• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
That does sound like a good idea. Instead of giving different selectable CAs/V-Triggers they could give us the choice between different moves for this mechanic.

Adding a new mechanic to a fairly straightforward game (supposing they actually would/do) would be a tricky proposition. Maybe have that joint bar move be something that can be both canceled into and out of another special move. If they made v reversals like alpha counters it could prevent the game from skewing further into the offense based territory.

Sayad

Dashes are one of the best things that happened to SF tbh. Bring back super jumps too, pls, that's what they should have done to deal with strong zooning, not make fireballs shit and give everyone armored/fireball invincible moves. Of course then anti-airs would have to be more reliable.

IIRC most if not all of the characters in the Alpha series didn't have the ability to dash. Projectiles in Alpha 1-3 also did piddly damage and practically nonexistent chip damage, so matches were a lot more about patient footsies and less about zoning or insane rushdown.

Walk speeds were faster and there was air blocking. If you watch matches, there is alot of jumping. People were willing to get AA'd as well.

I like dashes as the means to cover space nowadays.

MCD250

When you and your opponent air to air each other and then when you land you both go for the EX DP and yours beat theirs.

200w.gif

RM8

Guys, I really want to buy Kolin, but I do intend to buy all characters later this year. Should I wait and buy the season pass? Is it a bad idea to buy her now and then everyone else later? I don't want to miss on costumes, colours, etc. :x

Guys, I really want to buy Kolin, but I do intend to buy all characters later this year. Should I wait and buy the season pass? Is it a bad idea to buy her now and then everyone else later? I don't want to miss on costumes, colours, etc. :x

You don't get a FM refund if you buy the season pass later so it'd be worth it to just wait if you're going for the Season Pass eventually.

Femto.

I hate fighting Laura, though :0

To be fair, my Laura is weak, I just started playing her last weekend lol

I get zoned as hell against Sims. I'll have to look at higher level play I guess. I don't want to move onto Kolin until I get the hang of this character.

Yeah I've noticed, but I never really understood it. Especially in a game like SFV where you have dumb shit like Crush Counters and some characters can kill you in like two mistakes. I've repeatedly seen Ryus do it and have gotten free damage out of it. Even if they guess right, an ex dp is not substantial enough damage to be worth the risk in a situation like that.

If the opponent is always mashing buttons at all times, then I get the risk, but I don't mash buttons and I still see people do it.

If people shouldn't risk a DP cause the damage from a blocked one is greater that if it hits, then why do people want the old DPs back then.

Sometimes you just gotta do it. You gotta believe. That one time you think they won't do it. Bam! They do it.

Hyun Sai

Good job Nemo. Showing what he can do using a viable character. After wasting time trying to make Vega work (and seeing a nerf lol), he deserves it.

MCD250

I was gonna say something like Nemo will probably singlehandedly get Urien nerfed, but then I didn't expect Urien to get buffed after S1 in the first place. No way of knowing where Capcom's heads are at on these things.

Nemo the god!

Congrats to Nemo. He becomes the 6th player to win Japan's premier (even counting Asia and World) league tournament joining Sako, Mago, Fuudo, Bonchan, and Daigo. Elite company.

Whooop! Reached Super Gold for the first time!

Rog should probably get a nerf or two, but I am just going keep riding dirty with him till the Capcops show up.

They most likely don't care if they look like a dick, look at Smug and Nuckledu lol

Knuckledu isn't even funny nor does he have an outgoing personality (that I've seen) so it made him look like a real ass during Capcom Cup. It made it seem personal the first time I saw it. Then I saw him doing it to everybody and it just confused me.

While Urien could stand to get a few nerfs, Nemos spacing with him and his work is what took him to victory road. He's insane.

Hopefully they just take down his ex tackle, scale his AR stuff, and maybe flip that cr mk off.

While Urien could stand to get a few nerfs, Nemos spacing with him and his work is what took him to victory road. He's insane.

Hopefully they just take down his ex tackle, scale his AR stuff, and maybe flip that cr mk off.

Right now I think Urien and Balrog are a little ridiculous. Urien for everything you just mentioned and Bolrog is a little too strong.

I don't want to speak too soon about Kolin but she could probably use a strength buff.

And somebody help Nash out please. It still hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom