• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I think Urien and Balrog are a little ridiculous. Urien for everything you just mentioned and Bolrog is a little too strong.

I don't want to speak too soon about Kolin but she could probably use a strength buff.

And somebody help Nash out please. It still hurts.

Scale him too. I know people won't like that since muh nerfs hurt but sometimes fighting games need it. He should still do big boy damage, just require a little more in terms of resources he has to spend and not kill off three combos. That's really about it. He and Urien will eat it if they buff vreversals back to the norm.

Which is why characters should maybe get a little more meter for their v skills in some cases, or maybe not.

Kolin needs way more time. People say she needs a damage buff but I think people need more time with her in general. She's really technical so let that girl cook.

Nash will probably be fine if he gets a way out of the corner.

Why would you go for an EX DP? Taking a huge risk by doing that. Best case scenario is that you do a bit of damage due to dumb luck, worst case scenario is that you lose half of your lifebar, if not more.

Also I hope S3 brings some substantial changes, like removing crush counters, giving everyone an answer against meaties and is more than an offense game. Guess we'll have to make so with an urien nerf until then. I wonder what the next FANG nerf will be.
Crush counters aren't going anywhere until SF6 and like 13 characters currently possess some sort of invulnerable reversal with which to wake up. I guess some people really want meterless reversals.

Mr. X

At the start, scissor kick can be countered mid but midway, you can counter it with mid or high lolol
Counter Cammy L DP with either H or M counter, L counter ducks it :tears:

I'm seeing if there's any moves that have to be countered differently midway with Kolin.

Well he is white man so what did you expect.

U2kkAUR.jpg

Well he is white man so what did you expect.
Ironically Alex might have the most jumping power of all Street Fighter characters. Dude makes Mario proud with full screen EX stomps in 3S and pretty far stomps/headbutts in SFV. The guy may very well have had pogo sticks surgically installed in his calf muscles unbeknownst to him.

We need Jean Reno to explain this in SF6.

myco666

Would watch this.

Ironically Alex might have the most jumping power of all Street Fighter characters. Dude makes Mario proud with full screen EX stomps in 3S and pretty far stomps/headbutts in SFV. The guy may very well have had pogo sticks surgically installed in his calf muscles unbeknownst to him.

We need Jean Reno to explain this in SF6.

There are obviously exceptions as the movie taught us. Battle Outfit Alex even looks like he could be Woody Harrelson.

I really don't understand the need for downplaying. Just accept that your character is good, doesn't mean jack shit if you're still ass and can't win with them.

myco666

But the reason just can't be ME. It just can't. It has to be the character. Like I would be diamond by now if I dropped Birdie and started using Urien instead.

Sayad

Gootecks downplaying Urien on their latest episode while the gang somehow thinks Vega can do whatever he wants.
Vega can make you feel that, until you put him in the corner and start feeling sorry for him.
But Gootecks gonna Gootecks, remember when he was all about how garbage Soul Satellite is(after SSF4 nerf) until someone won EVO with it?!

Urien is the one character where I'd say that it's too much. Laura's braindead and Balrog's trigger turns him into jesus christ, but Urien still takes it. His damage and stun output are through the roof, has an amazing fierce (that makes vega swoon over its range and hitboxes), fantastic fireball, shoulder's absurd, insane combo capabilities, more than average health and is just godly all around.

https://youtu.be/yW_ic5gfN68?t=195

Fantastic Fireball? Absurd shoulder? Come on dude his fireball is straight ass & his shoulders outside of EX are whatever. He's super good as is, you don't need to exaggerate everything.

You guys know that quitting to rematch after accepting to play again doesn't work?

You mean that you can't cancel after you've accepted a rematch in a FTx, but before your opponent has accepted (plus a short delay)? That certainly used to work, since I have occasionally clicked twice, and thereby accidentally cancelled, and had to re-accept.

FluxWaveZ

Why were V-Reversals nerfed again?

I've started playing Guilty Gear Xrd again, and all of the characters in that game are freaking crazy. All cheap in their own ways. It works out, though, because of the numerous defensive mechanics the game has. SFV doesn't have those, so characters like Urien and Laura get to run wild without being checked.

I've started playing Guilty Gear Xrd again, and all of the characters in that game are freaking crazy. All cheap in their own ways. It works out, though, because of the numerous defensive mechanics the game has. SFV doesn't have those, so characters like Urien and Laura get to run wild without being checked.

My theory is that because you gain more meter for v-stuff for some characters, they didn't want it to be cheap. Like, you can get a bunch of meter for a bunch of characters just doing their thing quicker than before.

It's not just the top tiers, but much of the cast able to just go in without too much recourse.

It's a simple fix. Set that shit back to normal. It'll equalize the game even more, give people options to get out, and let the crazy shit stay (besides a few things). Then they can focus on making the game more ridiculous.

MCD250

I really don't understand the need for downplaying. Just accept that your character is good, doesn't mean jack shit if you're still ass and can't win with them.
I'm completely open about the fact that my main carries me through a bunch of shit I should not be able to get away with.

Edit: Nevermind it's B tier. I'll live.

I'm completely open about the fact that my main carries me through a bunch of shit I should not be able to get away with.

Nah, I mean, people probably have to work harder depending on the matchup, but that's on them to get better. I get away with stupid shit with Urien because people don't understand that I can definitely be bullied and conditioned into doing stupid shit despite my good buttons. This ain't no Ivan Ooze shit, you are better than you think.

Mr. X

KoF as well. I would love if everyone had a roll and blowback in SFV but nah, Capcom picks and choose for us.

Ok so hopped back on SFV for the first time in a while and got destroyed by a Kolin. Can anyone give me the rundown on her and what is or isn't safe? She was using a lot of that hailstorm attack.

Mr. X

Ok so hopped back on SFV for the first time in a while and got destroyed by a Kolin. Can anyone give me the rundown on her and what is or isn't safe? She was using a lot of that hailstorm attack.
Throw her a lot.
Most normals are +1 or -2 besides sweep and overhead
All specials unsafe.
Vskill -5 or 7?
Good anti airs and air to airs
If you block the hail, you have block the mixup
She has a double jump

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ucchedavāda;231529304 said:
I'm always like "I blocked that, yay, time to punish!", and then I get wrecked by the second hit. Same as with Guile's crHK.
Guile's catches me literally every single time, but something about the timing of Kolin's prevents me from attacking even when I hit buttons. I actually assumed the two hits were a true block string.

Guile's catches me literally every single time, but something about the timing of Kolin's prevents me from attacking even when I hit buttons. I actually assumed the two hits were a true block string.

You are probably right. I'm likely mis-remembering and mixing it up with the times where the first hit wiffed. I'm sick, tired, and tipsy right now. Still gotta get used to it.

It's Eventhubs, but it probably does represent the common opinion of people playing the game: a poll for the characters people want to see buffed and nerfed the most in an upcoming S2 patch.

No real surprises in there. I guess I would have thought Laura would be higher than Balrog instead of pretty much equal. Funny how much Ryu is the underdog now when I think back to S1. Wonder how much of that is for Daigo's sake.

FANG nerfs, huh?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've long suspected that funny things could happen to your inputs as the opponent is jumping over you, e.g., with Ken I'll throw a fireball completely unintentionally as they cross over.

Today I did a completely accidental CA "on reaction" to Juri's v-skill warping past me. I looked at the inputs and they in no way resembled a CA command. Nonetheless, the first half of the essential inputs (down, left) occurred while she was on my left, then I guess I hit down, right as she was passing through me and I must have hit kick in a panic and CA came out.

I went to training mode to verify that you can do a double fireball motion CA in reaction to Juri's v-skill if you do the first motion toward her, then the next motion backwards as she passes through. This seems not that useful, but that's what I learned today.

Also that being able to confirm a combo off a c.lk is a game changer.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ucchedavāda;231529304 said:
I'm always like "I blocked that, yay, time to punish!", and then I get wrecked by the second hit. Same as with Guile's crHK.

the move in total lasts for over an entire second, so it's not surprising

Haha I thought I was the only one! Although in a Kolin mirror you can low parry that second hit I'm assuming.

mbpm1

I've long suspected that funny things could happen to your inputs as the opponent is jumping over you, e.g., with Ken I'll throw a fireball completely unintentionally as they cross over.

Today I did a completely accidental CA "on reaction" to Juri's v-skill warping past me. I looked at the inputs and they in no way resembled a CA command. Nonetheless, the first half of the essential inputs (down, left) occurred while she was on my left, then I guess I hit down, right as she was passing through me and I must have hit kick in a panic and CA came out.

I went to training mode to verify that you can do a double fireball motion CA in reaction to Juri's v-skill if you do the first motion toward her, then the next motion backwards as she passes through. This seems not that useful, but that's what I learned today.

Also that being able to confirm a combo off a c.lk is a game changer.

Autocorrect has been a thing yeah.

mbpm1

I thought autocorrect is when the move comes out in the opposite direction of the input. That seems related but not identical to what I described.

Oh, i think it's crosscut then.

Vega players have been using things like flying barcelona movement to fuck up dps for a while. go in front, behind, in front.

The game just sees 2 forward inputs, not 1 forward and 1 backwards because of the input buffer.
Likewise, if you are holding back to block, but then roll to down and end in forwards because you want to defend against a crossup, the game actually buffers in a hcb motion and you can confirm the landing frames of your opponent into a command grab if they miss the crossup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom