshit yet it's still so balanced. Any character can beat any other character in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom