• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

This is definitely the best the servers have been in a long time. Better than even a period of time before Kolin was released.

Stealth fix like how they secretly fixed survival mode kicking you out? If so, Capcom's incompetence truly knows no bounds.

Ucchedavāda;231488890 said:
I'd be shocked if that was the case.

One possible explanation could be that the patch was distributed from the servers instead of using a CDN, which could have resulted in the bandwidth getting saturated from transferring half a gig of data to a ton of players. If so, that would explain why it has gotten better, since most active players will have gotten the patch by now. But that's just pure speculation.
I guess that makes sense. I'm gonna play a bit to see if they are still butt and go back on my previous word.

I wonder why other people are still having issues though.

kirblar

Ucchedavāda;231492854 said:
You mean the balance patch?
My guess is that it'll land after Final Round, so as to avoid people getting screwed over at a premiere event by last minute balance changes, and also that we'll get the details next week.
Yeah, that's by far the best timing for it.

How are you even supposed to fight Zangief as Kolin? Her stubby normals make it impossible to zone him out and once he gets in she has no way to stop his momentum since grabs beat both EX Vanity Step and Frost Touch. Feels like I'm struggling uphill the entire way with no real answers for his stupid bullcrap.

Ucchedavāda;231493414 said:
There is content dropping this month? Or are you just being optimistic?

Any month we don't get a character, we get content. So saythe the blog. It's either going to be a quick Arcade Mode with a few QoLs or, even easier, Extra Battle mode with a few QoL fixes here and there. I suspect a major mode or update to something per month with a few QoLs things.

Neoxon

Any month we don't get a character, we get content. So says the the blog. It's either going to be a quick Arcade Mode with a few QoLs or, even easier, Extra Battle mode with a few QoL fixes here and there. I suspect a major mode or update to something per month with a few QoLs things.
It's likely the CFN update & the Season 2.5 balance patch. I think they're gonna save Arcade Mode & Extra Battle for whatever 30th Anniversary thing they have planned for either E3 or EVO.

Any month we don't get a character, we get content. So saythe the blog. It's either going to be a quick Arcade Mode with a few QoLs or, even easier, Extra Battle mode with a few QoL fixes here and there. I suspect a major mode or update to something per month with a few QoLs things.

Oh, yeah, they did promise something like that. Let's hope that they deliver.

mbpm1

How are you even supposed to fight Zangief as Kolin? Her stubby normals make it impossible to zone him out and once he gets in she has no way to stop his momentum since grabs beat both EX Vanity Step and Frost Touch. Feels like I'm struggling uphill the entire way with no real answers for his stupid bullcrap.

Talk dirty to him in Russian

It's likely the CFN update & the Season 2.5 balance patch. I think they're gonna save Arcade Mode & Extra Battle for whatever 30th Anniversary thing they have planned for either E3 or EVO.

Ohhh I forgot about that. E3 and EVO are kinda far off for content though. Maybe EB will get released before.

Ucchedavāda;231493817 said:
Oh, yeah, they did promise something like that. Let's hope that they deliver.

Hopefully. If they can't for the month, they need to let us know.

Saving Arcade mode for some big event...damn tragedy. That's what this is.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ucchedavāda;231492854 said:
You mean the balance patch?
My guess is that it'll land after Final Round, so as to avoid people getting screwed over at a premiere event by last minute balance changes, and also that we'll get the details next week.

It would be better to piss everyone off early.

I say again: the warm, fuzzy feeling I get from crushing a teabagging/taunting opponent is unparalleled. Almost makes me wish more people were poor sports so I could get this kind of satisfaction more often :p

That's one of the matches I thought I was going to have trouble with but I've been doing pretty well at. Been using a LOT of b+hk. Her double jump is also getting me out of a lot of situations.

My bad matches have been Urien and Bison.

I say again: the warm, fuzzy feeling I get from crushing a teabagging/taunting opponent is unparalleled. Almost makes me wish more people were poor sports so I could get this kind of satisfaction more often :p

I agree, but it's the complete opposite when they do it and get away with it and all you can do is swallow the rage.

That's one of the matches I thought I was going to have trouble with but I've been doing pretty well at. Been using a LOT of b+hk. Her double jump is also getting me out of a lot of situations.

My bad matches have been Urien and Bison.

I was doing that at first, but once he grew wise and began stuffing it with sHP's armour and jumping over it, the matchup became a LOT harder. It's literally a guessing game once he gets close and I hate it with a passion.

Haven't been having too much trouble against Bison though; once you make a few hard reads and establish Frost Touch and V-Skill as a counter to his random buttons, they'll often back off and make it a lot easier for you to regain momentum. HP Frost Touch beats both Skull Diver and Devil's Reverse handily as well, which makes dealing with those moves way less of a pain.

I agree, but it's the complete opposite when they do it and get away with it and all you can do is swallow the rage.

Yeah it's annoying when you lose but it just makes them look like a dick tbh. At least if you win following a taunt it makes them look like a dick AND a scrub.

Bigg_Oggy

I used to taunt players when I was younger. Now that I'm older I respect my opponent...though sometimes I feel myself relapsing.

I think I have a problem.

I was doing that at first, but once he grew wise and began stuffing it with sHP's armour and jumping over it, the matchup became a LOT harder. It's literally a guessing game once he gets close and I hate it with a passion.

Haven't been having too much trouble against Bison though; once you make a few hard reads and establish Frost Touch and V-Skill as a counter to his random buttons, they'll often back off and make it a lot easier for you to regain momentum. HP Frost Touch beats both Skull Diver and Devil's Reverse handily as well, which makes dealing with those moves way less of a pain.
Yeah they start trying to wise up and use HP, but since he has to commit to that move I've been finding they don't want to do it after getting v-skilled several times.

LakeEarth

I ran into Ossiel who was AFK with Kolin, rapid fire her Lk which actually moves her forward. So she's constantly approaching you despite not being there. I realized this means that it's actually a match when he runs into another boosting player. Eventually they will meet, but I don't know who would win.

MCD250

Man, I just played a match where I swear everything just felt a hair off, framerate-wise. Like it wasn't laggy, per sé, but it's like buttons were trading that you reckon shouldn't trade, and things were getting beaten by things they shouldn't be beaten by. I wonder if that can be a thing or if my timing was just off.

MrCarter

Amazing art.

16908959_1825369411016964_8302438741155250176_n.jpg

17077399_419264291753418_677498268803923968_n.jpg

17076956_831466227019144_7198184417217478656_n.jpg

Credit: Edwin Huang - artist at UDON.

MrCarter

I think they said they were looking into the balance to make it more in line with how they "invision the game" or something to that effect. Early March was the date they stated.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I was thinking, if they ever do add any general mechanics down the line; what could be interesting is a new move that requires one stock of each bar together. An entirely whole new move with character specific properties.

I was thinking, if they ever do add any general mechanics down the line; what could be interesting is a new move that requires one stock of each bar together. An entirely whole new move with character specific properties.

That does sound like a good idea. Instead of giving different selectable CAs/V-Triggers they could give us the choice between different moves for this mechanic.

You know, I really would have loved an SF game that just killed noncommand dashes off.

IIRC most if not all of the characters in the Alpha series didn't have the ability to dash. Projectiles in Alpha 1-3 also did piddly damage and practically nonexistent chip damage, so matches were a lot more about patient footsies and less about zoning or insane rushdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom